ADVERTISEMENT

Here's a guy who loves him some Logan Jones

jonesy5960

HR Legend
Sep 6, 2012
And they're "gulp" Fuskers.

P.S. They also rank Colby as the second best guard in the conference. With 2 so highly thought of linemen, expect the Iowa oline to kill it this year, right? Right???

Last edited:
How much of the oline wows were due to BFs unimaginative scheme? Defenses knew what was coming. Hard to block in those situations.
BFs unimaginative coordinating certainly played a role but the linemen were consistently losing in one-on-one blocking situations. It’s been a mess on a macro scale.

Rooting hard for this Lester guy to turn things around. But if this experienced OL is still poor, I think Barnett is looking for a new gig elsewhere next January.

All I am sure about from last year is, we don’t have any linemen who are good at blocking two defenders at once.

Look forward to finding out if any linemen can handle blocking a single defender this year?

BFs unimaginative coordinating certainly played a role but the linemen were consistently losing in one-on-one blocking situations. It’s been a mess on a macro scale.

Rooting hard for this Lester guy to turn things around. But if this experienced OL is still poor, I think Barnett is looking for a new gig elsewhere next January.
I can't believe his boss doesn't keep a sharp(er) eye on his OL.

He equates offense to Covid but he did seem to be a pretty good OL coach.

Fact: Jones “has anchored Iowa’s [terrible] offensive line for 26 of the last 27 games.”

Also Fact: Logan Jones has not been very good while “anchoring” the offensive line.
And your expertise in evaluating center play is based on what ? It takes 5 good lineman to have a good offensive line. Two or even three good linemen isn't enough. We haven't had 5 good offensive linemen the past 3 seasons.

Reactions: Rocket_Fran
Imagine how good the line might be if the defense doesn't know the play.

KlCf.gif

Reactions: Metuo Accipiter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT