ADVERTISEMENT

Explain your screen name

I wish WWDM would let us know - again - why he has that extra "W." It's one of my favorite stories, but I'm not sure everone's heard it.
Well, since WWDM is apparently on a Kwood-type offseason routine...

During October one year, then known as "WDMHawkeye", our good friend, posted some disparaging comments on the football board. A little fuzzy, but I've always assumed his comments were along the lines of the following:
1) Iowa should never punt inside their opponent's 35 yd line.
2) Do we even know what a dime package is?
3) Draw play on 3rd and 15? Brilliant!
4) Can we go back to the yellow helmets with the cursive "Iowa" on the side?
Well, as it happens, the mods undies were washed in hot water and fitting rather tightly that day and he found himself "banned".

A minor set back for a sharp, young lad from Luther College, so he reinvents himself and wait for it...

As "WDMMHawkeye" (brilliant, right?)

But he wasn't able to control his vitriol, so he started posting again:
1) Vertical passing game? My foot.
2) How many delay of game penalties can we get in a game?
3) The next time we stop a fake punt will be the first.
4) I'd like to see the Tim Dwight "Banana unis" come back.

And so he was banned, again.

Inconceivable.

But if you think that would stop this kid, you were wrong. Like Borschel rallying against Henrich, he kept coming. This time as "WWDMHawkeye".

By placing the "W" in front of the "WDM", he was able to trick the mods and has been hiding in plain sight ever since.

Last edited:
Earned the name 32 years ago as HawkeyeWillie the Barbecue Master for my love of the Hawkeyes and cooking at home party's, football games, family reunions but now everybody has split and go different ways and it's not because of my cooking. :D

Earned the name 32 years ago as HawkeyeWillie the Barbecue Master for my love of the Hawkeyes and cooking at home party's, football games, family reunions but now everybody has split and go different ways and it's not because of my cooking. :D
Live in Glenwood and Hawk fan. Fairly complicated!

Mendoza is the city in Argentina where I spend a lot of time, and will be moving there soon (permanently)...just wish they wrestled there!! If anyone has interest in Argentina, I'm fairly obsessed with the country, so we can chat.

Reactions: el dub and shobart
Is there a way of changing your name? My account on here is young enough to where I would still like to change mine to “Prison Mike” (because of my avatar...I’ve never been to prison).

That's interesting to me because I have been to prison... in many states... Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, Wisconsin and West Virginia
I've dropped people off and picked people up in Arkansas. And picked people up in the other states. Thusly my name... I'm a Benton County Deputy

Mine's another boring one. My initials (and also my oldest son's and grandson's) and my favorite sport.

Reactions: shobart
I’m an art teacher that clearly isn’t a wordsmith, and a bit of a smarta$$, to top it off, I started reading the “Iowa Preps” board before I found myself frequenting here and I thought I’d be more antagonizing that what I really am...
giving away our secret identities, are we?

Reactions: rival_me
Older guy from North Central Iowa. I learned to wrestle in the 5th grade in my friends living room. It was about the size of the inside circle of the mat. I Had numerous rug burns, before I ever wrestled on a mat. After the first rug burn, I was “hooked” on grappling. Wrestling on the edge is for wennies.

My name comes from my 1st experience in flipping tires on a race car. I was learning how to take tires off the rims without the machine. To do this you have to use what they call spoons. Well I did not set the first spoon securely and when putting the 2nd spoon in the 1st spoon flew out and caught me in the chin. Fortunately it did not knock me out but everybody started calling me spoons. LOL

Older guy from North Central Iowa. I learned to wrestle in the 5th grade in my friends living room. It was about the size of the inside circle of the mat. I Had numerous rug burns, before I ever wrestled on a mat. After the first rug burn, I was “hooked” on grappling. Wrestling on the edge is for wennies.

LOL Me too.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Is there a way of changing your name? My account on here is young enough to where I would still like to change mine to “Prison Mike” (because of my avatar...I’ve never been to prison). I am guessing I need to contact a mod or something? That’ll be odd if they don’t know “The Office.”
Quick turn on Comedy Central! The "Prison Mike" episode is on!! (or got to Netflix and stream it anytime you like).

I lived in Marion at the time I created my account and had a bad habit of posting after a good night of drinking. Have been sober for almost 4 years now and life is good!

There's some other people that practice your former habit that need to not practice your former habit..........

Mine is my name.

Mike

That's interesting to me because I have been to prison... in many states... Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, Wisconsin and West Virginia
I've dropped people off and picked people up in Arkansas. And picked people up in the other states. Thusly my name... I'm a Benton County Deputy

I didn’t do it!!! I didn’t do it!!! It was some....Mongolian! Yeah, a Mongolian!!!

Reactions: el dub
Well, since WWDM is apparently on a Kwood-type offseason routine...

During October one year, then known as "WDMHawkeye", our good friend, posted some disparaging comments on the football board. A little fuzzy, but I've always assumed his comments were along the lines of the following:
1) Iowa should never punt inside their opponent's 35 yd line.
2) Do we even know what a dime package is?
3) Draw play on 3rd and 15? Brilliant!
4) Can we go back to the yellow helmets with the cursive "Iowa" on the side?
Well, as it happens, the mods undies were washed in hot water and fitting rather tightly that day and he found himself "banned".

A minor set back for a sharp, young lad from Luther College, so he reinvents himself and wait for it...

As "WDMMHawkeye" (brilliant, right?)

But he wasn't able to control his vitriol, so he started posting again:
1) Vertical passing game? My foot.
2) How many delay of game penalties can we get in a game?
3) The next time we stop a fake punt will be the first.
4) I'd like to see the Tim Dwight "Banana unis" come back.

And so he was banned, again.

Inconceivable.

But if you think that would stop this kid, you were wrong. Like Borschel rallying against Henrich, he kept coming. This time as "WWDMHawkeye".

By placing the "W" in front of the "WDM", he was able to trick the mods and has been hiding in plain sight ever since.
And we're still waiting for a retort from @WWDMHawkeye
b0217.gif

Reactions: el dub
I think I've had this posting name since the days of superhawkeye.com.

In my youth I was obnoxiously opinionated to the point I was rightly hounded on everything I said. Now, it's only about 90%.

And, being older and wiser, I now use methods that are less exhausting, like having an avatar of an obnoxious Tiger Hawk hybrid I designed.

Reactions: Inthecircle
didn't mind being "just somebody" on the interwebs.

I also don't mind being who I actually am, so my twitter is gmschmitz, and from that you can find out just about anything you need to doxx me if you wanted. :)

Like Van Horne, Atkins, Keystone, Blairstown, Norway, Benton County?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT