ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Kerkvliet

Per Willie on twitter, Kerkvliet is in the transfer portal...my guess is to follow snyder to psu
When did you see this? I'm looking at Willie's twitter page and don't see anything. nothing on the flo site either

That poor Nevills family. Or should I say the karma? Depends how you look at it. Recruited Nick over Haines. Nick loses job to Cassar. AJ comes in and now gets replaced. I would think AJ is talking to Fresno St right now.
No great wrestler actually wants to wrestle, what they really want is to ride the coattails of someone better and collect team titles! Carlos is a magician.

Unfortunately, for team title purposes, Kerkvliet will thrive at psu if he ends up there. He’s a better version of bo nickal coming out of high school. He was a year younger and way undersized versus steveson and took him to brink. His freestyle prowess is obviously more known. I don’t like it.

If he transfers to PSU, Tan Tom and Gene will go to the NCAA with this faster than you can say the word tampering. The only question is whether the NCAA cares.

Have not cared about a thing F*** st. has done yet!!! Guessing that will continue here.

If he transfers to PSU, Tan Tom and Gene will go to the NCAA with this faster than you can say the word tampering. The only question is whether the NCAA cares.
latest

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. By entering the transfer portal has he already asked for/ been granted permission to transfer?

I believe he's still under the NLI ban too... No one can recruit him until he's officially released. OSU could really screw with him and make this difficult if they chose to.

Is it bad that I kind of hope this happens?

Reactions: MVPFAN
Olympic Redshirt and then slide in after Cassar the year after next. No way Cael doesn't incentive Cassar to wrestle next year too.

Olympic Redshirt and then slide in after Cassar the year after next. No way Cael doesn't incentive Cassar to wrestle next year too.

Cassar was not a lock to come back this year. The year he hurt his shoulder he dropped out of school completely because of financial issues. The slush fund pays well, but not enough for Cassar not to go to UFC or MMA after this year. There is an 83% chance that this is his last year at PSU.

C'mon fellas.... let's not jump to any negative conclusions about PSU and their ability to attract and pay for top recruits.

I mean, their current team/recruits looks to be very low in cost - Joseph, Manville, Hall, Berge, N Lee, Brooks, Beard, Starocci, Howard and Bartlett - that's only 10 guys who were were in top 10 p4p.

Surely they must have a lot of extra $$$ lying around.

C'mon fellas.... let's not jump to any negative conclusions about PSU and their ability to attract and pay for top recruits.

I mean, their current team/recruits looks to be very low in cost - Joseph, Manville, Hall, Berge, N Lee, Brooks, Beard, Starocci, Howard and Bartlett - that's only 10 guys who were were in top 10 p4p.

you forgot Jarrod Verkleeren, Joe Lee, Brody Teske, Seth Nevills, etc.

Manville isn't costing then anything since he is dong the RTC thing. Nevills, and both Nick & Joe Lee came a year early and established residencey so that helps

Last edited:
If true, that is not a good sign. Someone from UM directed him to do that or he decided to disassociate himself with UM. Either way, the relationship is not good.
People said he was on the Gopher bench tonight.

Reactions: HIWILLE
You know the NCAA doesn't care. They have let them over recruit year after year and join the wrestling club and pay off hidden debts for years.
The NCAA has a lot of bigger problems than this right now and it won't be a blip on their radar...

Reactions: Mattski

A big fluffy beach towel will soak up those tears for you.
Just saying.

You know the NCAA doesn't care. They have let them over recruit year after year and join the wrestling club and pay off hidden debts for years.
The NCAA has a lot of bigger problems than this right now and it won't be a blip on their radar...
As a Huge Dan Gable Fan, not just for his awesome wrestling but his awesome ability to develop wrestlers. If I was a Father of a top notch recruit and had the Financial ability to do so, I would most certainly encourage my son to take a 1/2 scholarship to sign up with Gable than take a full scholarship from Lorenzo or Fritz of PSU. Wouldn't you? If the answer for you is YES, Why is it so hard to believe that a lot of what you are so sure is happening, is actually not happening and Cael is getting top guys for the reason I explain above??

P.S. Also how much less of a scholarship is joining the Gable era team dominance and f*** (because winning is f***) worth for you?

As a Huge Dan Gable Fan, not just for his awesome wrestling but his awesome ability to develop wrestlers. If I was a Father of a top notch recruit and had the Financial ability to do so, I would most certainly encourage my son to take a 1/2 scholarship to sign up with Gable than take a full scholarship from Lorenzo or Fritz of PSU. Wouldn't you? If the answer for you is YES, Why is it so hard to believe that a lot of what you are so sure is happening, is actually not happening and Cael is getting top guys for the reason I explain above??

P.S. Also how much less of a scholarship is joining the Gable era team dominance and f*** (because winning is f***) worth for you?

You guys should have learned by now not to waste your time with this bs.

Yea reality doesn't go very far in these discussions. There is a group of simple minded Iowa fans that cannot handle the fact Penn State's coaches have been better than Iowa's over the past decade so they rely on defense mechanisms to cope. A phycologist could write his PHD Thesis on these comments!

Been going on so long, it's now expected and I usually just laugh, especially when they go off the rails over someone that doesn't even end up going to PSU, heck they did it last time Kerk changed his mind.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/kerkvliet-reopens-recruiting.237659/

There you go, same clowns making the same comments. Note how by only the third post where the direction is headed and despite being completely wrong got 30 likes, LOL!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT