ADVERTISEMENT

****Hawks @ Hoosiers Game Thread****

Fran loves zone. How can you beat a zone? Shoot over it, which teams have tremendous luck doing.
Every team shoots with zero fear against Iowa. That's all it is.

It's not because worse teams than Iowa simply scrap better and play better on the defensive end.

They just know if they shoot with confidence against Iowa, the shots will drop.

Our Big Ten opponents don't do this to this extent with ANY other team in the f***ing conference.

It's f***ing garbage.

Till is just plain bad. I believe Fran thinks he has another walk on sensation, when in reality the dude is out of his element. If you want Evelyn over Joe T good for you. I want a player that plays D, can score, and isn't afraid to shoot. Evelyn is none of the above.

Till is a walk on. Sometimes they work out like Baer, most often they are bench warmers. Injuries are a problem this year, but the roster was not fully loaded and that is on Fran because he's been losing nearly 2 players every spring last few years. Fran has not shown ability to bring in good Grad transfers or Juco or late qualifiers, so everytime he loses a guy, it is empty scholly for following season.

Reactions: dekhawk
It’s not just the shooting, it’s also the amount of those shots that get up from 2nd shots. If they would finish the possession with a rebound, things would improve
True. Curious how many 2nd chance points Iowa gave up in their losses compared to the wins.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Nice. 27 pts for an IU player that averages 8. Ans all 7 of his made shots are on 3's. That's the game folks, and the coaches inability to fix the D.

Garza - absolute beast as usual, what an effort!

Hope CJ is ok.

Wieskamp - too little, too late

Joe T - more turnovers than points is never a good stat line

Kriener - dude, step up! You're a senior! This is last call for basketball for you.

Connor - take some shots, preferably not prayers as the shot clock is expiring.

It’s a joke I can’t believe how bad it is. Honestly I want someone to go back and look if we have ever shot more free throws then the other team in the last 5 years I would bet wings we never did

I would take that bet. According to this set of stats https://hawkeyesports.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats Iowa has taken more free throw shots than their opponents this year (caveat that was likely before this game)

It is what it is .... we’ve been bad all season in conference play on the road. We will win 1 road game in the B1G. Tonight was our last best chance at a road win.

Are the coaches working with Joe T on his shooting during practice? We need him to develop a 3pt shot fast.

Every team shoots with zero fear against Iowa. That's all it is.

It's not because worse teams than Iowa simply scrap better and play better on the defensive end.

They just know if they shoot with confidence against Iowa, the shots will drop.

Our Big Ten opponents don't do this to this extent with ANY other team in the f***ing conference.

It's f***ing garbage.
It is because Iowa very rarely gets the other team to be uncomfortable in their offense. The few times a game they do make them uncomfortable, the other team does not shoot as well.

Till is just plain bad. I believe Fran thinks he has another walk on sensation, when in reality the dude is out of his element. If you want Evelyn over Joe T good for you. I want a player that plays D, can score, and isn't afraid to shoot. Evelyn is none of the above.

Hmmmm, well Joe T had 5 turnovers with 1 FG & 1 FT in 16 minutes, Evelyn wasn't much better but was definitely better tonight - 9 points, 1 less turnover in 11 more minutes. Joe T was a turnover machine tonight. Be honest.

Last I checked, a player only gets 5 fouls in a college basketball game. Kriener had 4 fouls. Dangerously close to fouling out. No doubt, Till is bad. Fran had to protect Kriener for a period of time.

You're offering no solutions for this game's player rotation - just complaints.

Reactions: TheRealHerky
College officiating is so ****ing bad. Throw your body into anyone’s chest and it’s a foul.

Worked for Aaron White. He ended up Iowa's second leading scorer and first in made free throws with I believe more attempts that anyone else in the conference in the prior 50 years.

It is what it is .... we’ve been bad all season in conference play on the road. We will win 1 road game in the B1G. Tonight was our last best chance at a road win.

778e294a406890bc49c93886dc2e5f2e.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT