ADVERTISEMENT

Give DeJean a few offensive plays

Bryzzo

Team MVP
Aug 31, 2016
Cooper is a stud. Its time to run a few jet sweeps to him or a reverse pass. At least make the defense think about removing the 9th guy that will be in the box in these next few games. The kid was a great hi qb who has proven tobe elusive in the open field.....use the weapons you have...a foreign concept to the Iowa offense I know but it should be considered. Got to find ways to utilize Bruce and Cooper....they could help....do it!!

I agree he should get a few wildcat formations plays. But highly, highly doubt that would ever enter Ferentz (2) offensive genius minds.

207835.gif

Cooper is a stud. Its time to run a few jet sweeps to him or a reverse pass. At least make the defense think about removing the 9th guy that will be in the box in these next few games. The kid was a great hi qb who has proven tobe elusive in the open field.....use the weapons you have...a foreign concept to the Iowa offense I know but it should be considered. Got to find ways to utilize Bruce and Cooper....they could help....do it!!
What they really need to do is line him up on the edge and see if he can beat the DB one on one. Same with Castro. Both were QBs in HS now playing DB. They have skills and knowledge and with a depleted WR core could be a huge asset. Just let them get maybe 5 snaps a game each at WR and take some pressure off the offense. We are deeper at DB than we are at WR right now.

Also if we're going to line LaPorta up as a WR, then we should still consider bringing in Ostrenga to serve as a second TE alongside Lachey. Could be particularly strong running the outside zone stretch playes to the short side of the field.

I think you also let Kaleb Johnson get some WR reps since the RB room is deep and Johnson is a home run threat.

Add in X and Hall as db’s on the offensive side of the ball. I know it’s crazy to use guys like that, especially when you’ve got 85 on scholarship to use players that can help you score points.

He’s a dynamic playmaker. Would love to see him run some end arounds or a few plays at slot. Our offense needs any kind of jump start it can get.

Reactions: KYHWKY
Of course he should be running wildcat several times a game. It would be one of the easiest jump starts to the O they could give. There is essentially zero chance it will happen.

Reactions: KYHWKY
I find all of this suggested offensive use of CDJ highly unlikely. I feel like I’m hearing it from every EA Sports impresario on the board.

As a WR, who’s getting him the ball? Our use of the wildcat is also less than effective. Just because CDJ is a Swiss Army knife defensive & ST player does not guarantee similar success on the other side of the ball. I like him where he’s utilized now and would prefer to see him focus on that and continue to improve.

• Haha
Reactions: DewHawk
Looked a little like a young Christian McCaffrey on that return.
I actually drew the same comparison ….. the kid could actually play both ways and usually I’d scoff at that idea but watching that interception return was an eye opener

Have to remember though those were offensive players trying to tackle him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT