ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Kerkvliet

Yea reality doesn't go very far in these discussions. There is a group of simple minded Iowa fans that cannot handle the fact Penn State's coaches have been better than Iowa's over the past decade so they rely on defense mechanisms to cope. A phycologist could write his PHD Thesis on these comments!

Been going on so long, it's now expected and I usually just laugh, especially when they go off the rails over someone that doesn't even end up going to PSU, heck they did it last time Kerk changed his mind.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/kerkvliet-reopens-recruiting.237659/

There you go, same clowns making the same comments. Note how by only the third post where the direction is headed and despite being completely wrong got 30 likes, LOL!!!

The reality is Penn St's coaches have been better than Iowa's over the past decade in one respect.... recruiting.

That's a simple fact. When Cael didn't have a lineup of top 10 recruits at almost every weight - at ISU - he didn't have one team championship and never beat Iowa.

How PSU is able to attract so many top 10 recruits has been debated ad nauseum, and I'm not going to wade into that, other than to say there are reasons to believe the playing field isn't level.

btw, what is a "phycologist?" .... are you seeing one?

No rage here Dunk, I just tire of you and the rest of the Pedophile backers coming here and spouting off.

There will never be a time that giving it back to you smug clowns will ever be to much

There are no beatings in the shadows where I work, there are cameras everywhere in our facility.

Giving it back to us.....

.. I'm sorry someone hurt you along the way.

It will get better if you let. Try to let it.

I mean that because for the decade of pedophilia jokes it hasn't pushed anyone away except good insightful posters. A case could be made that those type -giving it back to us- comments have actually had a huge blow back and actually have caused more problems here on the HR.

Your not slow, you clearly have to see that, right?

Which leads me to believe the pedophilia comments are more about you, then this site, about psu, about wrestling.

So as I said above, I'm sorry you were hurt.

It will get better if you let it. Try to let it.

Spends U23 overseas with Carl and Cunningham and comes back in the portal. If he goes to PSU someone needs to investigate for recruiting violations.
New to the forum. Was
Spends U23 overseas with Carl and Cunningham and comes back in the portal. If he goes to PSU someone needs to investigate for recruiting violations.

My question is why did OSWRTC send Stieber as the coach for two heavy weights to U23 Worlds when they have Tervel Dlagnev who is an Olympic and World medalist at heavy weight and a seasoned international coach. Bad call from my perspective.

No bad on Stieber (I like Loggybear) but PSU had both Cael and Cody there for their squad. Not saying Kerkvliet is going to PSU but it is pretty bad when he is shown on Track working out with Nickal and not Singletary.

OSU severely missed the boat on this one regardless of the Snider move. Perhaps Kerk's transfer was known prior to them leaving for World's but you still have to give the best support to your athletes. If I was Kerk I would have wanted Trevel in my corner on that BS call that got him 5th and not Bronze.

Reactions: PSU James and Ski

I mean that because for the decade of pedophilia jokes it hasn't pushed anyone away except good insightful posters. A case could be made that those type -giving it back to us- comments have actually had a huge blow back and actually have caused more problems here on the HR.

Which leads me to believe the pedophilia comments are more about you, then this site, about psu, about wrestling.

Must hit a nerve if you took the time to write all that shit....wowza...lol. You dont have to be here at all. Your choice whiner....

New to the forum. Was

My question is why did OSWRTC send Stieber as the coach for two heavy weights to U23 Worlds when they have Tervel Dlagnev who is an Olympic and World medalist at heavy weight and a seasoned international coach. Bad call from my perspective.

No bad on Stieber (I like Loggybear) but PSU had both Cael and Cody there for their squad. Not saying Kerkvliet is going to PSU but it is pretty bad when he is shown on Track working out with Nickal and not Singletary.

OSU severely missed the boat on this one regardless of the Snider move. Perhaps Kerk's transfer was known prior to them leaving for World's but you still have to give the best support to your athletes. If I was Kerk I would have wanted Trevel in my corner on that BS call that got him 5th and not Bronze.
I think this says more about DK and family then tOSU and staff.

Dunk, dunk, dunk, you and yours are like cock roaches. Hard to get rid of.

I hate this internet thing, can't really express yourself accurately or get your point across like you can in person.

You type all the crap you do because you like to hear yourself talk. You think you are smart. I'll tell you this, I am classy and smart enough to stay away from places that I am not wanted. You are obviously too dumb to get it.

Guys like you thrive behind a keyboard, guys like me can and would say the things we say in person.

About the pedophilia thing, it says nothing about me. It happened at YOUR institution not mine.

you forgot to tell him that it is not his fault

Would Penn State? There is a point here, maybe you'll catch it, maybe not.
You know but just don't want to admit. Remove the Pa guys and you are outside the top ten. And yes we like Teske if he makes the lineup. Seems like a good dude.

Yea reality doesn't go very far in these discussions. There is a group of simple minded Iowa fans that cannot handle the fact Penn State's coaches have been better than Iowa's over the past decade so they rely on defense mechanisms to cope. A phycologist could write his PHD Thesis on these comments!

Been going on so long, it's now expected and I usually just laugh, especially when they go off the rails over someone that doesn't even end up going to PSU, heck they did it last time Kerk changed his mind.

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/kerkvliet-reopens-recruiting.237659/

There you go, same clowns making the same comments. Note how by only the third post where the direction is headed and despite being completely wrong got 30 likes, LOL!!!
My only question in all of this would be we have a track record of Cael's coaching from his Ia St days and he could not beat this staff there so he went ot PSU, the only difference there would be the proximity to recruits so what am I missing?
Why is this guy suddenly head and shoulders above coaches he could not beat before, and it is not like ISU is dogmeat in the wrestling world...

The reality is Penn St's coaches have been better than Iowa's over the past decade in one respect.... recruiting.

That's a simple fact. When Cael didn't have a lineup of top 10 recruits at almost every weight - at ISU - he didn't have one team championship and never beat Iowa.

How PSU is able to attract so many top 10 recruits has been debated ad nauseum, and I'm not going to wade into that, other than to say there are reasons to believe the playing field isn't level.

btw, what is a "phycologist?" .... are you seeing one?
I think it is someone who helps you when you are having trouble understanding how Physics affects you and he/she/they helps you understand why you get depressed everyone you have to deal with physics.

Reactions: rossel 33
You know but just don't want to admit. Remove the Pa guys and you are outside the top ten. And yes we like Teske if he makes the lineup. Seems like a good dude.
The point is Hall is from everywhere but Pennsylvania. Nickal is from Texas. RBY is from Arizona. Berge is from Minnesota. Do you notice a trend here yet?

You're on your own if you can't figure it out from there.

My only question in all of this would be we have a track record of Cael's coaching from his Ia St days and he could not beat this staff there so he went ot PSU, the only difference there would be the proximity to recruits so what am I missing?
Why is this guy suddenly head and shoulders above coaches he could not beat before, and it is not like ISU is dogmeat in the wrestling world...

I think the answer is fairly obvious. The Iowa program was a much bigger name with more resources, not to mention the legacy of Dan Gable, so he was at a big disadvantage at ISU. Also remember that Iowa was the beneficiary of gutting Virginia Tech back then. Still, he was able to finish top 5 all three years, win 3 conference titles, coach of the year and qualify all 30 wrestlers for nationals, all while in his 20s.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Cael evened the playing field with Iowa recruiting and resources wise when he went to Penn State and the rest is history. Any advantages he has now over Iowa, he earned. He's not riding the coattails of a legend, he is the legend. That's why top 10 recruits are lining up to wrestle for him and why donors are dumping money into the NLWC.

Last edited:
I think the answer is fairly obvious. The Iowa program was a much bigger name with more resources, not to mention the legacy of Dan Gable, so he was at a big disadvantage at ISU. Also remember that Iowa was the beneficiary of gutting Virginia Tech back then.

Still, he was able to finish top 5 all three years, win 3 conference titles, coach of the year and qualify all 30 wrestlers for nationals, all while in his 20s. Whether you want to admit it or not, Cael evened the playing field recruiting and resources wise when he went to Penn State and the rest is history. Any advantages he has now over Iowa, he earned. He's not riding the coattails of a legend, he is the legend. That's why top 10 recruits are lining up to wrestle for him and why donors are dumping money into the NLWC.
I couldn’t understand all of that. I think you have something in your mouth.

Reactions: moug and T8KUDWN
No, one Penn Sate booster blew everything out the water with a five million dollar donation to the NLWC and changed the landscape of college wrestling. Cael had nothing to do with that and that's the one of the main reasons he took the job.
And before I get bombarded bye the Penn State homers I'm actually one who thinks Cael is an amazing coach and gets the most out of his guys but to say he has earned everything is a joke.

Seems like an incomplete argument here. If TnT hadn't gotten a Kem or Young or Lee from Pennsylvania, would they not have recruited someone else at those weights?

Who were they in on? Would they have looked nationally? I don't know , do you? I feel confident that we would in fact still have a team but hey, those Pennsylvania kids are okay in my book too.

Reactions: 24 so far
I think the answer is fairly obvious. The Iowa program was a much bigger name with more resources, not to mention the legacy of Dan Gable, so he was at a big disadvantage at ISU. Also remember that Iowa was the beneficiary of gutting Virginia Tech back then. Still, he was able to finish top 5 all three years, win 3 conference titles, coach of the year and qualify all 30 wrestlers for nationals, all while in his 20s.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Cael evened the playing field with Iowa recruiting and resources wise when he went to Penn State and the rest is history. Any advantages he has now over Iowa, he earned. He's not riding the coattails of a legend, he is the legend. That's why top 10 recruits are lining up to wrestle for him and why donors are dumping money into the NLWC.

Just curious how the five million dollar donation played into things. 1 dude. Not donors. 1 big donor.

Did that donation even the playing field?

Cael didn't have that kinda money to play with while recruiting at ISU.

With new NCAA rule, athletes can profit off their likeness, donors could literally just give money to athletes.

Anyone know Spencer's Venmo?

No rage here Dunk, I just tire of you and the rest of the Pedophile backers coming here and spouting off.

There will never be a time that giving it back to you smug clowns will ever be to much

There are no beatings in the shadows where I work, there are cameras everywhere in our facility.
Prison?

Iowa has been leading the nation in attendance for how many years in a row? How about the fact that Iowa is the most posted about and talked about on Flo despite the title drought.Or you can ask a random sports fan about collegiate wrestling. I guarantee Iowa is the first team they think of

When talkinga bout fan attendance, you would be correct.

But, when you are talking about true historical dominace of the sport of college wrestling, Oklahoma State is the "Mecca" when you are talking about NCAA championships.

Why was I thinking Jody was born and raised in Western Pa??

Strittmatter won Division II titles at 118 lbs. in 1998 and 125 lbs. in 1999 before transferring to the University of Iowa where he was a two-time NCAA Division I All-American. He placed third in 2000 and was the National Runner-Up in 2001.Along with his All-American honors at Iowa, Strittmatter was a two-time Big Ten Champion and a member of the Hawkeyes’ NCAA National Championship Team in 2000.

One of these days the NCAA will level the playing field in wrestling.That's what happened to Neb. in football. It's hard to beat the $$$ in the PSWC....

One of these days the NCAA will level the playing field in wrestling.That's what happened to Neb. in football. It's hard to beat the $$$ in the PSWC....
NLWC. Oh, and it was the Japanese at Pearl Harbor, unless you ask Tony.

False narrative, Penn State won multiple national championships BEFORE that donation. Winning brought in the money, not the other way around.
False narrative, Penn State won multiple national championships BEFORE that donation. Winning brought in the money, not the other way around.

Yeah, I'll call BS on that, because I've spoken to the donor and that's not what happened. It was all about him recruiting Cael, giving money for the facility and providing a huge slush fund at Cael's request.......to augment Schollies. And that is all there is to that

Yeah, I'll call BS on that, because I've spoken to the donor and that's not what happened. It was all about him recruiting Cael, giving money for the facility and providing a huge slush fund at Cael's request.......to augment Schollies. And that is all there is to that
It’s pretty futile to argue with Bob, as he’s been in the belly of the beast and his info is directly from the source. I can understand the urge to deny and bury one’s head in the sand, however. Sometimes the truth is tough to accept.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT