ADVERTISEMENT

Fran yelling profanity at the refs after the game

Meh. The King Kong thing didn't bother me, I know Dolph didn't mean it in a racist why at all. And the Fran thing doesn't bother me either.

Shitty officiating is going to make competitive, high-strung coaches who have high-pressure jobs angry. Whoda thunk it? Hey officials, stop being so shitty. Please and thank you.

What's up Bocephus?

What's old is posters like you, kcgolfer and others that attack everything after each loss or close win. Let the season play out and than judge the team and coaches. They could make a sweet 16 run and make you look like an idiot. Or they could be 1 and done and your criticism will be warranted. Anyone mad at Fran for cussing out a ref is just looking for a reason to hate on him. We have had a great season which must kill some of you morans that trashed the whole program the last few months.

Cussing out officials looks good for a program? I never knew that was acceptable in today’s game.

My biggest beef w/Fran is the not making changes. Hell we could be 27-0 and I’d still be upset with our defense. We are one of the worst defensive teams every year. I get it offense is good, but when you have an off night, your defense has to be spot on to have a shot to win. Our defense has not changed in the last 5 years. We are near the bottom in the Big Ten every year in defense. Other teams went out and made changes and hired coaches to teach defense. Fran thinks doing the same thing over and over will produce different results! The guy is Insane.

Reactions: ChuckBarkley
Cussing out officials looks good for a program? I never knew that was acceptable in today’s game.

My biggest beef w/Fran is the not making changes. Hell we could be 27-0 and I’d still be upset with our defense. We are one of the worst defensive teams every year. I get it offense is good, but when you have an off night, your defense has to be spot on to have a shot to win. Our defense has not changed in the last 5 years. We are near the bottom in the Big Ten every year in defense. Other teams went out and made changes and hired coaches to teach defense. Fran thinks doing the same thing over and over will produce different results! The guy is Insane.

Are you serious? You didnt know it was acceptable? Coaches get caught cussing out officials on National TV every game. We all clearly saw OSU coach yell repeatedly " Thats two bullshit fouls on him." Fran did it in the tunnel.

Go read your own garbage Debbie.

I know what I wrote. It's more intelligent and insightful than anything you have to offer.

My happiness or state of mind is something you're assuming and can't be ascertained by what I wrote.

In short, you're a fuggin idiot, Jizzer.

Are you serious? You didnt know it was acceptable? Coaches get caught cussing out officials on National TV every game. We all clearly saw OSU coach yell repeatedly " Thats two bullshit fouls on him." Fran did it in the tunnel.

This is the part that drives me nuts about criticism of Fran's behavior. EVERY coach has outbursts and yells at officials. Watch an MSU game - Izzo is constantly harping at whichever official is nearby. Last week during i counted at least 5 occasions where Miller was standing ON THE COURT while the ball was in play nearby. That's supposed to be against the rules but it never gets called.

I'm not defending Fran. If this report is true and he cussed out the official in the tunnel (which we only know about the end of the conversation, we don't know all of what was said), he'll probably get fined and/or suspended.

It just annoys me that national media picks up on this like Fran is the only coach that harps on officials like that.

Reactions: ChuckBarkley
I know what I wrote. It's more intelligent and insightful than anything you have to offer.

My happiness or state of mind is something you're assuming and can't be ascertained by what I wrote.

In short, you're a fuggin idiot, Jizzer.
Says the whiny idiot, complaining about barely winning. If you were in a car wreck where everyone else died, would you complain about barely surviving too?

During the game okay, I get it. Everyone yells at the stripes.

After the game in the tunnel, no way! That’s makes a coach look like a lunatic! What good is it going to do? Except get in the game report and media will pick it up.

Reactions: tapemaster8
Do think “that’s a bullshit call” is a little different than calling the ref a “mother f’er” and a cheater ?

Bad officials do not ever seem to be held accountable. Coaches get fired if they do not win on a regular basis. But, bad officiating dictates many game's outcome. And the BIG administrators/ADs count their $'s in their safe little offices. The playing field seems a little tilted toward everyone in the food chain except the coaches.

Except for the coaches with clout (Izzo, K, Self, Williams, etc)

I find it amazing that nobody is questioning the ref accused of cheating.
everybody wants to look at Fran or Barta.
what about the ref?
was he cheating?
if Fran thinks so... then I think so, too.

During the game okay, I get it. Everyone yells at the stripes.

After the game in the tunnel, no way! That’s makes a coach look like a lunatic! What good is it going to do? Except get in the game report and media will pick it up.

So youll rather have it happen on national tv instead of in the tunnel?

First off, I don't blame the officials for the loss last night:
However, the officials gave a warning for Ohio State ref cussing at them in first half, but yet, that was a pretty quick technical on Fran for nothing noticeable on multiple replays.
The officials called more fouls on Iowa than Ohio State despite extremely physical defense.
Why was it not reviewed the Ohio State player throwing a shoulder into Connors head?
The last 4-5 games have all been officiated poorly against Iowa.

In the end, I'm perfectly fine with Fran ripping the officials a new one in the hallway. Better than on the court like he would have in previous years, but this garbage officiating has got to stop against Iowa on the road AND at home.

Agree with all of this. Most games Fran looks like the calm coach on the sidelines. Watch the Indiana game, their coach (Archie) was going nuts most of the game.

I think Fran finally had enough last night and wanted to send a message when the game was out of reach AND after the dang game! I'm with Fran on this one

JlBReDU.jpg

So, naturally, Jizzer was the next best username in line.

Smh. You're a genius.
Sadly, yes. I was in a hurry and only had a couple pumps in me. Now, lament in the fact that a man named Jizzer is being way more rational than you right now. Come back down here to the rest of us. There are many things to be upset about right now, Barta, Fran, or awful defense. Close wins is not one of them.

Yup, but we are bringing in a 6-9 175lb wing! The complete opposite of athletic wing. Joe T will help with the athleticism of the team and his ability to defend will help immensely!

With 13 scholarship players coming back next year Joe T will see no more then 5 to 10 minutes a game if he isn't not red shirted. Fran will play everyone and players like Bohannan, Wieskamp, Garza, Nunge, Pemsl, Moss, and Cook if he returns for his last year will get the majority of minutes. There won't be enough minutes for a freshman recruit even if he's from New York City...

How is this tolerated but King Kong is seen as offensive? Coach is supposed to be setting an example for the players, he is - its just a horrible one.

Really?????
Have you ever played organized sports.... Every coach I had "Good and Bad" swore like an angry CNN host when trump won the election..... Get off your high horse and live in the real world or volunteer at a 3 on 3 basketball tournament.

Sadly, yes. I was in a hurry and only had a couple pumps in me. Now, lament in the fact that a man named Jizzer is being way more rational than you right now. Come back down here to the rest of us. There are many things to be upset about right now, Barta, Fran, or awful defense. Close wins is not one of them.

Smh. I'm not upset.

I'm trying to not be rude here. I'm trying.

So youll rather have it happen on national tv instead of in the tunnel?

In the game it happens. Find me one coach who doesn’t yell at officials.

After the game is over. Makes a coach look like a lunatic. Sorry but as an official it makes the coach look really bad. Fran already has a bad rap with most officials and fan bases because of his over the top temper. This I’m sure is not gonna help. I hope he gets suspended at least 1 game for it.

The hope is that arguing with officials during the games gets you the next couple of debatable calls. Most good refs will let it go in one ear and out the other. However, arguing after the game ensures that ref won’t be giving you any debatable calls against for a long time.

Reactions: HaydenHawk8
The hope is that arguing with officials during the games gets you the next couple of debatable calls. Most good refs will let it go in one ear and out the other. However, arguing after the game ensures that ref won’t be giving you any debatable calls against for a long time.

This x 10000

If we see any of those officials in the future don’t expect any calls to go our way.

Yup, his outburst will be included in the game report. All officials and supervisors of officials see those reports. So if your expecting Iowa to get a close call down the stretch your dreaming.

Fran has to learn you can’t act like that. I get it Izzo/Coach K and others act like that. But those guys also have multiple championships and have been in their respective leagues for 20+ years. They also know when/when not to have an outburst! It’s knowing/understanding the situation.

Iowa get a close call at the end of a game?

Like Moss getting tackled on a last second shot? Similar to getting that call? Or Bohannon getting the call right before that? What ever will Iowa do without getting all of these calls going in their favor?

Really?????
Have you ever played organized sports.... Every coach I had "Good and Bad" swore like an angry CNN host when trump won the election..... Get off your high horse and live in the real world or volunteer at a 3 on 3 basketball tournament.
Will you acknowledge the difference between dropping Fbombs and actually calling the ref a mother f’er?

There is a huge difference between dropping some Fbombs while making your case and actually calling the ref an Fbomb.

The main point, they fricking won!
The beat Indiana twice during that time. Outside of Iowa the last 3 weeks, they beat MSU, beat Wisky, and lost on a last second tip to Purdue.
Outside of Iowa, Rutgers is 2-1 in their last 3 games. They beat Minnesota at home, and played @MSU to an 11 point game, where it was tied with 11 minutes left. The other teams are actually trying to win here.
My god we WON these games and you are upset. We WON!
Amen. Complaining because a team won in the last second is stupid.

This x 10000

If we see any of those officials in the future don’t expect any calls to go our way.

You're probably the type of ref who loves calling Ts for hanging on the rim. The gap between NBA refs and college refs is even bigger than the players & coaches gaps. College refs aren't component enough to cheat. They're too worried about blowing a whistle every 8 seconds to make sure there's no flow to the game.

Reactions: Herkey Ohio
Iowa get a close call at the end of a game?

Like Moss getting tackled on a last second shot? Similar to getting that call? Or Bohannon getting the call right before that? What ever will Iowa do without getting all of these calls going in their favor?

Paul Szelc was at both the Maryland & OSU games. But McJunkins was the ref who T'd up Fran. Connor was rightly given a T, you never show up an official. Fran I honestly do not know what he said, but it must of been the magic word.

Late game situations you rarely get a call unless you are proven winner and top 10 program. Rarely do you get a call in that situation. Its just a play it out and see unless someone gets absolutely mugged in the process.

Everyone complaining about the status of college basketball officiating. Quit your day job and sign up. Mind you these guys work 70-100 games in a season. They are usually gone for most of the months from Nov-March. They do make a lot of money, but they are also responsible for their own travel and lodging. You have to put up $$ in front to go to their camps and work summer league stuff as well. You will have to start small and work your way up, unless you know of someone in the business already. These guys study film while traveling and also have to do their "day jobs" on top of it. Some of these guys own their own businesses

It seems every year we get to late Feb and everyone starts complaining about the officiating. These guys are on their 50-60th game of the year, do you think their a little burned out. Also I saw last weekend where an official worked a 10pm start game out in Nevada and then flew and worked a 11am game in the midwest the next day. Pretty sure he wasn't quite rested from the night before, but what do I know. There is not a HUGE list of qualified candidates lining up to work. So I guess we have to just settle with what we have.

You're probably the type of ref who loves calling Ts for hanging on the rim. The gap between NBA refs and college refs is even bigger than the players & coaches gaps. College refs aren't component enough to cheat. They're too worried about blowing a whistle every 8 seconds to make sure there's no flow to the game.

Never T’d anyone up for hanging on the rim. Had to T a coach for having an incorrect line up. Also had toT up a kid for taunting (throat slash)!

If your so inclined go to the Iowa athletic association website and sign up. Become one and see how “easy it is”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT