ADVERTISEMENT

****Hawks @ Gophers Game Thread****

This is the same shit we do every year, we collapse late season, we make dumb decisions and don't take care of the ball and don't guard the 3.

jQN4FNW.gif

It's like a football game out there. I can't believe what they're doing that wieskamp when he comes off a screen are almost tackled him on the out-of-bounds play. Horrible horrible refereeing both ways

Reactions: WERHWKI
We'll make the tournament but probably as a 10 or 11 seed.

you sure? The way Iowa is playing they could lose out. Not saying they will, but........ if they do, are they really a lock for the tourney?

When we drive into the lane we stop suddenly and look for help. Keep driving to the rim through contact and draw a foul. Oh wait- I forgot about the refs.
Well, we're doing a few things to kill our ability to drive......

-Trying to run through double teams instead of a jump-stop, not recognizing that the lane isn't there at that time.......

- Not kicking it out quick enough on drives and then reversing the basketball on those drives forcing teams to have to recognize and close out, switch and/or chase on defense.

Iowa does not make anyone chase on defense.

- Our other guys also have a tendency to f***ing stand and watch when we drive instead of sliding out of the way or into position for a kick out, which forces the defense to have to choose between help and staying with their guy.

There were a couple times when both Kreiner and Garza were on the block and we still tried to drive into lane, not looking at all to dump or kick it out.......why?

I mean, Garza AND Kreiner can recognize and move the f*** out of the way to clear the lane (which I alluded to earlier).......but our guards also have to recognize that there's no room to drive, and need to either pull up, or back out and direct traffic before looking to attack again.

But really it all comes back to standing around on offense and nobody committing to setting something up off the ball.

And ball reversals....but that's for another thread/post. :eek:

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I don't think thisnis a Fran fade. We are just completely injured and gassed.

Oh and playing on the road = auto loss.

The Fran Fade was not picking up any significant additions to the squad in Spring when Jbo had hip surgery, Cook move on, Moss and Dailey transferred out
If Garza doesn't turn himself in to best player in nation, this is a garbage team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT