ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane season has arrived....

Florida State University residence hall students remaining on campus will shelter-in-place during Helene inside the university’s Augustus B. Turnbull Conference Center, which was upgraded to withstand extreme conditions.

University staff assisted students in relocating from the residence halls to the conference center between 10 a.m. and 12 noon before weather conditions are expected to deteriorate in the Tallahassee area. The conference center facility includes hurricane shutters and debris curtains on windows and well as emergency generators large enough to power air handler units in the facility.

Please visit http://alerts.fsu.edu for information and updates.
Police have been going around the dorms getting students out. Never seen that before.

Well, darn it. I am on the water in Marco on Caxambas Pass. I just got a call from a neighbor they are expecting storm surge tonight at high tide. So people around us are moving their cars to a better spot and wanted to know if I wanted mine moved. I said ok.
I was just there a week and a half ago.
It is only a 2016 Equinox with 112,000 miles on it, but is in great shape.

Edit: I know you guys are in much more danger than I am. Hope you are all ok after the next couple of days.

Tampa Bay Weather GIF by Storyful

The westbound lanes of the north bridge, SR-60/Courtney Campbell Causeway are still open. ABC 28 just showed cars dodging waves

Last edited:

Radar data continues to suggest that the eyewall is increasingly dominating the secondary band that had been preventing consolidation of the inner core wind field. Simultaneously, subsidence warming in the eye is strengthening leading to a clearer eye on IR imagery. This probably means max winds in #Helene's eyewall are increasing further, unfortunately.

It’s unbelievable that these dumbasses kept the causeways open as long as they did

These times aren’t accurate as there were cars on the north bridge around 5:14 pm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT