ADVERTISEMENT

FSU to the B1G

So the ACC filed suit against us first, yesterday evening? Nice.

Assume they’re seeking declaratory judgment that the GOR is enforceable.

I’m saying none of those were wins against B1G teams.
Dude, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, PennState and Michigan State are not long-time members of the B1G? And I'll ask again, if FSU joined the B1G tomorrow, wouldn't every team listed be a member? (That's a yes or no question.)

GB91HqVWMAACOh0

41-7-1 all time vs B1G schools...

So the ACC filed suit against us first, yesterday evening? Nice.

Assume they’re seeking declaratory judgment that the GOR is enforceable.
They filed in state court. I believe we filed in federal. I don’t see a NC state court having jurisdiction over us and since this involves interstate commerce, I believe federal court is the proper venue.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
They filed in state court. I believe we filed in federal. I don’t see a NC state court having jurisdiction over us and since this involves interstate commerce, I believe federal court is the proper venue.

They're filing under some obscure "complex business" state law.

Again, be wary of the NC system. It's not like any other state in the South.

Dude, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, PennState and Michigan State are not long-time members of the B1G? And I'll ask again, if FSU joined the B1G tomorrow, wouldn't every team listed be a member? (That's a yes or no question.)
All I’m saying is you showed W/L of teams that are in (or will be) the B1G, but nearly 3/4 of them weren’t when they were even B1G programs.
That’s like Iowa claiming they’re 1-1 vs the SEC Texas Longhorns.

No, UCLA, USC, Washington, and Oregon are not members as of today nor tomorrow. (Hope it's okay to expand beyond a yes or no answer.)

This is amazing. The ACC fires the first shot and files suit the day before the BoT meeting. I mean, even if the ACC ends up "winning" this lawsuit and forces FSU to stay in the conference (by making it financially impossible to leave), what kind of an awkward relationship will this be for the next dozen years?

FSU is one step out the door, all that's left to decide is the details.

Once they are gone the ACC is done.

Reactions: runkpanole
All I’m saying is you showed W/L of teams that are in (or will be) the B1G, but nearly 3/4 of them weren’t when they were even B1G programs.

So if you only include games played while the opponent was in the Big? we're 9-2

I'm not sure how they can keep this under North Carolina jurisdiction.

Most likely, yesterday they inserted a page that says "Any legal action brought between the ACC and a member whose primary location is within 30 miles of the southern border of Georgia must be held in North Carolina state court.

It's not like we could prove it wasn't part of the original contract

Most likely, yesterday they inserted a page that says "Any legal action brought between the ACC and a member whose primary location is within 30 miles of the southern border of Georgia must be held in North Carolina state court.

It's not like we could prove it wasn't part of the original contract
Who would know?

If Iowa was joining the SEC, that would be accurate. You play teams. Not conferences.

Reactions: runkpanole
No, UCLA, USC, Washington, and Oregon are not members as of today nor tomorrow. (Hope it's okay to expand beyond a yes or no answer.)
Since the conversation is about the football schedule, if FSU joined the B1G today or tomorrow, those teams would be members when we begin competing, right?

Since the conversation is about the football schedule, if FSU joined the B1G today or tomorrow, those teams would be members when we begin competing, right?

Yes. Those are currently the teams that will be members of the Big Ten in football for 2024. Hope that helps answer your questions.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT