ADVERTISEMENT

Fargo

Nice job coming back for Abe there. That was a very even match. The late lace blew it open.

I'll preface this by saying that Assad is a good recruit, but those on here that continue to hope/believe he's going to step right in next year and push Wilcke need to lower their expectations. Right now, he's somewhat limited on his feet, and that's against high school competition. He's going to have a very hard time scoring against college guys until he improves there. I think he's a guy that can qualify for the national tournament as a freshman and sophomore and place as an upperclassman with a ceiling of 3-5. Hopefully, this isn't the case and he'll make big jumps in the room, but he's already gotten a lot of high level coaching. I think Alex Meyer, with maybe a little more athleticism, is a pretty good comparison as it stands right now.

Nice job coming back for Abe there. That was a very even match. The late lace blew it open.

I'll preface this by saying that Assad is a good recruit, but those on here that continue to hope/believe he's going to step right in next year and push Wilcke need to lower their expectations. Right now, he's somewhat limited on his feet, and that's against high school competition. He's going to have a very hard time scoring against college guys until he improves there. I think he's a guy that can qualify for the national tournament as a freshman and sophomore and place as an upperclassman with a ceiling of 3-5. Hopefully, this isn't the case and he'll make big jumps in the room, but he's already gotten a lot of high level coaching. I think Alex Meyer, with maybe a little more athleticism, is a pretty good comparison as it stands right now.

He did pretty well against Gavin Hoffman earlier this summer, and he's a college guy.

Christenson lost but kind of got hosed from my view. Looked like he doubled the guy right to his back, the guys shoulders pounded off the mat and Christenson flipped over the top from the momentum and they give the other guy 4.

Reactions: WEH8ST8HAWK
He did pretty well against Gavin Hoffman earlier this summer, and he's a college guy.
And he got blanked 8-0 by Trent Hidlay on the front side of that tournament. I'm not saying Assad isn't good or won't be successful. I just think the perception of him on here is setting him up to be a disappointment which isn't fair to him. He's a grinder. He isn't going to score a ton of bonus points or come in and be a world beater on day 1. He's going to be very solid and an AA contender with some upside if he finds more reliable offense. He's a good hand fighter and is pretty tough to score on, but that's not going to be enough to place high. Warner ran into this issue this past year. If you wrestle close matches, you're going to drop some unexpected ones here or there.

Christenson lost but kind of got hosed from my view. Looked like he doubled the guy right to his back, the guys shoulders pounded off the mat and Christenson flipped over the top from the momentum and they give the other guy 4.
Totally agree. How the other guy got 4 after a review baffles me. Gabe double legged him straight to his back out of bounds and the other guy gets 4. Just dumb.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
And he got blanked 8-0 by Trent Hidlay on the front side of that tournament. I'm not saying Assad isn't good or won't be successful. I just think the perception of him on here is setting him up to be a disappointment which isn't fair to him. He's a grinder. He isn't going to score a ton of bonus points or come in and be a world beater on day 1. He's going to be very solid and an AA contender with some upside if he finds more reliable offense. He's a good hand fighter and is pretty tough to score on, but that's not going to be enough to place high. Warner ran into this issue this past year. If you wrestle close matches, you're going to drop some unexpected ones here or there.
A lot of Warner's problems are self induced.

Reactions: Jaybird319
Flo is supposedly doing well financially please spend some $$$$$$ on the God awful announcers you now have.

Last edited:
So the Flo announcer says about Devos with a bloody nose "he cant hold his mud".Cant make this sh.. up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT