ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeye Women’s BBall Season 2023-2024

Gut reaction without reading: yes barring a major injury.

After reading: I figured they would at least debate whether someone else could go #1 overall. The story headline is weird given that it's just a mock and that's it. LSU fans aren't going to like where Reese is projected.

Reactions: undersized_post
I apologize for not pouring thru all the posts, so this may have been addressed, but any salacious rumors on how Iowa stands with Greenway?

Man, if she could backfill Caitlin's spot.

Gut reaction without reading: yes barring a major injury.

After reading: I figured they would at least debate whether someone else could go #1 overall. The story headline is weird given that it's just a mock and that's it. LSU fans aren't going to like where Reese is projected.
Amazed that Reese is projected that high. At 6' 3" she will certainly not dominate in the post and she virtually has no outside shot. In fact, she made only one 3-pointer all of last year.

Reactions: jockos

4. OSU
5. Utah
6. Iowa
7. VA Tech
8. SC
9. TN
10. IU

Man did Bluder fumble by not grabbing a big in the portal. We fell all the way from 3 to 6 since the last iteration. DISASTER!!!

This season is gonna seriously suck, we’re just not athletic enough or tall enough. She really should have run O’Grady off or told Kate Martin to graduate. Aneesah Morrow or HVL would definitely have chosen us then, and we might still be ranked #3!

It’s just so glaringly obvious we’re gonna be so much worse than last year…

EDIT: SARCASM omg

Last edited by a moderator:

4. OSU
5. Utah
6. Iowa
7. VA Tech
8. SC
9. TN
10. IU

Man did Bluder fumble by not grabbing a big in the portal. We fell all the way from 3 to 6 since the last iteration. DISASTER!!!

This season is gonna seriously suck, we’re just not athletic enough or tall enough. She really should have run O’Grady off or told Kate Martin to graduate. Aneesah Morrow or HVL would definitely have chosen us then, and we might still be ranked #3!

It’s just so glaringly obvious we’re gonna be so much worse than last year…

EDIT: SARCASM omg
I expect us to be somewhat wobbly out of the gate....probably some head-scratching losses early.
March and beyond....another tough group.
Going to be another entertaining ride!

This is 🔥🔥🔥! Looks like Kylie is now back, and I know it’s only the first few days of practice and much of this is cherry picked, but so much fun to watch!

18 Games on BTN this year. Based on recent history, they expect it to come down to Ohio State and Iowa for the title in Carver Hawkeye on 3/3. ESPMN Gameday?

12/10 Iowa at Wisconsin
12/30 Minnesota at Iowa
1/2 Michigan State at Iowa
1/5 Iowa at Rutgers
1/10 Iowa at Purdue
1/13 Indiana at Iowa
1/16 Wisconsin at Iowa
1/21 Iowa at Ohio State
1/27 Nebraska at Iowa
1/31 Iowa at Northwestern
2/3 Iowa at Maryland
2/8 Penn State at Iowa
2/11 Iowa at Nebraska
2/15 Michigan at Iowa
2/22 Iowa at Indiana
2/25 Illinois at Iowa
2/28 Iowa at Minnesota
3/3 Ohio State at Iowa

Reactions: cyberhawk
Since ESPN doesn't have the right to broadcast Big Ten conference games anymore, it will be awkward for it to do a gameday in Carver. Maybe a CBS gameday? Does NBC have rights to basketball games? Perhaps it will fight against FOX and CBS for an Iowa WBB game.

CBS will continue to air Big Ten men's basketball regular-season and tournament games, and will add the league's women's basketball tournament championship for the first time. Peacock will carry up to 47 men's basketball games (32 conference games) and 30 women's basketball games (20 conference games) per season. Fox and FS1 will broadcast at least 45 men's basketball games per season, and Big Ten Network will broadcast at least 126 men's basketball games per season.

Iowa gets 8 games on Peacock (including the one also on NBC), Ohio State gets 7. I counted Indiana to have 7 games too, even though the article said 6. Only 3 for Maryland, 2 for Michigan and Purdue, 1 for Nebraska and Illinois. Michigan State, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Northwestern all have some games too. No games for Penn State or Rutgers.

I would suggest to keep an eye out for Peacock discounts. Last Black Friday they had a deal for 12 months for $1 a month. I don't know if it will change since I think they have more love sports than they did a year ago but there have been some really cheap promos in the past

I would suggest to keep an eye out for Peacock discounts. Last Black Friday they had a deal for 12 months for $1 a month. I don't know if it will change since I think they have more love sports than they did a year ago but there have been some really cheap promos in the past
They have a special plan up now for $39.99 a year or $3.33 a month - a $20 savings from their current cheapest plan.

Prepare yourselves people, the Iowa / Bluder bashing has begun already.

This is because of a comment taken out of context today. OP deleted the tweet when called out but haters ran with it. Tweets like the ones below aren’t going anywhere.

I expect more of this to come and unfortunately I am not surprised. Lots of SC fans giddy at this…

This is what I’m referring to when I say we have some obstacles to overcome in terms of reputation that may spill over into recruiting. And people were jumping all over Bluder before we even made the Final Four, so it’s not just that success breeds haters (tho that’s certainly part of it).

I also got a Reddit notification about the story but fortunately it looks like the mods removed it.

This is, by my count, the *fourth* time a clip of Bluder has gone viral (as much as a clip about NCAAW can go viral) bc people are foaming at the mouth for her to f*ck up and trying to create a false narrative about our program.

This is because of a comment taken out of context today. OP deleted the tweet when called out but haters ran with it. Tweets like the ones below aren’t going anywhere.

I expect more of this to come and unfortunately I am not surprised. Lots of SC fans giddy at this…

This is what I’m referring to when I say we have some obstacles to overcome in terms of reputation that may spill over into recruiting. And people were jumping all over Bluder before we even made the Final Four, so it’s not just that success breeds haters (tho that’s certainly part of it).

I also got a Reddit notification about the story but fortunately it looks like the mods removed it.

This is, by my count, the *fourth* time a clip of Bluder has gone viral (as much as a clip about NCAAW can go viral) bc people are foaming at the mouth for her to f*ck up and trying to create a false narrative about our program.
That WBB site is just another agenda driven cesspool where the hit-and-run “oh oops sorry” shit lives the good life to feed the brain dead masses.

If this lie circulates like the Clark/Reese drama I say explore possible legal action. People have a right to free speech but defamation should not be tolerated. Sometimes you gotta stand up to the bullies from the get go to keep the others at bay as well. Otherwise, I expect the jealousy of some fans/teams/coaches to continue to defame Bluder, Clark, and Iowa this year.

Not to mention a very clickbaity YouTube video that someone uploaded a few weeks ago with some very unfair statements about Bluder that was the first result when you searched for Caitlin Clark for a few days.

Just catching up. What a profoundly dumb controversy. Setting aside the out of context video, Caitlin Clark is one of the most pro-ready prospects ever. She is the overwhelming favorite to be the first overall pick in maybe the most loaded draft class in WNBA history. Yes there are aspects of Clark's game that could improve, but that's true of anyone.

Reactions: undersized_post
Just catching up. What a profoundly dumb controversy. Setting aside the out of context video, Caitlin Clark is one of the most pro-ready prospects ever. She is the overwhelming favorite to be the first overall pick in maybe the most loaded draft class in WNBA history. Yes there are aspects of Clark's game that could improve, but that's true of anyone.
Kirk Ferentz is legendary for taking 2nd class recruits and turning them into NFL-ready prospects.
But is that his job?
I'd take another 2 wins per year and have fewer alums make a career out of football.
Coach Bluder has nothing to apologize for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT