ADVERTISEMENT

Had an emergency surgery

Good luck dude. Had emergency-ish surgery myself last week. Woke up with abdominal pain thinking it was simple diverticulitis flare up. I thought it was milder than my first time with diverticulitis because I didn't have a fever yet. ARNP at clinic didn't want to take chance just sending me home with antibiotics and sent me instead to hospital for CT. Perforated colon caught before any abscess developed. Had sigmoid colon resection and will be pooing in a bag until late Jan/early Feb. I was in hospital Monday until last Sunday because I spiked 101+ fevers both Thursday and Friday nights.

Good luck dude. Had emergency-ish surgery myself last week. Woke up with abdominal pain thinking it was simple diverticulitis flare up. I thought it was milder than my first time with diverticulitis because I didn't have a fever yet. ARNP at clinic didn't want to take chance just sending me home with antibiotics and sent me instead to hospital for CT. Perforated colon caught before any abscess developed. Had sigmoid colon resection and will be pooing in a bag until late Jan/early Feb. I was in hospital Monday until last Sunday because I spiked 101+ fevers both Thursday and Friday nights.
F’n A! I’m sorry man!

F’n A! I’m sorry man!
Be over soon enough. The food will be a bit frustrating. My ostomy is less user friendly than permanent ones but it's temporary. Big short term disability bucks this week then back to work next week where I'll have other stuff to think about.

The next week, I got a nastygram from IHG rewards BANNING ME from the program for creating more than one account. And they were nasty about it.
Strange... why would they even care? Wouldn't 2 accounts make it harder to earn rewards?

Would assume the screening ultrasound recommended for all men 65+ who are/were smokers. Typically CT angiogram needed to assess candidacy for EVAR.

Yeah....you'd find it on an US screening. I think some of them (if they enlarge enough) they can hear with a stethoscope; but not necessarily easy to pick up.

The post was like it was an "out of the blue" CT, and those aren't ordered up for random screening. All that unnecessary radiation exposure and all...

Would assume the screening ultrasound recommended for all men 65+ who are/were smokers. Typically CT angiogram needed to assess candidacy for EVAR.
It was checked every 6 months for 7-8 years with the sonogram until it grew into he mid 4s, then they used the CT scan. I'm 76 now. As you know they operate when it reaches 5 centimeters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT