ADVERTISEMENT

Fearmongering on the Georgia Voting Law is officially over.

No; the legislature gets to APPOINT WHO determines that legitimacy.

You’re still wrong. State Election Board cannot throw out votes or on their own or determine a “legit” ballot. I’m not sure where you are getting this stuff.

You do seem to be advocating for that power to rest in the hands of a single official (Secretary of State), though, which is weird and a bad idea.

Reactions: goldmom
I waited in a line in downtown DM last year that was several blocks long to vote and the wait was about 50 mins. So either your math is off, or there's some gross inefficiencies inside the booth in GA. (Oh, and people had no issue bringing a bottle of water with them. Some people even had smoothies and one guy actually brought chick fil a. I'm sure the GA voters are just as capable)
There was a single polling place where the machines were all messed up and there were some crazy wait times. I’m sure Joe is furiously looking to link the news story right now.

So, you have zero understanding of what Jim Crow was. Shocked.
That’s what you take from that? I try really hard to think you’re not stupid. Just not self aware and misguided. I might be wrong though. Maybe you are dumber than I thought. There’s no nuance to your thinking.

Reactions: Moral
Not having water handed to you clearly is “the end of Democracy” and “worse than Jim Crow”.
JFC. What a reach. Could you please explain to me how the Republicans aren’t really attacking American democracy? I want to know precisely why you think my eyes and ears are lying to me. None of the MAGAs on here can. If you’re so middle of the road please explain how everything coming out from the 1/6 committee is just nonsense, Trump wasn’t/isn’t plotting a coup.
I would also like to understand why Republicans are the people we should trust to end inflation, lower gas prices, unite the free world…in your words.

Why do the Republicans complain about everything going on yet vote against things the majority of Americans want? Infrastructure. Lower drug and health care costs? Now baby formula. Now do gun violence in schools. Any plan by Republicans to end this epidemic??

You strongly imply the Democrats are worse. Please explain why I should ignore my eyes and ears and believe the Ted Cruz and MTG of the world have the answers. Thank you.

Last edited:
Right. The point is people are forbidden from giving out gifts including food and water at voting locations for obvious reasons.
I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem that my elderly mother wouldn't be able to call me and say, "I've been in line a long time. Can you bring me a water?" Instead right a law that you aren't allowed to provide gifts which may be misconstrued as politically motivated gifts. For example, I could drop off bottled water to poll workers who could then distribute as needed. They are unbiased and simply helping the election process. Portions of the law are stupid and not well thought out.

The stupidity is mind-boggling.

Michael Steele is hosting a show on MSNBC and has a couple Dem strategists on.

He asked one of them, “We are seeing record turnout in Georgia despite the voting law. Why do you think that is?”

The response was: “Well, we will know the real impact of the law if the General election is close. What if someone wanted to put their ballot in a Dropbox late at night and couldn’t? Or, when someone is in line and someone can’t bring them water and they need to leave. That’s when we will find out the impact.”

Holy shit. THAT’S what you’re worried about? Late night ballot drops and people who don’t have a water bottle? And they canceled the All Star game for that. Idiots.
And to think I spent about 90 minutes at the last election waiting in line to vote without someone bringing me water. The humanity!

JFC. What a reach. Could you please explain to me how the Republicans aren’t really attacking American democracy? I want to know precisely why you think my eyes and ears are lying to me. None of the MAGAs on here can. If you’re so middle of the road please explain how everything coming out from the 1/6 committee is just nonsense, Trump wasn’t/isn’t plotting a coup.
I would also like to understand why Republicans are the people we should trust to end inflation, lower gas prices, unite the free world…in your words.

Why do the Republicans complain about everything going on yet vote against things the majority of Americans want? Infrastructure. Lower drug and health care costs? Now baby formula. Now do gun violence in schools. Any plan by Republicans to end this epidemic??

You strongly imply the Democrats are worse. Please explain why I should ignore my eyes and ears and believe the Ted Cruz and MTG of the world have the answers. Thank you.
This thread is about the Georgia voting law, not 1/6. Yes, I know you think there's a connection. Seems like there's already sufficient evidence the voting law hasn't suppressed any vote, despite what you, Biden, et al predicted. So you have to go all 'Joe's Place' and move the goal post because that's all you've got.

The fact is, everything is working, even if a POTUS and crowd tried to disrupt the process. Laws were put in place so votes can't be questioned again. This protects everyone, not one side or the other.

I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem that my elderly mother wouldn't be able to call me and say, "I've been in line a long time. Can you bring me a water?" Instead right a law that you aren't allowed to provide gifts which may be misconstrued as politically motivated gifts. For example, I could drop off bottled water to poll workers who could then distribute as needed. They are unbiased and simply helping the election process. Portions of the law are stupid and not well thought out.
Google “Pizza to the Polls”. It is a non profit that brings people food while they are waiting in line.

First of all, how pathetic is our country that people can’t be bothered to wait for an hour in line without pouring groceries down their gullet? But you can’t have people getting free stuff to vote. There is no way to keep that under control.

Google “Pizza to the Polls”. It is a non profit that brings people food while they are waiting in line.

First of all, how pathetic is our country that people can’t be bothered to wait for an hour in line without pouring groceries down their gullet? But you can’t have people getting free stuff to vote. There is no way to keep that under control.
If people don't want to wait in a long line on election day, they can drop off their ballot, or vote early. If they think they may get thirsty, they can actually bring their own water.

If people don't want to wait in a long line on election day, they can drop off their ballot, or vote early. If they think they may get thirsty, they can actually bring their own water.
giphy.gif

Do you think this law protects the elections? I mean we heard all about election fraud and this is what the GOP does? Was it necessary?

I waited in a line in downtown DM last year that was several blocks long to vote and the wait was about 50 mins. So either your math is off, or there's some gross inefficiencies inside the booth in GA.

Or, there are more intentional slowdowns. Like inoperative voting machines, etc.

Biden said the Georgia voting laws were “Jim Crow on steroids” and you said “He’s right.” And you have refused to explain how the fvck these laws (which are less restrictive than Delaware’s) are somehow worse than white and black sections, white and black water fountains, blacks on the back of busses and literacy tests and poll taxes.

Your problem is you want yourself and Dems to be able to say whatever hyperbolic dumb shit you want with the freedom of no one calling you on it.

None of that other shit you mentioned has anything to do with this very specific thing. Which is Dems flailing about screaming that this very law is the second coming of Jim Crow…but worse. The MLB moved a goddamed all star game from Atlanta and all we’ve seen so far is record turn out. And you STILL say “Biden is right”.

Why don’t you take some self inventory on that bullshit before we talk about ANYTHING else?

Biden said the Georgia voting laws were “Jim Crow on steroids” and you said “He’s right.” And you have refused to explain how the fvck these laws (which are less restrictive than Delaware’s) are somehow worse than white and black sections, white and black water fountains, blacks on the back of busses and literacy tests and poll taxes.

Your problem is you want yourself and Dems to be able to say whatever hyperbolic dumb shit you want with the freedom of no one calling you on it.

None of that other shit you mentioned has anything to do with this very specific thing. Which is Dems flailing about screaming that this very law is the second coming of Jim Crow…but worse. The MLB moved a goddamed all star game from Atlanta and all we’ve seen so far is record turn out. And you STILL say “Biden is right”.

Why don’t you take some self inventory on that bullshit before we talk about ANYTHING else?
So you have nothing. You're also missing the point of why I agree with Biden and what he's saying. Again, you have nothing to help convince me that you have any answers to what I asked. This makes me sad because I am convinced that you are smart enough to know better, but you don't stop. You pick this tiny little thing by Biden and want it to be in the same vein as a clear attack on our democracy. Democratic Republic. Authoritarianism is about on it's way, you have no answers other than Biden said something you disagree with.

I think I must be overestimating you at this point and that makes me sad.

So you have nothing. You're also missing the point of why I agree with Biden and what he's saying. Again, you have nothing to help convince me that you have any answers to what I asked. This makes me sad because I am convinced that you are smart enough to know better, but you don't stop. You pick this tiny little thing by Biden and want it to be in the same vein as a clear attack on our democracy. Democratic Republic. Authoritarianism is about on it's way, you have no answers other than Biden said something you disagree with.

I think I must be overestimating you at this point and that makes me sad.
Yeah…just like that. Fearmongering. You think things are so different now and that we are so enlightened and that things could never have been worse and the only possible thing to happen next is the end of democracy.

Well, that’s what they said about Nixon, that’s what they said about Reagan, that’s what they said about Bush and Cheney and you’re all still singing the same song with nothing to show for it. The kids who cried wolf.

The shame of it is that one of these times you might be correct, but you’ve been wrong so often up to this point that you get tuned out. No one cares what you’re crying about.

So, when you and Biden and the Dems say “the georgia law is the end of democracy”, and turnout increases, you still press on as if you’re not completely full of shit and not 100% wrong with every prediction.

Try getting one right first. Then we might care about your flailing around.

Do you think this law protects the elections? I mean we heard all about election fraud and this is what the GOP does? Was it necessary?
Yes. It was necessary because there was no framework around drop boxes previously. Those were an emergency measure because of the pandemic. There was also confusion around terms like 'business hours'. It doesn't always have to be about fraud, but instead making sure the proper expectations are set to make sure every vote is valued. We shouldn't have to have judges deciding to keep polling places open extra hours. We shouldn't have to worry about ballots being in the trunk of some election worker. We shouldn't have to worry about people voting who never registered, or who show up at the wrong precinct. Mishandling votes is just as dangerous as fraud.

Yes. It was necessary because there was no framework around drop boxes previously. Those were an emergency measure because of the pandemic. There was also confusion around terms like 'business hours'. It doesn't always have to be about fraud, but instead making sure the proper expectations are set to make sure every vote is valued. We shouldn't have to have judges deciding to keep polling places open extra hours. We shouldn't have to worry about ballots being in the trunk of some election worker. We shouldn't have to worry about people voting who never registered, or who show up at the wrong precinct. Mishandling votes is just as dangerous as fraud.
How about the water part. Since that is the main point of discussion, I figured you would address that.

How about the water part. Since that is the main point of discussion, I figured you would address that.
I posted on here about the water when the bill first came out. I didn't really understand that part of it, but it's about an outsider bringing water into the polling place. Seems that water isn't prohibited, and polling places will provide water as needed. Is that really a concern for you? Are you worried that provision will prevent minorities from voting?

Yeah…just like that. Fearmongering. You think things are so different now and that we are so enlightened and that things could never have been worse and the only possible thing to happen next is the end of democracy.

Well, that’s what they said about Nixon, that’s what they said about Reagan, that’s what they said about Bush and Cheney and you’re all still singing the same song with nothing to show for it. The kids who cried wolf.

The shame of it is that one of these times you might be correct, but you’ve been wrong so often up to this point that you get tuned out. No one cares what you’re crying about.

So, when you and Biden and the Dems say “the georgia law is the end of democracy”, and turnout increases, you still press on as if you’re not completely full of shit and not 100% wrong with every prediction.

Try getting one right first. Then we might care about your flailing around.
Lol. You've got so much wrong here I don't even know where to begin. When did Nixon plan a coup? When did Reagan plot a coup? When did the Bush's do it? I've said so many times that I didn't think any of this crap was possible in my country before 2 years ago. Stop making stuff up. Nobody flails around on this site more than you do, so that was pretty funny. I know you try for the laughs so I want you to know you got one with that.

I guess you really are blind to the differences between today and the other eras you mentioned. You don't see the difference. You don't see, though it gets told to you by ACTUAL REPUBLICANS, that we are under attack from within. You just keep your head in the sand, and the ONE era I realized this was happening, and turn out to be right, I'll let you know.

And you will flail...because you can't admit to being wrong about anything.

Lol. You've got so much wrong here I don't even know where to begin. When did Nixon plan a coup? When did Reagan plot a coup? When did the Bush's do it? I've said so many times that I didn't think any of this crap was possible in my country before 2 years ago. Stop making stuff up. Nobody flails around on this site more than you do, so that was pretty funny. I know you try for the laughs so I want you to know you got one with that.

I guess you really are blind to the differences between today and the other eras you mentioned. You don't see the difference. You don't see, though it gets told to you by ACTUAL REPUBLICANS, that we are under attack from within. You just keep your head in the sand, and the ONE era I realized this was happening, and turn out to be right, I'll let you know.

Still on that January 6 thing to try and find a way to say the Georgia Voting Law is Jim Crowe on steroids?

The fearmongering over the law has been disproven. You were wrong. You are still wrong.

And yet, the Georgia election laws still aren’t anything nearly as bad as Jim Crow. Of course, if I said something as stupid as that, I’d deflect from it every chance I got as well.

And yet, the Georgia election laws still aren’t anything nearly as bad as Jim Crow. Of course, if I said something as stupid as that, I’d deflect from it every chance I got as well.
I think black people in Georgia mostly disagree with you so there's that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT