ADVERTISEMENT

HELENE Set to Devastate Several Red States

I actually agree with you more than you think. There are folks out there who do a terrible job communicating data and they let political bias form their motivation. However--and again--just because the severity of any given problem isn't as imminent or obvious as some folks will try to claim, it doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Hypothetically, please humor me and concede for a minute that there IS a manmade macro effect to global climate patterns, but that it is MUCH more subtle than many think. For example, let's say the demise of earth is 500 years away instead of within the next decade or two as some claim. What is the appropriate response? Do nothing because we will figure it out later? Do nothing because it won't be our problem? If you genuinely believe (without simply letting political motivation drive your opinion) that there is zero effect and it is all BS, then that is fine. But it would be irresponsible--and frankly immoral--for those who have a genuine basis to believe human activity will result in the loss of property and life to not sound the alarm and push for reasonable mitigation practices based on available data. However, we live in a black and white mindset society, so "doom and gloom" and "no problem" are the loudest sides of the discussion.
Whoa, whoa - sound reasoning and properly formatted arguments aren't allowed here. Who let you in?

The global warming acolytes said this was going to be an historically bad hurricane season because of the superheated ocean and blah, blah, blah.

We're two weeks past the peak of hurricane season and we're only up to the letter "I"....
A Florida resident f'ing with karma.

Reactions: SI_NYC
Hahah what a bunch of losers, who does this shit. I can understand maybe - a yard sign or two, but carrying a flag around in public? LOL.

"It's not a cult"
Wait until you see the party those people throw on November 6

Mother Nature is doing her best to teach MAGAs about climate change. Unfortunately for the non-MAGAs in Helene's path, Mother Nature doesn't have subtle tools in her toolbox.
872d14f4e384f90822400099abd53afe.gif

Da
Mother Nature is doing her best to teach MAGAs about climate change. Unfortunately for the non-MAGAs in Helene's path, Mother Nature doesn't have subtle tools in her toolbox.

The storm surge, or rise in ocean water above normally dry land, could reach 15 to 20 feet in the Big Bend area, or just east and south of where landfall occurs. The National Hurricane Center is describing this surge as “catastrophic and deadly.” This zone could also see 10 to 12 inches of rain.

more here

Damn, all those 30 year old trailers, scattered to the wind. Thoughts and prayers.

I sure they won't need any federal aid afterwards either.

Well, this conversation went right over your head.
I guess I forgot to quote Soybean, see above. NY had their paws deep into the federal pocketbook it seems for Sandy recovery. Maybe you're just stressed from that special ed kid kicking your ass every day. Somehow my wife taught Special Ed for 35 years and apparently delt with it a lot better than you. Oh, I know she got bit once. The humanity...

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I guess I forgot to quote Soybean, see above. NY had their paws deep into the federal pocketbook it seems for Sandy recovery. Maybe you're just stressed from that special ed kid kicking your ass every day. Somehow my wife taught Special Ed for 35 years and apparently delt with it a lot better than you. Oh, I know she got bit once. The humanity...
The conversation STILL is over your head. You missed his point from the beginning. It’s there but I doubt you can see it.

I want to but I am so exhausted by the end of the week I just want to sit at home. It sounds like a great idea until 4:00 Friday. When I retire I will probably go to a lot of high school sports.
From August 29^^^^ regarding Friday HS football games...

After 3 months off the resident PE teacher is so damn exhausted after a week of school, he needs Friday night, Saturday and Sunday to recover. My wife could teach you a thing or two pussy...

I know the conversation, I really do. Who fought all the nuclear power plants? Who enacted the EPA? Who brags on Euro vacations, cruises, travel? Lip service and funneling tax money to Al Gore won't lower the temp 1 degree. Who bought those carbon credits?

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris

After 3 months off the resident PE teacher is so damn exhausted after a week of school, he needs Friday night, Saturday and Sunday to recover. My wife could teach you a thing or two pussy...

I know the conversation, I really do. Who fought all the nuclear power plants? Who enacted the EPA? Who brags on Euro vacations, cruises, travel? Lip service and funneling tax money to Al Gore won't lower the temp 1 degree. Who bought those carbon credits?
With all due respect, I doubt you could handle doing his job

We’re all wired differently, possessing different talents and abilities.

Sandy was 12 years ago. How many times has Florida had its paws deep into the federal pocketbook since then? If people just have to live on that beautiful ocean, maybe they should accept the consequences of that decision.

With all due respect, I doubt you could handle doing his job

We’re all wired differently, possessing different talents and abilities.
Maybe not but my wife did for 35 years. She never whined that we couldn't go out on a Friday night after week 1 of the new school year...
On the flip side could uncle Tom work concrete construction 50 hours a week, in Iowa weather for 45 years. I think we all know the answer to that...

I usually stay out of the Blue MAGA/Red MAGA pissing contests but it seems our resident lefties have been going off the rails as November approaches. See WWJW, TP, Hoosier, Lucas, et. al...

The storm surge, or rise in ocean water above normally dry land, could reach 15 to 20 feet in the Big Bend area, or just east and south of where landfall occurs. The National Hurricane Center is describing this surge as “catastrophic and deadly.” This zone could also see 10 to 12 inches of rain.

more here

Suddenly they all like govt handouts.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Idiot thinks that because a scientist overestimated the speed of the approaching climate disaster, therefore climate disaster is forever a hoax.
Ehrlich made a lot of money being a doomsday purveyor. Just about every “prediction” he made was based on growth estimates few scientists accepted.

more here

What a completely asshole stance. Not to mention petty, ignorant, and childish.

One of the coastal county sheriffs just tweeted for people who ignore the evacuation order to please put their name and DOB on their legs in marker so they can be easily identified when they are found dead.

You’re a dumbshit. You’re still missing it. PE teacher much more intelligent than you. That has to hurt. It shouldn’t but I know it does.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeyenuts66
Maybe not but my wife did for 35 years. She never whined that we couldn't go out on a Friday night after week 1 of the new school year...
On the flip side could uncle Tom work concrete construction 50 hours a week, in Iowa weather for 45 years. I think we all know the answer to that...

I usually stay out of the Blue MAGA/Red MAGA pissing contests but it seems our resident lefties have been going off the rails as November approaches. See WWJW, TP, Hoosier, Lucas, et. al...
Wait. You poured concrete?? Oh holy hell. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I hope Lil Ronnie has his white weather boots handy. He will soon be begging for federal aid despite not wanting it to ever go to blue states.
Do you practice stupid or is it a natural affliction?
Cheer up - you might grow out of it.

One of the coastal county sheriffs just tweeted for people who ignore the evacuation order to please put their name and DOB on their legs in marker so they can be easily identified when they are found dead.
Taylor County/Perry and he’s not wrong.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
Do you practice stupid or is it a natural affliction?
Cheer up - you might grow out of it.
You unfortunately never did grow out of it. And you got so tired of paying for your many bad decisions, you got dumber and angrier and now wonder why your life is so miserable.

Reactions: funksouljon
You unfortunately never did grow out of it. And you got so tired of paying for your many bad decisions, you got dumber and angrier and now wonder why your life is so miserable.
😂 I haven’t made many “bad” decisions and I have a great life.
🏆🎉

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT