ADVERTISEMENT

How to help family of Tom Poholsky

Tom's 1986 debut v favored Michigan State was memorable.

A true Hawkeye.
Watched the '86 game in a Council Bluffs Hawkeye sports bar. Dad (RIP) was rooting for Sparty because my uncle/his brother-in-law played basketball there many years earlier.

We had fun, drank beer and ate burgers. I can't remember the name of the bar but it was a fun place for Hawkeye fans.

I know I am out of touch with a lot of things culturally anymore. How is it acceptable to solicit for funeral expenses, future education expenses and ongoing living expenses upon death. Not trying to pile on a tragic situation for this family but this strikes me as nothing more than the tech version of sitting on the corner with a sign and collection can.

I know I am out of touch with a lot of things culturally anymore. How is it acceptable to solicit for funeral expenses, future education expenses and ongoing living expenses upon death. Not trying to pile on a tragic situation for this family but this strikes me as nothing more than the tech version of sitting on the corner with a sign and collection can.
Any appeal for charity can be reduced to a sign and collection can, if you want to be crass about it. Indeed, the concept of Go Fund Me is a naked appeal for funds. Someone who knows the Poholsky family thought it needed help. If you disagree, ignore the appeal, just as you would throw a fundraising letter in the trash. But for you to suggest you have made a startling revelation about technology and charitable giving is silly and naive. And btw some of those people with a sign and a can are deserving of help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT