ADVERTISEMENT

Going on a limb here ISU

I'm not trolling. I'm just a truth teller. Its fun to discuss the Iowa/Iowa State game and banter with ther other fanbase a bit. I think Breece Hall, Charlie Kolar and Mike Rose will all be preseason 1st team All-Americans which means they are considered the best at their respective positions in the nation entering the season. I fully expect Linderbaum will be listed as well he is a stud.
When are the preseason All Americans announced?

Take Linderbaum off the list who is a sure fire draft pick (perhaps first rounder) and best center in college football and Iowa State is better across the board in comparable by position with that list you provided.

Goodson - Don't see him leaving early. NFL not knocking down the door for a 5'9 200 pound RB. Breece Hall best back in college football much better NFL prospect.

VanValkenburg - Really nice college defensive end. He's a great player. Where is he expected to be drafted? Currently Will McDonald is a better NFL prospect.

Xavior Williams - WHO?????

Riley Moss - That dude isn't getting drafted. Sorry.

Matt Hankins - Anthony Johnson is a similar prospect. I could see both being day 3 picks.

LaPorta - Kolar is a better NFL prospect and best returning TE in college football.

Campbell - No. He won't be drafted in '22. Mike Rose is arguably the best returning linebacker in college football.

Tyrone Tracy - You serious? No. Xavier Hutchinson 1st team All Big 12 has a better chance to be drafted.

All I know is if I ever see you I am going to clock you in the pie hole. I love how you rate our players when it comes to game time our players are WHIPPING your players all over the field like they don’t belong .. you can say what you want but this is true garbage you have spewed all over the Iowa board whos
Going to clean this up? YOU! I will remember who you are when the game rolls around and when the Hawks add another knot on your forehead and your team gets booed off the field at the end of the game

You dorks always come out talking so much shit by the end of the game you have your collective tails between your legs.. you definitely talk like a man with a paper asshole bro.. you don’t know shit about Iowa’s players and you probably don’t know SHIT about your own Grad Transfer U team.. have fun getting murdered by Oklahoma and Iowa and probably half the Big12 slate as your wet dream of a year is going to turn into a nightmare year… BOOOO!

All I know is if I ever see you I am going to clock you in the pie hole. I love how you rate our players when it comes to game time our players are WHIPPING your players all over the field like they don’t belong .. you can say what you want but this is true garbage you have spewed all over the Iowa board whos
Going to clean this up? YOU! I will remember who you are when the game rolls around and when the Hawks add another knot on your forehead and your team gets booed off the field at the end of the game

You dorks always come out talking so much shit by the end of the game you have your collective tails between your legs.. you definitely talk like a man with a paper asshole bro.. you don’t know shit about Iowa’s players and you probably don’t know SHIT about your own Grad Transfer U team.. have fun getting murdered by Oklahoma and Iowa and probably half the Big12 slate as your wet dream of a year is going to turn into a nightmare year… BOOOO!
This is the best time of the year for clown fans. They run their mouths and then when their delusions don’t come to pass as they expect they collectively say we knew it all along and Hawk fans must just move on from it. Just like last year at this time when clown fans were wetting themselves over their newest crop of basketball transfers and how the infusion of talent was going to get them back into the tournament. For some odd reason I can’t find a single post from clown fans saying they were going to go 2-22. Very perplexing if clown fans are as rational as they claim to be.

I’m sure one of CyTwins minions will tell us how it really is. When they aren’t obsessing about big bro Iowa on cryclown fanatic they are obsessing over big bro here.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
BTW - was it you HIC that put a “hit” on Twins? That is what he says multiple times a week that you did it. And it sounds weird. I don’t propose a “hit” but nobody including real Clones and his own kids would miss him at all. Only drunk Williams needing posts would miss him. But again before Twins has 20k posts on my comment don’t want a hit on him. He can keep being him.
Seriously.....
200.gif

BTW - was it you HIC that put a “hit” on Twins? That is what he says multiple times a week that you did it. And it sounds weird. I don’t propose a “hit” but nobody including real Clones and his own kids would miss him at all. Only drunk Williams needing posts would miss him. But again before Twins has 20k posts on my comment don’t want a hit on him. He can keep being him.
You might be the strangest person on the internet.

For the record, Hall is a junior academically but could have three years eligibility remaining.

This thread just gets wackier by the day. You guys are actually arguing about who is going to be drafted two seasons from now, as if it had any relevance to anything.
Yeah, I knew all of that, just erred on the "Senior" line. Just like TL, I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion he's gone after this year.

I was simply asking if you were the one he referred to. I don’t wish ill will on anyone.
JFC I meant cyclone fans wouldn’t miss his idiotic posts and kids wouldn’t miss him since he chooses the Hawks over the spending time with them so they would not “miss”him. Called hyperbole and surely would not want anything bad to happen to anyone including him.

This is the best time of the year for clown fans. They run their mouths and then when their delusions don’t come to pass as they expect they collectively say we knew it all along and Hawk fans must just move on from it. Just like last year at this time when clown fans were wetting themselves over their newest crop of basketball transfers and how the infusion of talent was going to get them back into the tournament. For some odd reason I can’t find a single post from clown fans saying they were going to go 2-22. Very perplexing if clown fans are as rational as they claim to be.

I’m sure one of CyTwins minions will tell us how it really is. When they aren’t obsessing about big bro Iowa on cryclown fanatic they are obsessing over big bro here.

Things you know you will see in 95% of HerkyFan's posts.
*Cryclown Fanatic
* Cytwins and his minions
* Little Brother
* Clowns
* Must we ignore

tenor.gif

JFC I meant cyclone fans wouldn’t miss his idiotic posts and kids wouldn’t miss him since he chooses the Hawks over the spending time with them so they would not “miss”him. Called hyperbole and surely would not want anything bad to happen to anyone including him.
Do you post about anything other than CyTwins and the Cyclones?

What a dumb post.

*now patiently waiting for you to respond with all the times Twins called your house and swore at your kids*

What a dumb post.

*now patiently waiting for you to respond with all the times Twins called your house and swore at your kids*
I think I clarified it pretty clearly. And why would I post the calling of the house when last week somebody over there actually posted a portion of my personal bio from my law firm website? I love how people take shots at me but do query how you would feel if your name, address, personal, family and professional info was posted on that website by anonymous people. Leave aside the phone calls.

I think I clarified it pretty clearly. And why would I post the calling of the house when last week somebody over there actually posted a portion of my personal bio from my law firm website? I love how people take shots at me but do query how you would feel if your name, address, personal, family and professional info was posted on that website by anonymous people. Leave aside the phone calls.
If your fandom and internet persona is affecting your real life this much, maybe you should consider revaluating your time spent on spent on said interwebz. That being said, your post was totally out of line. If what you say is true about them don't stoop to their level.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Twins - since I know you are reading this. I apologize sincerely if the message read I wanted something to happen to you and your kids wouldn’t miss you. You and I are fathers and we may not exchange Christmas cards but surely don’t wish ill will on you at all. I was referencing the time you said you followed the Hawks game on twitter while watching a movie with your kids so you chose the Hawks over your kids which is why they wouldn’t miss you. It was a weak troll by me. I am being heart attack serious, I know you care about your kids, was simply referencing your “obsession” with Iowa as a troll. But I do apologize for how that was taken. Really uncool by me. I am truly sorry if it came across that your kids wouldn’t miss you if you were 6 feet under. Like I said, a weak troll by me. Anyway, have a good weekend.

Brad

If your fandom and internet persona is affecting your real life this much, maybe you should consider revaluating your time spent on spent on said interwebz. That being said, your post was totally out of line. If what you say is true about them don't stoop to their level.
Totally fair. And where do you get all these gifs? They are not only funny but spot on.

Brandon and CyTwins fully encapsulate what it is to represent the isu fan base.
As gesture of harmony between rival fan bases let me offer this as an olive branch of peace to you HerkyFan, your reply above was much too short and civil, perhaps it was too early in the morning for you to really be insprired so as a token of friendship let me take some of the burden off of you. "Just go over to Cryclown fanatic and check out the delusional crying clown fans, little brother syndrome is unbelievable. All clown fans are pathetic losers and wait for marching orders from CyTwins and his minions. Losers!"

As gesture of harmony between rival fan bases let me offer this as an olive branch of peace to you HerkyFan, your reply above was much too short and civil, perhaps it was too early in the morning for you to really be insprired so as a token of friendship let me take some of the burden off of you. "Just go over to Cryclown fanatic and check out the delusional crying clown fans, little brother syndrome is unbelievable. All clown fans are pathetic losers and wait for marching orders from CyTwins and his minions. Losers!"
I am as happy as you are that CyTwins and Brandon show the world what it is to be an isu fan. Long live them both and the website they dominate. Do you suggest that I take up tweeting at isu recruits and families showing them just how isu rolls? Naw, no reason to stoop to the level of isu fans with Iowa recruits.

Last edited:
Thank god you don't encapsulate the Iowa fan base.
You are right no Hawk fan I know has 80,000 posts obsessing about a rival like CyTwins. I also don’t know of any Iowa fans that tweet at isu recruits like he does with Iowa recruits and families but hey just roll with him and his minions. It’s all good.

Last edited:
Thank god you don't encapsulate the Iowa fan base.
Cyd - I assume you read my posts. Unfortunately the way they read came off totally wrong. And that is 100 percent on me. I did apologize to Twins as that is not what I meant. Hell even attached my name which most people know anyway. But that was really wrong to not think how the back to back posts would read. Have a good weekend.

To keep the olive branch of Twins wants to call on a burner I would be more than happy to apologize. I can see how it was put together and I was wrong. I can admit it.

So like a Breece Hall or Will McDonald for example? Both expected to leave early and both have been mocked as potential 1st round picks. Is that what you are referring to?
Can you show me one mock draft that has McDonald as a 1st rd pick?

Iowa with potentially 8 draft picks huh? Can you list them for me?

Iowa State should likely have at a minimum 5 with Hall, McDonald, Kolar, Rose, Purdy. Potentially more with Hutchinson, Newell, Johnson, Uwazurike, Allen, Vance, Eisworth and Young

this is exactly why it’s all or nothing for isu next year and why Campbell wasn’t going anywhere until after this season. Hall no way he comes back for Sr as rbs window is more limited in the pros. But if they lose this year might as well make make it 7 in a row because come 22’ isu will be breaking in a lot of first time starters when they come to kinnick with Iowa returning a fair share of its talent especially if Goodson is still there.

And maybe Campbell doesn’t leave but he is smart enough to know what he has this year and can be picky job wise this season or next for window of time frame where his stock is going to be as high as it is. but for those who argue it will always be look at KF who was hot pro commodity and stock as high as it was after 04’ and just took 2-3 season with an avg 05’ and disappointing 06-07’ season to change that narrative.

Solid points.
Wisconsin is above their rival in their state. Platteville may argue.
Feel free to argue that Iowa isn’t above ISU. National Championship (s), nope
Heisman Trophy, nope
Any outright conference championship, nope
Head to head, nope
Top 10 finishes, nope
Top 25 finishes, nope
All Americans, nopeIt
Shared conference championships, nope
Draft picks, nope
The tide may be turning but it hasn’t yet. I appreciate your support for your team.

You can call that logic or you can call it fact. Either way it’s not really debatable. Do I wish the B1G had less teams and a round robin? Sure. What it doesn’t change are the facts of the matter. Enjoy the sunshine, it doesn’t shine on the same dogs rump. I hope it stays for awhile in Ames, makes things more enjoyable to discuss.
It may not be recognized by the Big 12 as a regular season championship, but that's exactly what it was in 2020 sans the trophy. When you play everybody in the conference and end up with the best record, that is an achievement that Iowa has not had since 1985 when Iowa won it's last outright championship. And even in 1985 the Big Ten did not have a round robin (although not playing Indiana wouldn't have likely mattered).

Iowa State had four All-Americans last year.

I grew up in an era of two decades of futility for Iowa football. Iowa State was never that bad for that long. And before you blast me too hard, I went to Iowa and attended all the Iowa home games when Hayden turned the program around. I was there for every home game during the last outright championship in 1985.

Last edited:
It may not be recognized by the Big 12 as a regular season championship, but that's exactly what it was in 2020 sans the trophy. When you play everybody in the conference and end up with the best record, that is an achievement that Iowa has not had since 1985 when Iowa won it's last outright championship. And even in 1985 the Big Ten did not have a round robin (although not playing Indiana wouldn't have likely mattered).

Iowa State had four All-American last year.

I grew up in an era of two decades of futility for Iowa football. Iowa State was never that bad for that long. And before you blast me too hard, I went to Iowa and attended all the Iowa home games when Hayden turned the program around. I was there for every home game during the last outright championship in 1985.
Why does Iowa only claim one national championship? Because the organization that determines whether they are official or not established the criteria. Heck they even have a trophy for the others. Claim it all you want. Now ISU is behind Iowa in national championships 5-0. Maybe Jamie can get a trophy made for it.

Returning, if only briefly, to the serious side.....A lot of ISU fans are hoping (and some are expecting) a return to the league title game and 10 or 11 regular season wins. If the team falls short of that, it will be a disappointment to those people.
Frankly, 9-3 for either Iowa or Iowa State is a good year in almost any year. Expectations being what they are for fans, though, I can see fans griping about 3 losses.

Still, being in a P5 conference, anything can happen. I won't be shocked if ISU loses 3 games, even if they are a very good team. I WILL be shocked with 5 losses.

Iowa State had four All-American last year.

Hate to break it to you shared or outright they all count the same. Funny how every other school besides Iowa also counts these shared titles too. Nebraska fans make this argument very so often and I ask them so when are you taking down the years for shared titles in their stadium? Oh wait minute they aren’t ever and not going to put any asterisk next to them anytime soon.

Not iowa’s fault isu hasn’t won one in over a 100 years and your commissioner Bowlsby set it up as to declare the only one true Big 12 champion as the winner of the title game. Decision made well before the 20’ season just like all the other Power 5 conferences amongst others. So with your logic Does Iowa get credit for being the only undefeated Big 10 team going into conf title game in 15’ too?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT