ADVERTISEMENT

Eppy or Chase Young?

AJ Eppy or Chase Young

• AJ by a landslide

Votes: 114 95.8%
  • Chase Young by a landslide

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
Teams that regularly land 5 star recruits have such a built in advantage. Our coaches work their tail off “developing” kids. And we get basically one 5 star a decade. AJE was able to basically dominate after like 2 months on campus and was first team all big ten his second year on campus. You get a couple of those kids a year and you have so much margin for error in your other talent evaluations and development.

As an OSU fan, Chase has all the physical tools but he has a tendency to take plays off. He will be one of the leaders of the defense and will have to perform on a more consistent level if he wants to be a high first round draft choice. I'm not so sure Chase is the best DL on our team. As far as the poll it's a close call but I vote for A J as of today.

I am really amazed at the rare OSU and Michigan fans that come by here. Rational and willing to talk football, probably because they don't feel threatened. The polar opposite from the legions of trolls from the west who live on this board.

You also don't have the hatred for those schools that you do for Nebraska, so that plays into it as well. Plenty of fans try to talk football but then the hate takes over.

Not at all biased here.

AJ. He’s mostly likely to beat his man (25%+)
He can collapse the pocket, more errand throws. And I’m pretty sure he’ll lead the nation in strip sacks returned for a TD.

I am really amazed at the rare OSU and Michigan fans that come by here. Rational and willing to talk football, probably because they don't feel threatened. The polar opposite from the legions of trolls from the west who live on this board.

Thanks Grayhair81, with that I feel that both players will be a nightmare match up for BIG Offensive Tackles this season and may the best man win...Can't wait for the season to start!

Reactions: SWIowahawks
You also don't have the hatred for those schools that you do for Nebraska, so that plays into it as well. Plenty of fans try to talk football but then the hate takes over.

Lmfao, you're right. How dare those Iowa fans respond in kind when trolls start threads incessantly like the current one about Blaise Gunnerson.

Lmfao, you're right. How dare those Iowa fans respond in kind when trolls start threads incessantly like the current one about Blaise Gunnerson.

The point obviously went over your head. All I am stating is the relationship is different between Hawk and NU fans. They seem to get after each other more than other schools.

Thanks for chiming in on this ZFREE. At least put down who you’re voting for in the comments so we know that you’re not just making up mindless blather about UNL.

Not at all biased here.

AJ. He’s mostly likely to beat his man (25%+)
He can collapse the pocket, more errand throws. And I’m pretty sure he’ll lead the nation in strip sacks returned for a TD.

The crazy thing is Epenesa forced 4 fumbles last year, and probably should have been credited with 2-3 more minimum. In the Wisconsin game, he hit Hornibrook and the ball came out, only for the ref to say his arm was coming forward. The only reason the ball and arm went forward was because Epenesa hit his arm. Iowa should have challenged that play. Similar story in the Iowa State game (he forced one fumble and should have been credited with another) and one other game (the particular one escapes me).

Some guys just have the knack for getting the ball out when they get to the QB. Epenesa does. His timing and coordination is quite amazing for a guy his size.

Hard to say as Epenesa was used more in passing situations than run situations. As an edge pass rusher, I think it is clear he is better/more feared. Will be interesting to see how that translates to the run game as he gets more stats there to compare him.

Thanks Grayhair81, with that I feel that both players will be a nightmare match up for BIG Offensive Tackles this season and may the best man win...Can't wait for the season to start!

They will both hear their name called on the first night of the draft-probably in the first ten picks. Big guys with the kind of explosion they have off the edge are always taken quickly.

Reactions: Buck2427

Yeah but most of the hatred comes from so many of your fans coming here not to talk objectively. Your fans have made it so most Iowa fans a suspicious of any Nebraska fans that vine here, even if their intentions are to have an objective conversation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT