ADVERTISEMENT

Highly Rated Movies That You Think Are Overrated

The Shining was bad. I know Kubrick did scenery and colors or some artsy stuff but it was terrible.
So even if you didn't like the movie, the Stanley Hotel in which Stephen King got his inspiration for the book is a really cool place. If you're ever in Estes Park, consider a short stay or just stop by for a cocktail out on the veranda overlooking the shrub maze. They have a beautiful bar inside as well.

Reactions: Moral
One of the longest days of my life: Daughter and I watched the first two Lord of the Rings movies at home, then went and saw the third on in the theater. All on the same day. Brutal.

Daughter was happy tho.
Kill Me Now Neil Patrick Harris GIF

So even if you didn't like the movie, the Stanley Hotel in which Stephen King got his inspiration for the book is a really cool place. If you're ever in Estes Park, consider a short stay or just stop by for a cocktail out on the veranda overlooking the shrub maze. They have a beautiful bar inside as well.

I do want to go there sometime. I love The Shining book and Doctor Sleep too.

Reactions: jonesy5960
Blade Runner

Don't get me wrong. I think Blade Runner is a good movie. It's a thoughtful film with an immersive dystopian atmosphere. There are different cuts of the film that change the interpretation, and I've seen them all.

I just don't think it's the "Greatest Science Fiction Film of All Time."

Reactions: wausauhawk
Yeah that asshole would have eventually gotten an ass whuppin.
Wife took me to that for my birthday as I'm a drummer (big surprise). Some of the stuff was a little over the top (bloody hands, punching thru the drum head) but I've known guys like JK's character. I actually passed on a full ride to another school because the director was a similar kind of perfectionist prick. Who knows...I may have made it professionally had I followed through. Or I may have been beheaded by a chair!

I like this game better than seeing people trash movies I like, lol.

My desert island 5:

• Big Lebowski
  • Fargo
  • Caddyshack
  • Blade Runner
  • Goodfellas

Damn. You are set my friend. The only one I might switch out is Blade Runner.

But back to the topic at hand.

Any movie with Ben Stiller in it is over-rated.

Reactions: BonzoFury
A good friend of mine was friends with the late great Stuart Gordon(Re-animator, Honey I shrunk the kids). I got to have lunch with him & his wife. The thing I remember most was his absolute hatred of Forrest Gump. He went on a 10 minute rant. And this was 2007,
not like Forrest was a new phenomenon sweeping the cinemas.

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
A good friend of mine was friends with the late great Stuart Gordon(Re-animator, Honey I shrunk the kids). I got to have lunch with him & his wife. The thing I remember most was his absolute hatred of Forrest Gump. He went on a 10 minute rant. And this was 2007,
not like Forrest was a new phenomenon sweeping the cinemas.
It’s a pretty silly movie but it’s entertaining - and kind of a fun run through of major historical events from 1965-1990ish.

Reactions: wausauhawk
It’s a pretty silly movie but it’s entertaining - and kind of a fun run through of major historical events from 1965-1990ish.
I liked Forrest Gump fine, but I was ill equipped to argue his points as it had been 10 years since I'd watched it.

Born in 86. I had never heard of it until I moved to Iowa in 1st grade. All the kids in the neighborhood LOVED it, and told me it was amazing. Then we all watched it and I'm fairly certain I reached a new level of boredom during that movie.
Jesus Murphy, and here I thought we were friends. I’m a little mad, a little sad, but mostly just disappointed in you.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
I like this game better than seeing people trash movies I like, lol.

My desert island 5:

• Big Lebowski
  • Fargo
  • Caddyshack
  • Blade Runner
  • Goodfellas
Torbee we're hitting a lot of the same ones. I could easily dup your list but I'll try to find 5 more.

This is Spinal Tap
Planet of the Apes (the original and I'm marooned on an island, so....)
A Bronx Tale
Field of Dreams (ya gotta have something take you on an emotional ride and a sports movie)
The Outlaw Josey Wales

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT