ADVERTISEMENT

Huge win

We took a shot in the mouth when we lost the lead and responded like a veteran, championship caliber team. Great job at crunch time.
I am really liking Joe T. He changes the pace of a game. K. Murray had two huge plays. The tip in and the blocked shot. Weisey was Weisey again. Great to see. And, who was worried about JBO’s shot? lol.

NC is a bad matchup for us and we still won. Huge test and they passed it. I think this shows Iowa is a legit top10 team.
I'm more worried about a team full of shooters.

If part of the game wasn't at kinnick we win by 20plus ;)

I watched both the north carolina games at my house. Granted it was a home game this time, but I crushed some shots with a buddy that was over for the last one after they pulled it off in chapel hill. Kinda surreal that this time and this team it was expected, and I just kinda moved on to the illinois vs duke game. What's everyone else's then vs. now take?

Send in the Clowns!!!!

Just a great response when NC came back. A bunch to be happy about and upside remaining. Luka faced a huge athletic front line and while his shot wasn’t there his board work was outstanding. He won’t face many front lines like that. CJ, JB and JW were fantastic. These dudes are fun to watch. Bounce the Clones and strap it on for the Zags. No letdown boys!

Great game! Great victory! And I also think it was an important game for the Hawks to have to earn a complete team victory. The UNC bigs put tremendous pressure on Garza and gave the others the opportunity to show their BBall skills. And JoBo really showed all of us he can still bring it! Looking forward to an interesting season!

Great offense and not so great defense but we still beat a blue blood ACC team and that bodes well for the remainder of the season. Really like this team.

Yup. Passed the first significant test of the year. Luka got boxed in against a big, athletic front line and had a tough game. Still got some key buckets.
It was obviously the perimeter shooting from Bohannon, Frederick and Wieskamp that carried them.
UNC bigs are really good . Sharpe is gonna be an animal in the ACC. Still A double double for LG and just his presence on the floor opens up the perimeter . Keep knocking down 17 3 balls and you are not losing much

Yup. Passed the first significant test of the year. Luka got boxed in against a big, athletic front line and had a tough game. Still got some key buckets.
It was obviously the perimeter shooting from Bohannon, Frederick and Wieskamp that carried them.
If the refs only called 13 fouls on UNC trying to guard Luka, you know there were probably at least 5 more that weren't called. Lika was a warrior tonight.

Reactions: perryhawk
A huge win by the Hawkeyes. Anybody that thought the Hawkeyes were just Luka saw differently. The Hawks may not be Final Four, and they may not win the conference, but they are going to be in the mix.

Got a lot of work to do but this team is so fun to watch

Statement win

go hawks!

We have so many shooters; the 3 point shot was the difference (we made 17; they made 6).

North Carolina actually shot pretty well (48%) from the floor; see the breakdown at the end of this post.

What's troubling is we got outrebounded 47-38. But this was offset, fortunately, by the 18 (for UNC) -11 (for Iowa) turnover margin.

UNC must be thinking that 80 points & shooting 48% from the field should win them the game; maybe they are the ones w/ defensive issues ;)

Compare the 2 teams stats:

IOWA
17-36 (47%) from 2 point land
17-40 (43%) from 3 point land
34-76 (45%) Overall
08-14 (57%) FTs
93 Points Scored

NORTH CAROLINA

25-50 (50%) from 2 point land
06-15 (40%) from 3 point land
31-65 (48%) Overall
12-20 (60%) FTs
80 Points Scored

Last edited:
Reactions: grhawk
Great win, but Illinois will run the hawks out of the gym if D doesn't improve.

I don’t know.

Iowa and Illinois look Ike the two best teams in the league so far. They have better guards but we have better bigs. It all depends on shooting. If they have an off shooting night, we bury them.

This Iowa offense just puts so much pressure on you... it is — dare I say it — elite. Incredibly hard to keep in check for 40 minutes.

I don’t know.

Iowa and Illinois look Ike the two best teams in the league so far. They have better guards but we have better bigs. It all depends on shooting. If they have an off shooting night, we bury them.

This Iowa offense just puts so much pressure on you... it is — dare I say it — elite. Incredibly hard to keep in check for 40 minutes.
We have a good team, but knew that going in. The Big Ten has plenty of good teams, and if we're not on our game we could easily take multiple losses and nobody should be surprised.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT