ADVERTISEMENT

How is the economy right now?

On another note, with the current fighting in DC, the Estate Tax Exemption is set to roll back in 2025. For some the rollback to 5.49 million without a good plan (spouse can double that on Fed), it's not hard to reach over that amount and not really know it. That tax at your death would wipe out other gains.
Just flat-out tell me directly you have no idea what you're talking about. LOL's.

These guys are always rotating back to the Estate Tax and the family farmers blah blah blah.

people are only looking at gas and housing costs, and forgetting grocery and goods and repairs and insurance and taxes and so on.
How are wages and unemployment doing?

Reactions: RileyHawk
I remember gas was 98 cents a gallon in 1999.
LOL, 14 cents a gallon when I started driving in 1963.
Put $4.00 in and drive all week.
Was up to the summer home over the weekend ice fishing.
Dropped $84.00 on the way home to fill up the truck.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. A balanced portfolio (60/40) with no contributions being made from the end of 2021 until now would barely be breaking even as of Fridays close.
But Trump left office in January of 2021, not the end of 2021.

What is your point?
In post 15 TheWOP claimed his retirement accounts were now just past where they were when Trump left office. 2021 was generally a good year so not accounting for January to December 2021 skews the data significantly.

In post 15 TheWOP claimed his retirement accounts were now just past where they were when Trump left office. 2021 was generally a good year so not accounting for January to December 2021 skews the data significantly.

Which has nothing to do with my post or the one I was responding to.

If you go back and read the whole thread it absolutely does. TheWOP is the “He” who should have been doing better in the post you replied to.

I wasn’t responding to wop. I was responding to tenacious and using his timeframe. Learn to read.

Just flat-out tell me directly you have no idea what you're talking about. LOL's.

These guys are always rotating back to the Estate Tax and the family farmers blah blah blah.
Could you make some sense or is that too much to ask?

“For 2022, USDA, Economic Research Service (ERS) estimated 39,534 estates would result from principal operator deaths, and out of those, 0.77 percent—or 305 estates—would be required to file an estate tax return but would not owe estate tax. Another 0.22 percent of the 39,534 farm estates would be required to file an estate tax return and would owe estate tax. ”

That suggests that less than 100 farm estates will pay any federal estate tax each year nationwide. And if you only exceed the exemption by a million or two you’re looking at an effective rate of maybe 5% on a multi-million dollar estate.

So, no, it doesn’t happen more than I think. It appears to happen less than you think. And if someone has to pay $100k on a multi-million dollar inheritance I’m not shedding tears for them.
You need to read the description of a farm. Then you would understand. I'm not shedding tears either though. Given I'm a farm Mgr and worked in trust, you would be wrong.

“For 2022, USDA, Economic Research Service (ERS) estimated 39,534 estates would result from principal operator deaths, and out of those, 0.77 percent—or 305 estates—would be required to file an estate tax return but would not owe estate tax. Another 0.22 percent of the 39,534 farm estates would be required to file an estate tax return and would owe estate tax. ”

That suggests that less than 100 farm estates will pay any federal estate tax each year nationwide. And if you only exceed the exemption by a million or two you’re looking at an effective rate of maybe 5% on a multi-million dollar estate.

So, no, it doesn’t happen more than I think. It appears to happen less than you think. And if someone has to pay $100k on a multi-million dollar inheritance I’m not shedding tears for them.
One of the reasons land is so high is because of how much land can be exempted by an owner.

And again, if you go back and read Tenacious E’s post 35 and 53 you can see he was talking about the WOP. I can read, and I can also understand context. The latter seems to be something you are struggling with.

Oh ffs. I was responding to tenacious timeframe. Do you get that? I have no clue why he used end of 21, you should ask him. I also have no clue how wop is still down from when Biden took over. You can ask him.

Reactions: srams21
And again, if you go back and read Tenacious E’s post 35 and 53 you can see he was talking about the WOP. I can read, and I can also understand context. The latter seems to be something you are struggling with.

Oh ffs. I was responding to tenacious timeframe. Do you get that? I have no clue why he used end of 21, you should ask him. I also have no clue how wop is still down from when Biden took over. You can ask him.
ae7e5e78-50e5-4536-9d1e-c88ccc3c9857_text.gif

No insult - simple observation given your responses. You've demonstrated very clearly that you think you know what you're talking about, but you don't.
I think I've heard you say that before. Anyway, have a good day. My main point was that putting money into the market isn't always the priority regardless. Everyone's situation is different. Obvious you come here to insult rather than discuss. I get that. Enjoy the evening.

I think I've heard you say that before. Anyway, have a good day. My main point was that putting money into the market isn't always the priority regardless. Everyone's situation is different. Obvious you come here to insult rather than discuss. I get that. Enjoy the evening.
LOL - the priority in investing is to make money. The market is but one way to do that. Your example was a farce.

I don't come here to insult. I do enjoy calling out bullshit, like you have been spewing though.

Reactions: srams21
I get it know. It's been +2 weeks and 78 posts since you posted about sports and Brock Purdy at that. So posting off topic is your full time job?
*now.

WTF are you talking about? Those wine coolers must be settling in about now.

LOL - the priority in investing is to make money. The market is but one way to do that. Your example was a farce.

I don't come here to insult. I do enjoy calling out bullshit, like you have been spewing though.
Buying property is the way to really build wealth. You should read about critical thinking.

Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action. In its exemplary form, it is based on universal intellectual values that transcend subject matter divisions: clarity, accuracy, precision, consistency, relevance, sound evidence, good reasons, depth, breadth, and fairness.

Start with depth.

Buying property is the way to really build wealth. You should read about critical thinking.

Critical thinking is the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action. In its exemplary form, it is based on universal intellectual values that transcend subject matter divisions: clarity, accuracy, precision, consistency, relevance, sound evidence, good reasons, depth, breadth, and fairness.

Start with depth.
Wow - that's a lot of words to say "I have no idea what I'm talking about". Are you sure you aren't @seminole97? That's his MO.

He's a cybersecurity major and the position he's looking at is as an analyst at a security software/ consulting firm. It sounds like an excellent opportunity with a lot of room for growth.
There’s all kinds of growth just don’t work for the government unless you’ve got to. Once you get to top secret you might as well have candy underwear because they’ll be all over you.

It seems pretty good from where I'm standing and I'm a poor compared to the posters here with their 9 figure incomes.

What do you think about the current state of the economy?
From and overall perspective it is doing very well, good growth, inflation down a lot.

I think though that some prices really went up more than they should have and have not come back down, they never will come down probably, unless that bad R ecession thing happens.

Some gouging going on now and it has happened before.

Those people without a lot of money are having hardships.

Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT