ADVERTISEMENT

How many boosters are you willing to get?

I am not getting anymore unless the RNA coded within is for a new more serious variant not covered by the first iteration. And the fact is, that really wouldn’t be a booster.

Not that I’m a scientist but I assumed once the vaccines came out, it would be an annual flu-type shot. I assume I’ll get it once every year. Can’t see myself getting more than two per year unless I fall into some high risk category.
Maybe someone else has posted this, apologies since I havent read thru the entire thread, but in any case, the annual flu shot isn’t a booster, they actually change the virus coded within two match the dominant strains moving around the world each year Since that changes. So not the same at all.

In fact, the reason that some years the flu vaccine isn’t as effective is because when the scientists attempt to predict which strains will be the dominant strains come winter, they occasionally are wrong. The evaluate which strains are present in Asia and start manufacturing on this basis. And usually by the time it reaches us, they have vaccine manufactured. Read up on the topic. The process is quite interesting. But occasionally wrong.

Peoples' reactions are interesting to me. My mom is 75, my stepdad is 86... neither of them have had even the slightest side effects or discomfort with ANY of the three shots they've gotten (all Moderna).

I've not gotten the booster, as yet. I use N95 masks in public places again. I'm about as healthy as a person can be. I exercise daily. I eat very healthy. I'm not that concerned about getting it, or getting sick from it, let alone hospitalized. I don't go around many people, in person, either.

I never get flu shots. I've had influenza maybe twice in my life. One time it knocked me out... February 2008. I don't get sick very often. I don't get colds, or flu, or anything. If you take care of yourself, your body fares much better. I don't drink any alcohol, or smoke anything, or ingest any recreational drugs. Occasionally some CBD, but rarely.

18b334d08b5b9d434af4e4e18164e5769d46f22acfc6df876650dbfed1e3254c.png

Reactions: naturalbornhawk
I'm gonna get as many as big pharma says I need to right after I scarf down as many big macs as McDonald's would like me to eat 🙄

Peoples' reactions are interesting to me. My mom is 75, my stepdad is 86... neither of them have had even the slightest side effects or discomfort with ANY of the three shots they've gotten (all Moderna).

I've not gotten the booster, as yet. I use N95 masks in public places again. I'm about as healthy as a person can be. I exercise daily. I eat very healthy. I'm not that concerned about getting it, or getting sick from it, let alone hospitalized. I don't go around many people, in person, either.

I never get flu shots. I've had influenza maybe twice in my life. One time it knocked me out... February 2008. I don't get sick very often. I don't get colds, or flu, or anything. If you take care of yourself, your body fares much better. I don't drink any alcohol, or smoke anything, or ingest any recreational drugs. Occasionally some CBD, but rarely.

The downside to getting a booster is limited.

You should get one asap. Ask a couple doctors and they'll say the same.

Solid first post from the Russian bot. I wonder what finally tripped the algorithm.
Why is it always a Russian bot? You think the Russians are really wasting time, money, and effort to try and influence middle-aged, well-to-do white males who argue about sports? Russians are hardly concerned about the demographic that posts on boards like this.

Why is it always a Russian bot? You think the Russians are really wasting time, money, and effort to try and influence middle-aged, well-to-do white males who argue about sports? Russians are hardly concerned about the demographic that posts on boards like this.
Ok, Chinese bot?

I'll keep paying attention to the situation. Hospital status will play a factor. Efficacy with variants matters as well.
If the sickness of Covid is keeps diminishing, then the day of sickness due to the booster may not be worth it.

I won't be blindly following Fauci.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
Maybe someone else has posted this, apologies since I havent read thru the entire thread, but in any case, the annual flu shot isn’t a booster, they actually change the virus coded within two match the dominant strains moving around the world each year Since that changes. So not the same at all.

In fact, the reason that some years the flu vaccine isn’t as effective is because when the scientists attempt to predict which strains will be the dominant strains come winter, they occasionally are wrong. The evaluate which strains are present in Asia and start manufacturing on this basis. And usually by the time it reaches us, they have vaccine manufactured. Read up on the topic. The process is quite interesting. But occasionally wrong.
Yup. I got the flu in 2018 and the resulting pneumonia nearly killed me. They guessed wrong for the 2017-2018 season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT