ADVERTISEMENT

How often do you attend church?

Many of us feel that way. We'd rather sit in God's creation than with judgemental pricks
Sounds like someone has a chip on their shoulder about church. I'm guessing yours probably kicked you out after your dabblings with infidelity.

And it's beyond ironic when you call someone a "judgmental prick." It only took two words to make you a hypocrite.

Sounds like someone has a chip on their shoulder about church. I'm guessing yours probably kicked you out after your dabblings with infidelity.

And it's beyond ironic when you call someone a "judgmental prick." It only took two words to make you a hypocrite.
I wasn't judging anyone in particular, but when in church, on those rare occasions, I don't feel better than anyone else. I have friends in all strata of life. Mostly people are upset that I took a pro gay stance at a county convention

Never been kicked out of a church. My minister is a hunting buddy and great Christian

Much luck? I'm probably done with turkeys, but could use some morels

Just starting in earnest here. Going out at sunrise tomorrow. Public ground makes it tough. Hoping to do some private this wknd. Yellows are starting to pop here. Makes me feel like a kid on my birthday. How was turkey hunting? Had a couple of employees get nice birds.

Those are all really short sentences.

Never been kicked out of a church. My minister is a hunting buddy and great Christian
So you rarely, if ever, go to church? Yet
So you don't go to church, but you have a minister? Yes, that makes sense. Just curious-what does your "hunting buddy minister" think when you spend your whole hunting trip hammering out messages to people you've never met on HROT?

So you rarely, if ever, go to church? Yet

So you don't go to church, but you have a minister? Yes, that makes sense. Just curious-what does your "hunting buddy minister" think when you spend your whole hunting trip hammering out messages to people you've never met on HROT?
I have a friend who is a minister, Don't text much while Turkey hunting, deer hunting is different....we talk religion, politics, hunting etc. In a tree I get bored on occasion.

Church has taught me to be faithful to the mother of my child, and vice versa. So maybe NOT going to church isn't working out too well for Clarinda.
Obviously hasn't taught you humility, forgiveness, and not being a douche. I followed the king Solomon route

I have a friend who is a minister, Don't text much while Turkey hunting, deer hunting is different....we talk religion, politics, hunting etc. In a tree I get bored on occasion.
"my minister" isn't the same as "I have a friend who is a minister." Looks like honesty isn't in your wheelhouse either.

Besides, I was a regular attendee prior to my infidelity....which was over a decade ago.so I think I'm doing better by hanging with my own personal minister....smaller group for him to preach to, more one on one

How often do you and your wife have anal sex? How often are you the one taking it?

1761f2437cfa90a8d3798499cfc95300.jpg

Reactions: JWolf74
Bottom Line: On the day a person dies, God looks into
that person's heart to see if they had faith in Jesus Christ
as their personal Lord and Savior. Faith alone saves .

There is no extra credit for church attendance, hours in
prayer, or money given to the parish. Faith alone saves.

Hypothetical for ya Lute.

What if you were taken to a Muslim country shortly after birth and grew up with Islam? You would be a Muslim, think you have the correct religion and think Christianity was the false religion. When you meet your maker, you would not have Jesus in your heart.

Per your example, you would be sentenced to hell by the"loving" Christian God because your were not raised in a Christian part of the world.

I guess you won the religion birth lotto and God placed you in America? Dont you think your place of birth will dictate your religion?

I've asked this question to Christians many times. Most ignore the question and a few say a Christian missionary would come through their Muslim village and they would convert...lol

Last edited:
Mass every weekend unless traveling. I try to make at least one morning mass during the week before I make it to the office.

Church has taught me to be faithful to the mother of my child, and vice versa. So maybe NOT going to church isn't working out too well for Clarinda.
Did it really take religion and going to church for you to realize that cheating on the mother of your child was wrong?

News Flash: Church Attendance will not save anyone!

Christians will go to heaven because they had a faith in
Jesus Christ who died to forgive their sins and rose from
the grave to give them eternal life.

Bottom Line: I attend worship services at church each
Sunday to strengthen my faith in Christ and to fellowship
with other Christians in the community of faith.
Bingo

Just starting in earnest here. Going out at sunrise tomorrow. Public ground makes it tough. Hoping to do some private this wknd. Yellows are starting to pop here. Makes me feel like a kid on my birthday. How was turkey hunting? Had a couple of employees get nice birds.

Those are all really short sentences.

Can one of my homeboyz start an official morel thread please? Would like to discuss and see how others are doing but don't know how to start a new thread via iPhone. TIA.

Mass every weekend unless traveling. I try to make at least one morning mass during the week before I make it to the office.

Me too.

To above poster: God IS in church if it's a Catholic one. He is present in the body/blood given at Eucharist. This is the essence of faith.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Besides, I was a regular attendee prior to my infidelity....which was over a decade ago.so I think I'm doing better by hanging with my own personal minister....smaller group for him to preach to, more one on one
Sooo, you did go to church, cheated on your wife and committed a pretty significant sin, and now no longer go to said church? That clears things up on your stance on the subject. And your general negativity.

Sooo, you did go to church, cheated on your wife and committed a pretty significant sin, and now no longer go to said church? That clears things up on your stance on the subject. And your general negativity.

My wife still goes to church after doing some bad stuff and I never go but did not do anything wrong. Are you saying people that have done bad things should go even if church tells them they should not be doing what they are doing?

All sin is sin bro, read up...Besides, I've been forgiven by all involved.

Sunday worship and community group. I attend a group Bible study with a group known as "Celebrate Recovery"...it is taught by a former player of mine. They minister to recovering addicts of all varieties. He also operates a home for these people. I am not sure how they find out about his ministry but we have a guy from Estonia in the group. I am not a recovering addict unless you count coaching as an addiction but I love what he is doing. Want to see the Lord at work...attend Bible study with these folks.

Sunday worship and community group. I attend a group Bible study with a group known as "Celebrate Recovery"...it is taught by a former player of mine. They minister to recovering addicts of all varieties. He also operates a home for these people. I am not sure how they find out about his ministry but we have a guy from Estonia in the group. I am not a recovering addict unless you count coaching as an addiction but I love what he is doing. Want to see the Lord at work...attend Bible study with these folks.
What do you coach?

My wife still goes to church after doing some bad stuff and I never go but did not do anything wrong. Are you saying people that have done bad things should go even if church tells them they should not be doing what they are doing?

You could have actually made a point by saying going to church clearly doesn't make one a better person.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
You could have actually made a point by saying going to church clearly doesn't make one a better person.

I was asking him because it sounded like he thought the guy should be at church even if he cheated. My point wasn't real other than my wife goes to church part. If she was a full cheater I the OP thinks she should still be in church. That would be backwards if you ask me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT