ADVERTISEMENT

How Tony Perkins has emphatically proved Hawkeye coaches right

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Really nice story from the Indianapolis Star with 3 minutes of video highlights.

As you will read, Jack Keefer, head basketball coach at Lawrence North in Indianapolis, has a close relationship with Iowa assistant coach Sherman Dillard that dates back to 1994.

Tony averaged 18.6 points, 5.6 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.8 steals per game while shooting 58% from the field and 35% from 3-point range for arguably the state's best team. He finished second in 2020 Indiana Mr. Basketball voting. And he led Lawrence North to a 25-2 record and a No. 1 ranking for much of the season.

LINK to the Video & Story: https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...keye-coaches-right-lawrence-north/5154298002/

7f453be2-53c1-4ba3-b8c3-15580b85aef8-cent02-79leyt6jh0wourqwjxc_original.jpg

a6e3feb8-2957-4f5b-bbc1-43ca587083a6-03072020_Sectional10_WarrenCent_LawrenceNo_52.JPG

Show me where this story has been posted. You can't.

And you clearly don't know the definition of spam, which shows your lack of intellect..

But, hey, nice come back, idiot.

And you are a fan of Legend? That says a lot about you.
And now he use bold print to make a point.

Bye.

Show me where this story has been posted. You can't.

And you clearly don't know the definition of spam, which shows your lack of intellect..

But, hey, nice come back, idiot.

And you are a fan of Legend? That says a lot about you.

*sigh*....

It might be time to consider an alternative hobby, Fran.

The high stakes, high pressure world of college sports message board posting is clearly taking its toll on you.

*sigh*....

It might be time to consider an alternative hobby, Fran.

The high stakes, high pressure world of college sports message board posting is clearly taking its toll on you.

I don't get it.

Why are some of you on Fran's case? I for one appreciate the linked articles and highlight videos.

This fall, many were ragging on these recruits as not being D1 prospects. It's nice to see how the narrative has shifted quite a bit. Regardless, if you don't care for the posts, wouldn't it make more sense to simply ignore them than to continually make attacks on the guy whose efforts are appreciated by some?

I don't get it.

Why are some of you on Fran's case? I for one appreciate the linked articles and highlight videos.

This fall, many were ragging on these recruits as not being D1 prospects. It's nice to see how the narrative has shifted quite a bit. Regardless, if you don't care for the posts, wouldn't it make more sense to simply ignore them than to continually make attacks on the guy whose efforts are appreciated by some?
this is the Iowa basketball forum.

therefore, we are supposed to post our favorite recipes, it appears. ;)

actually, this is Margaret. Fran is outside.

I enjoy pointing out the idiots on here who don't know the definition of words like "spam."
People say you put Spam in your meatloaf. Any truth to that? Because your meatloaf is FANTASTIC!

Reactions: Franisdaman
OPs best work is still on the HROT. The lecturing of the rules thread. It was one of the few times there was bipartisan agreement on the board.

I don't get it.

Anyone who goes off on people like this — calling them “human garbage” etc.— because of college message board posts, may be better off taking a little break to gain some perspective.

jmo.

Reactions: amahawk
No freshman has yet proven anything because none have played a minute of Big Ten ball. That kind of spring thinking leads to autumnal depression....take it from a recovering optimist.

But.....there have been some unusually good omens that don't always appear at Iowa.

Tony climbed at least a 100 spots on ESPN and Ahron did the same on Rivals. Neither service is particularly generous to our recruits. That means at least some scouts from pretty high level public services think our guard recruits have significantly improved since signing day. So its not just us, the most intense of Iowa fans, seeing them through a black and gold filter.

I don't even know where you look for "academy" players but the Murray boys certainly pass the B&G filter test. There's a ton of video of them and both look good against what appears to be good competition. Both look willing to hit the glass and run the floor-key skills at Iowa. Neither stood out as defenders, either good or bad. Good defense is about 90% brains and effort. They're legacy kids whose Hawk father was a tremendous defender so you'd have to think they will be respectable defenders.

Wish there was more video of Ogu. The other four kids all look better now than they did on signing day; and that is a good thing at Iowa.

Bottom line, no one knows the future but, assuming the Garzilla returns and everyone stays healthy we're probably not going to see much of the freshmen; and not relying on freshmen is a another very good thing at Iowa.

Last edited:
Really nice story from the Indianapolis Star with 3 minutes of video highlights.

As you will read, Jack Keefer, head basketball coach at Lawrence North in Indianapolis, has a close relationship with Iowa assistant coach Sherman Dillard that dates back to 1994.

Tony averaged 18.6 points, 5.6 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.8 steals per game while shooting 58% from the field and 35% from 3-point range for arguably the state's best team. He finished second in 2020 Indiana Mr. Basketball voting. And he led Lawrence North to a 25-2 record and a No. 1 ranking for much of the season.

LINK to the Video & Story: https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...keye-coaches-right-lawrence-north/5154298002/

7f453be2-53c1-4ba3-b8c3-15580b85aef8-cent02-79leyt6jh0wourqwjxc_original.jpg

a6e3feb8-2957-4f5b-bbc1-43ca587083a6-03072020_Sectional10_WarrenCent_LawrenceNo_52.JPG
Thanks for posting. Always enjoy reading about incoming recruits. I liked this comment from his high school coach:

"The biggest thing that he did was to put the team on his back without dominating. He averaged close to 20, but he could have probably averaged 30. He just brought the team along with him."

actually, this is Margaret. Fran is outside.

I enjoy pointing out the idiots on here who don't know the definition of words like "spam."

Spam - a canned meat product made mainly from ham.....Spam.

tenor.gif

Although, I think he meant to say plagiarize. This may help in the future, although I don't see anybody else cite sources on here. I guess he just thinks you should. lol

https://www.scribbr.com/mla/website-citation/

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT