ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe Arnold Pan Ams

Very glad to have y'all here and part of the Hawk family.
chief you might have a little competition, you have been our best poster for a long time(always seem to cut through the bullcrap and get to the heart of the matter), but coach is right there with you. anyway i am proud to be part of helping mrs. coach go on this trip, most good men have a rock for a mother and i mean that in the best possible way.

I really have no clue why I'm answering this, but what the hell, right? I've always tried to live my life and be as transparent as possible so there are never any questions raised about my integrity or that of my family. A kind parent of Gabe's HS team (who manages the account) thought it would be nice to raise the amount to see if we could get enough raised for my wife to be able to go as well. For eight years she has always stayed at home when Gabe and I traveled abroad or out of the state because travel is expensive, and my pride doesn't allow he to look for support. My kid. My cost, right? Oddly, one of my HS teammates chastised me about this because he felt that it wasn't fair that he wasn't invited to be a part of Gabe's journey by supporting anyway he could. And since he is financially well off, he felt the best way he could help was by sharing the resources he has, and so he did. Because of the kindness of others, for the first time my wife will be making this incredible journey with us. To say she is excited is an understatement. When I told her she was going with, she actually cried, (and my wife isn't usually emotional like that, especially about wrestling stuff). I've stayed away from commenting in this forum for awhile because I've realized it's hard to be a part of a community when you are so deeply tied to the same. But when it comes to those things that directly are tied to my family, on a personal side, it's hard not to. Our family has developed a policy to not really comment on boards about family. We decided to do this when J'den beat Dake for his Olympic spot, then Taylor for his World team spot. We continued that policy when so many keyboard warriors blasted Gabe's decision to be a Hawkeye, then again when he was "washed up" after his junior year.

So yeah, I think that's it in a nutshell. I know, I know it's really not that glorious of a response, but hey, it's the truth. In two weeks my ENTIRE family will make our first trip TOGETHER with my son's high school coach to watch him compete internationally. We are so damn blessed to have so many people who believe in him and love him the way they do. There will always be those that don't, and question our actions and decisions. That's ok. I promise there is not a decision that is made that isn't thought through and prayed about. That's what my daddy expected out of me, a quite honestly, he's the only one I'm ever worried about pleasing. . . . #goHawks #itsjustwrestling
I hope your family can actually find some time to have some fun outside of wrestling while you are there. I know how hard it can be to actually make that happen on these type of trips.

Good luck and bring back the Gold!

chief you might have a little competition, you have been our best poster for a long time(always seem to cut through the bullcrap and get to the heart of the matter), but coach is right there with you. anyway i am proud to be part of helping mrs. coach go on this trip, most good men have a rock for a mother and i mean that in the best possible way.
Blasphemy! They are both solid posters, but we all know I am the best poster to ever grace this board!!

Now, if Coach were to post wife pics…🤣😉

Phil you don’t know sh*t about Tupac :)

Oops another derailed thread lol
You really went there? Come on man! I'm sure you guys have researched my family. If you have, you will know that my mom is white. Of course that would mean that I am HALF-White and not HALF-Stupid. How dare you questions my half-brotha side? "Don't know Tupac"? See if I was back home with my boyz, chillin at the crib, I'd fire something off like:

"Young black male, I try to effect by kicking the facts and stacking much mail. I'm packing a gat 'cause guys wanna jack and f*** going to jail"

And for those who are "ebonically challenged" a "gat" is in reference to a firearm, usually a pistol. Now the "gat" could also reference a rifle, but most often, lyrically speaking, the tern "spray" would also be included.

Bonus points of you know what 2Pac song those lyrics are from. . . . .

You really went there? Come on man! I'm sure you guys have researched my family. If you have, you will know that my mom is white. Of course that would mean that I am HALF-White and not HALF-Stupid. How dare you questions my half-brotha side? "Don't know Tupac"? See if I was back home with my boyz, chillin at the crib, I'd fire something off like:

"Young black male, I try to effect by kicking the facts and stacking much mail. I'm packing a gat 'cause guys wanna jack and f*** going to jail"

And for those who are "ebonically challenged" a "gat" is in reference to a firearm, usually a pistol. Now the "gat" could also reference a rifle, but most often, lyrically speaking, the tern "spray" would also be included.

You are fun

I prefer diligent, well spoken and insightful. But, I know those qualities aren’t for everyone…😉😇

Thanks for at least trying to put up with me!
i bet you still wear wrestling shoes, because you have made kicking a dead horse an artform.when i first found this place in 05 i was pretty hard on you. you took it well and explained the whats and whys of you posting here.i've come to appreciate your posts, except when you won't something die peacefully. now as much as i respect chief, coach and msu , the best poster on this forum is Mr.Brown

Be careful what you ask for…..
I was visiting one of my 3 best friends on the planet many years ago. Sitting in his living room and his wife "Liz" came in. They had been married probably 15 years.
Anyway , she sits down in a chair I guess she normally didn't sit in because evidently I was in hers.
Buddies name was John, nickname Wally, last name was Walford.
She sits down and says " why is this damned chair so uncomfortable?"
Wally, without missing a beat says" because you have 2 butts Liz." 🤣🤣
If I'd of had a beer I'd have spit it all over myself.
They divorced several years ago. 😂

* Not insinuating your wife isn't beautiful or has 2 butts @ao_coachphil . The way you phrased that though reminded me of that memory. Lol

Last edited:

Well now you're going to feel silly because Rod Stewart actually wrote those lyrics.

I believe that most of the age-level teams typically require atheletes to raise some(if not all) of the funds.

I know @smalls103 had paid a select Cadet's way to Worlds in years prior and it was a pretty big deal when it was announced that this year's Worlds was fully funded.

USA Wrestling website lists U20 Pan Ams as "partially funded".
Thank you. I actually attended --spectattor--the Pan Am Games years ago, so won't say where, except in the US. So .... I was thinking of them as a mini Olympics with multiple sports and did not know there were age groups. So are these Pan-AMs not the type of Pan Am games I was thinking about.?

Last edited:
Thank you. I actually attended --spectattor--the Pan Am Games years ago, so won't say where, except in the US. So .... I was thinking of them as a mini Olympics with multiple sports and did not know there were age groups. So are these Pan-AMs not the type of Pan Am games I was thinking about.?
These are the UWW Pan-Am championships.

God I love you

I really have no clue why I'm answering this, but what the hell, right? I've always tried to live my life and be as transparent as possible so there are never any questions raised about my integrity or that of my family. A kind parent of Gabe's HS team (who manages the account) thought it would be nice to raise the amount to see if we could get enough raised for my wife to be able to go as well. For eight years she has always stayed at home when Gabe and I traveled abroad or out of the state because travel is expensive, and my pride doesn't allow he to look for support. My kid. My cost, right? Oddly, one of my HS teammates chastised me about this because he felt that it wasn't fair that he wasn't invited to be a part of Gabe's journey by supporting anyway he could. And since he is financially well off, he felt the best way he could help was by sharing the resources he has, and so he did. Because of the kindness of others, for the first time my wife will be making this incredible journey with us. To say she is excited is an understatement. When I told her she was going with, she actually cried, (and my wife isn't usually emotional like that, especially about wrestling stuff). I've stayed away from commenting in this forum for awhile because I've realized it's hard to be a part of a community when you are so deeply tied to the same. But when it comes to those things that directly are tied to my family, on a personal side, it's hard not to. Our family has developed a policy to not really comment on boards about family. We decided to do this when J'den beat Dake for his Olympic spot, then Taylor for his World team spot. We continued that policy when so many keyboard warriors blasted Gabe's decision to be a Hawkeye, then again when he was "washed up" after his junior year.

So yeah, I think that's it in a nutshell. I know, I know it's really not that glorious of a response, but hey, it's the truth. In two weeks my ENTIRE family will make our first trip TOGETHER with my son's high school coach to watch him compete internationally. We are so damn blessed to have so many people who believe in him and love him the way they do. There will always be those that don't, and question our actions and decisions. That's ok. I promise there is not a decision that is made that isn't thought through and prayed about. That's what my daddy expected out of me, an quite honestly, he's the only one I'm ever worried about pleasing. . . . #goHawks #itsjustwrestling
While the answer is appreciated, you have absolutely no need to respond to random message board posters.

And you prolly have no need to treat coach like a snowflake. Lol
WTF are you talking about? At some point stop trying to pick fights with people. I simply said he had no need to justify anything he was doing to some random message board poster. Take a minute to try and understand what is being said.

Reactions: nearfall2
giphy.gif

But...... But I thought snowflakes were good. Except for the yellow snow-cones my brother used to make for me. Those always tasted funny. . . .

Best sense of humor dealing with the cesspool! You are a class act!

Reactions: JBJRFL
I’m sure he knew I was joking but you are right!
Wait a sec??? You were joking? I honestly thought you were some run-of-the-mill white guy that really didn’t truly understand the Afro-centric culture of hip hop (I only 1/2-way understand it myself). But that also means that I 1/2-way understand the Caucasian influence in my life which would explain my love for my favorite bands, Led Zepplin and Rush. Now, typically I would include Queen in this list however our current social climate demands that I omit them and rely on my conservative midwestern upbringing…. Geez, I really got to work on my oversharing with you people….

Wait a sec??? You were joking? I honestly thought you were some run-of-the-mill white guy that really didn’t truly understand the Afro-centric culture of hip hop (I only 1/2-way understand it myself). But that also means that I 1/2-way understand the Caucasian influence in my life which would explain my love for my favorite bands, Led Zepplin and Rush. Now, typically I would include Queen in this list however our current social climate demands that I omit them and rely on my conservative midwestern upbringing…. Geez, I really got to work on my oversharing with you people….
I really like your strategic use of "you people".

Man you are a great writer. And your son is the man!

Reactions: kkhawk
I really like your strategic use of "you people".
You caught that! I was throwing it for real. I was gonna use “y’all folk”, but didn’t want to really highlight the fact that I’ve spent the past 20+ years in the Deep South. That would just be unbecoming of me…

Reactions: el dub and JBJRFL
Man you are a great writer. And your son is the man!
Aww schucksy-darn. Well starting on the 4th I’ll be blogging daily about our adventures in Chile. I've been blogging our family wrestling trips since Rio with J'den. You are personally invited to following along the journey as well. If you're up to it, you can read our trips through France, Hungary and Croatia as well! Just don't be too critical of my writing. I'm very soft skinned. . . .

https://aocoachphil.wordpress.com/

Aww schucksy-darn. Well starting on the 4th I’ll be blogging daily about our adventures in Chile. I've been blogging our family wrestling trips since Rio with J'den. You are personally invited to following along the journey as well. If you're up to it, you can read our trips through France, Hungary and Croatia as well! Just don't be too critical of my writing. I'm very soft skinned. . . .

https://aocoachphil.wordpress.com/
Heck yeah sounds awesome! I recently started a landscaping business, so my schedule is kinda hit or miss, but would certainly love to follow what’s going on!

I can’t imagine a scenario in which I would be critical of your writing because I never took a journalism and/or writing class since my Freshman year in HS and therefore am not exactly an expert myself! Lol, but I like your writing style… I like writing styles in which a distinguishable “voice” can be easily picked up on… I’m more of a fan of blogger-type writers than I am the professional journalist types… A lot of those writers’ content just comes off as interchangeable with the others, IMO. When I read a “Phil” post, I can tell after a sentence or two that it’s you! Which is a great thing!

Will post your links on PinDox if you want?!

Having had a career in Law Enforcement I definitely have heard the term gat! But when you pop a cap in someone's a** with that gat you need to hold it sideways because not only is it so much more accurate that way but it certainly looks cooler :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT