ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to the B1G

Yes and it’s exactly what I said to do almost a year ago.
Which is?

I'm not going to dig up your old posts, so a condensed breakdown would be nice.

My thoughts are that one angle of attack should be that the ACC admitting Stanford, Cal, & SMU materially changes the conference. Basically, when FSU signed the GOR this is not what they signed up for.

Which is?

My thoughts are that one angle of attack should be that the ACC admitting Stanford, Cal, & SMU materially changes the conference. Basically, when FSU signed the GOR this is not what they signed up for.
That was discussed this morning.

Which is?

I resurrected the old Boo no FSU or Clemson thread that had my thoughts.

The ACC doesn’t have a SCIF!
WTF!

First time someone said that I’d encourage them to try and enforce it without submitting a copy in court and forget it existed.

I just can’t wrap my head around how this is a thing. How a state entity can have a binding multimillion dollar contract, and we don’t have a copy?

blow-mind-mind-blown.gif
That is crazy. You’d think it would be a violation of a couple laws.

So my question for those better connected or who are lawyers:

Does this set up a potential long settlement process that could stretch out for years?

My thoughts are this enables FSU to leave, paying no penalty or losing GOR until the dust settles. If so, I would think we could join another conference if offered, and both parties have worked the deal out.

Another observation, if the court somehow finds quickly in favor of FSU, the ACC is going to instantly fall apart and god willing most teams go BIG12 or BIG. This would be a huge loss for ESPN and perhaps us winning the war after losing the battle December 3rd. Make no mistake the ACC is a major money making product for them. They are paying way less for the product and network and still getting good ratings and revenue. Guarantee it has higher profit margin than a lot of their stuff. If all the good ACC teams go to BIG and BIG12 and ACC is gone, they are losing a huge broadcast product and we will quickly see just how valuable the ACC was since they are already in major financial distress…

Does this set up a potential long settlement process that could stretch out for years?

My thoughts are this enables FSU to leave, paying no penalty or losing GOR until the dust settles. If so, I would think we could join another conference if offered, and both parties have worked the deal out.
Typically, yes. I don’t know if the ACC could somehow get an injunction or restraining order to keep us in place while the litigation proceeds, but failing that I’d think we should be able to move on. Just a matter of damages if we’re ultimately unsuccessful.

Not a lawyer but from reading and listening to your former overlords at Warchant this is setting up a settlement. Thinking is the ACC and ESPN do not want this to enter a discovery phase and will reach a reduced settlement from the 500+ million.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT