ADVERTISEMENT

Girls left in dust as male-born transgender athletes take state track titles in five states

That's because she was on testosterone. Big difference.
What big difference? You just said that you had no problem with trans boys competing as boys. And instantly, because I'm actually up to date about this issue unlike you, I point out the trans wrestler story in Texas. Are you saying that Texas got it dead wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: HunkDronkey
Right? They're so worried about shit that doesn't matter, like healthcare and the economy. Trans women competing in high school races is right up there with those issues!!

And no, I don't it's fair that trans females compete against other females. I also don't think government should be involved in it either way. It should be up the local sports organizations to determine whether or not to allow it.

Again I said it might not be the biggest issue, but it's still an issue. And by now coming out firmly against it the Dems appear to be taking the side of biological males competing against biological women in "women's" sports.

Title IX wasn't left up to the local sports organizations but with this you are willing to punt. It's not a good look and quite frankly damages trans issues down the line outside of sports.

Season 1 Options GIF by The Roku Channel

For the third time, THE GIRL WAS TAKING TESTOSTERONE.

That is a performance enhancing drug.
Agreed. Which is why the absence of testosterone leads to less performance. Which is exactly what happens with trans girls and why they have no clear advantage over cis girls. You are so close to getting it. Just a little bit further!

• Haha
Again I said it might not be the biggest issue, but it's still an issue. And by now coming out firmly against it the Dems appear to be taking the side of biological males competing against biological women in "women's" sports.

Title IX wasn't left up to the local sports organizations but with this you are willing to punt. It's not a good look and quite frankly damages trans issues down the line outside of sports.
Totally disagree. Banning trans athletes, without proof they have an advantage, damages them way more than allowing them to compete.

Agreed. Which is why the absence of testosterone leads to less performance. Which is exactly what happens with trans girls and why they have no clear advantage over cis girls. You are so close to getting it. Just a little bit further!
I think it just proves we need a trans/transitioning division

Totally disagree. Banning trans athletes with proof they have an advantage damages them way more than allowing them to compete.

Oh come on! You ever see some of these people? You see Leah Thomas on a podium next to the women he defeated at note how much bigger hands and feet he has . . . how much bigger muscles he has? How much longer his arms are?

All that affects his ability to swim faster.

Oh come on! You ever see some of these people? You see Leah Thomas on a podium next to the women he defeated at note how much bigger hands and feet he has . . . how much bigger muscles he has? How much longer his arms are?

All that affects his ability to swim faster.
Ofc it gives her an advantage. You ever seen Usain Bolt. How big he is? How long his legs are? You just described athletics. That's a different discussion from trans athletes in general having an advantage

Then explain the mechanics of how this works? @HawkMachine has already agreed that it's not feasible in reality.
Make a trans division and let them play. Give them medals and trophies just like they do for boys and girls.
You said based on gender there is no athletic advantage so anyone who is transitioning or identifies as the sex they weren't born as are now allowed to compete in this division. Boom problem solved.

Make a trans division and let them play. Give them medals and trophies just like they do for boys and girls.
You said based on gender there is no athletic advantage so anyone who is transitioning or identifies as the sex they weren't born as are now allowed to compete in this division. Boom problem solved.
There is a very high likelihood there will only be one trans athlete in any given competition. How do they compete with no competitors?

Ofc it gives her an advantage. You ever seen Usain Bolt. How big he is? How long his legs are? You just described athletics. That's a different discussion from trans athletes in general having an advantage

Except that his male puberty got him that height size and muscular structure.

The idea of women's sports was to limit an athletic competition to people who had not gone through male puberty.

Reactions: Chuck C
There is a very high likelihood there will only be one trans athlete in any given competition. How do they compete with no competitors?
or one in a thousand maybe. they should have thought of this before they went in for cheap fake on their body parts down there

This issue is nuanced and there are arguments for both sides, but we need to put this in perspective. There are 16 events in high school track meets. 16 events times 50 states equals 800 state champions. Out of the 800 girls state champions there were 5 transgender girls. That's less that 1%, it's .6%. Hardly the most pressing issue of our time.

• Haha
Reactions: MikeyHawk
What big difference? You just said that you had no problem with trans boys competing as boys. And instantly, because I'm actually up to date about this issue unlike you, I point out the trans wrestler story in Texas. Are you saying that Texas got it dead wrong?

A born female competing against a born female ON TESTOSTERONE is a big difference.

Huge actually.

Wrestling on test? That's pretty much cheating.

The comment I made earlier was assuming PED's are not involved.

This issue is nuanced and there are arguments for both sides, but we need to put this in perspective. There are 16 events in high school track meets. 16 events times 50 states equals 800 state champions. Out of the 800 girls state champions there were 5 transgender girls. That's less that 1%, it's .6%. Hardly the most pressing issue of our time.

Reminds me of AR-15s and gun reform. 🙂

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Should be 0%
I can guarantee you when a family watches their daughter finish 4th instead of medaling because she's competing against a boy they 100% think it's a big issue.

What's your point?

The 5 born females that got 2nd place should just deal with it? When they most likely trained for years?

Sorry girls, this only happens like .6% of the time. #EqualRights

If you polled women across the country and asked them if they'd be willing to trade a couple of losses on the athletic field for protections of reproductive freedom you'd find out what really matters in terms of women's rights.

Let's be honest here, everyone knows that the biggest reason conservatives want to keep bringing this up is because they keep getting their asses kicked because of their antiquated and oppressive positions on abortion and other reproductive issues that women really care about. This is simply an attempt to deflect attention from that weakness with the female electorate. The ONLY time 99.9% of the people even think about trans women in sports is when you bring it up. I guess that means we'll keep hearing about it for the next 5 months or so.

If you polled women across the country and asked them if they'd be willing to trade a couple of losses on the athletic field for protections of reproductive freedom you'd find out what really matters in terms of women's rights.

Let's be honest here, everyone knows that the biggest reason conservatives want to keep bringing this up is because they keep getting their asses kicked because of their antiquated and oppressive positions on abortion and other reproductive issues that women really care about. This is simply an attempt to deflect attention from that weakness with the female electorate. The ONLY time 99.9% of the people even think about trans women in sports is when you bring it up. I guess that means we'll keep hearing about it for the next 5 months or so.

Oh look, Huey Jr has entered the chat.

This isn't just a "conservative" topic, many from BOTH sides disagree with this. Way to make it political though.

Should be 0%
I can guarantee you when a family watches their daughter finish 4th instead of medaling because she's competing against a boy they 100% think it's a big issue.
Yup, high school sports get blown out of proportion by a lot of people.

• Wow
Let's get honest. The opposition to trans athletes is political not scientific. If you want to claim that trans athletes should be banned because of political or cultural reasons, have at it. But what you cannot claim is that it's because of scientific reasons. Because science can find no clear advantage.

Absurd.

Not serious.

Let's get honest. The opposition to trans athletes is political not scientific. If you want to claim that trans athletes should be banned because of political or cultural reasons, have at it. But what you cannot claim is that it's because of scientific reasons. Because science can find no clear advantage.

Ask Lloyd

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT