ADVERTISEMENT

Football for a change..

DodgerHawki

HR Legend
Nov 19, 2002
Assuming that Iowa lines up to play on Oct. 24, who do folks think will start? My thoughts.

LT - A. Jackson
LG - K. Schott
C - T. Linderbaum
RG - M. Kallenberger
RT - Coy Cronk
WR - ISM, Smith, Tracy, Ragaini
RB - Goodson
TE - Laporta
QB - Petras

I know that's 12 starters, but throw in a FB on some down and the second TE on others that's who's playing on offense. Second TE is likely Beyer. Other OL who could rotate in Britt and Ince or Banwart. RB's who also play big snaps could be IKM and Sargent.

Defense

DE - Gholston. Other end is Evans, Van Valkenborg or Waggoner. Or
DT - Nixon and Austin Schulte. Logan Lee plays a lot, as does Noah Shannon. A newcomer could splash at either position.
LB - Nieman and Cobert.
Cash - Belton
Corner - Hankins and Brents
SS - Meriweather
FS - Koerner

Others who play a lot include Moss, Jermari Harris, Terry Roberts. Jestin Jacobs too.

Flip Schott and Kallenberger, though Britt makes a serious push for either of those spots. Beyer and Miamen behind LaPorta.

Waggoner across from Golston. Evans isn't an every-down DE. Niemann at MLB, Colbert at WILL, Wade/Jacobs at OLB when we go 4-3. Moss at Cash or possibly for Brents, Belton at SS.

Reactions: UncannyNanny
Heck yes. Let's finally talk football on this board! Pumped to watch the hawks.

Excited to see Goodson after an off season of training. Sure seems he put in a lot of work back home

Reactions: Hawksofly101789
LB is interesting to me because Campbell and Jacobs could and should see some time. We might go to the 4-3 more often if we have better athletes at Outside backer to do it.

I’m sure Heflin will start at DT.
This. Good pickup Nanny! I'm sure that with all the chaos, most people have forgot about Heflin, and the De we brought in from NIU. I think the DE is going to redshirt though. I wonder if the play four games rule for redshirts will be in effect with this years 9 game schedule?....

This. Good pickup Nanny! I'm sure that with all the chaos, most people have forgot about Heflin, and the De we brought in from NIU. I think the DE is going to redshirt though. I wonder if the play four games rule for redshirts will be in effect with this years 9 game schedule?....
Yeah totally forgot about him. I would imagine he is in the rotation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT