ADVERTISEMENT

Get well plan for the Offense

fire the entire offensive staff, bring in the most brilliant mind right now in high school coaching, let him hire his assistants, tell kirk to stay out of the way

Reactions: QChawks
Start Labas against Ohio State. Nothing to lose……prove the naysayers wrong. Get him some PT and if he really isn’t ready, it will be obvious and you can put him back on the bench for the remainder of the season.

Start Labas against Ohio State. Nothing to lose……prove the naysayers wrong. Get him some PT and if he really isn’t ready, it will be obvious and you can put him back on the bench for the remainder of the season.
I actually don’t agree with this. No matter who Iowa’s qb is, they will look bad against Ohio State. If Padilla or Labas plays, when they don’t do well Kirk can say “See, I was right all along. Petra’s gives us our best chance to win.” And Petras will be back taking all the snaps.

I would wait until the Northwestern game to at least give Padilla/Labas a fighting chance.

Just start Petras and let the chips fall where they may. I would imagine we will be something like 40 point dogs so why not just throw caution to the wind and pass pass pass. Noway we will run on them. Short quick passes and maybe beat the spread.

This offensive staff deserves to go into the Horseshoe and face the consequences. Against my better judgement I’ll be sitting front row in the end zone for it. 🤦‍♂

Fire Brian, bring on an experienced P5 O coordinator.

Fire O line coach, bring in Marshall Yanda as O line coach.

Fire strength and conditioning coach and bring in a type A hard ass.
If we could somehow improve the offense from worst in the country to merely awful, probably still win the abysmal BIG West.

Fire Brian, bring on an experienced P5 O coordinator.

Fire O line coach, bring in Marshall Yanda as O line coach.

Fire strength and conditioning coach and bring in a type A hard ass.
Strength & Conditioning Coach is not a problem. Like the Yanda idea but that would be the call of the OC. Not sure Barnett is the problem either. The problem is KF. As far as I’m concerned he can stay the length of his contract and truly be the CEO of the program. Reaching here, but for that to happen he stays completely out of the OC hiring and allows a new OC full autonomy in running the offense. I guess it’s ok to dream.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT