ADVERTISEMENT

I guess the coach knows what he’s doing

No it still is…wow
Tell ya what........if he can make even half as many 3s against Michigan, then the next time we run a fast break and they outlet it back to Bohannon and he immediately, without really setting himself, decides to just chuck it up towards the hoop from wherever he's at, make or miss, I will proclaim that THAT is without a doubt THE BEST possible shot we could've taken period in that situation and leave it at that.

Deal? Good. Thanks...... :D

P.S.
200w.gif

First off NOTHING Cmac says on twitter will have a positive outcome, NOTHING. We've seen this movie several times before. Fran really needs to go KF here and shut that shit down, but he won't. As for Clark, I'm not sure what your getting at, But its the swagger she carries herself with that makes her fearless. She has people who've NEVER watched a womens game tuning in to see her play, which means their watching IOWA play. NBA guys are following her games, which means IOWA'S game. Hell Kevin Durant was talking up freaking Iowa womens basketball on his podcast! This surely isn't a bad thing......
How would you feel and what would you do if YOU were Connor?
You and alot others have gone off at each other on this site.
I was pointing out that I don't care for her swagger as much as maybe you do and I don't post it "except for right now" as a negative on this board.
Look at Kegan and Chris and their actions after great plays. Quiet confidence is their demeanor.

I realize he's apparently a great teammate, and fan favorite, but watching him shoot makes me think I still have D1 run in me. The scissor legs follow through....
I don't think even a fan favorite at this point. Lets face it, as a walk on who come in firing in games we were way ahead in, he was kind of a fun novelty. Now on scholly, that schtick has worn thin. Thankfully we aren't short on players like we were when Fran in previous years would put him in with the game still in the balance. Absolutely nothing against the kid, but he's not a D1 player at should not be on scholarship. There's a big difference with KF rewarding a kid who's been on the team for several years and earned his stripes on special teams, because that one ride amongst the 85 is easier to swallow. When you only have 13 rides, and with injuries and covid, every one of those rides has value.

JBo hung 20 points and 6 assists against Illinois in the BTT last year. If you're going to damn him with faint praise, at least get your facts rights.
here are the rest of the facts for you to consider when you don’t cherry pick.

Gonzaga. 1-8, 2 points, 3 assists, 4 TO
Oregon. 0-4, 0 points, 3 assists, 1 TO

which is exactly my point.
his production is not consistent, sustainable, nor reproducible

Iowa got lucky with the schedule this year for once. The back half of the B1G schedule is loaded with bottom feeders. Here's hoping all these games against PSU, Nebby, Maryland, Minny, Northwestern and to a lesser extent Michigan help Iowa find an identity and improve against the top 6-7 in conference as well as tourney teams. Not sure what to make of Iowa right now. They look good against the bottom feeders, so-so against the middle of the conference and a big step below the top 6 of the conference. I think the Michigan games will be interesting to see where this team really is.
Especially if Michigan is starting to round back into form as we saw against Purdue.......

That was a great performance. He didn't hit 10 shots as I recall and the team certainly didn't score 110 points. Did he have 5+ assists? I admit I don't recall.
Vince scored 22 (10-17) 2-2 FT 4 reb / 1 asst
team 31-51 (19-of-20 free throws)
4 guys played 30+ minutes Brookins & Ronnie 39, Boyle 34 & Lenny 32.
Lester had 9 assist - zero turnovers in 39 minutes.

How would you feel and what would you do if YOU were Connor?
You and alot others have gone off at each other on this site.
I was pointing out that I don't care for her swagger as much as maybe you do and I don't post it "except for right now" as a negative on this board.
Look at Kegan and Chris and their actions after great plays. Quiet confidence is their demeanor.
What I would DO has nothing to do with it. Cmac is a member of the team. Do you not remember the blowback from the Zach McCabe mess? Please instruct us what possible good will come from Cmac poking shit at the fans who purchase tickets, buy gear and support the team. This is an absolute NO win for him and his Dad, and you'd think Fran would be smart enough to get a handle on this, but evidently not, and I'm not an anti Fran guy. I have no idea why you'd try to correlate posters on here poking at each other as anything at all similar to a current player getting into it with fans on social media. Frankly thats just stupid, and not well thought out, because players can't win picking fights with fans. What can he possibly accomplish?
As for Keegan, and "Kris", and how they act compared to Clark, that makes no sense. The Murrays are who they are, and need to be such. Clark is who she is, and always has been and she needs to play and act in a way that allows her to be most comfortable. There's no right or wrong way. Now I might prefer Keegans low key approach, but that deosn't make Clark wrong. Look at Joe W. who was very reserved, and rarely ever even smiled after a big play. then compare him to Luka. He'd flex, scream, make crazy faces, stomp around, whatever. I love them both. They were just being what they needed to be to be their best version of themselves. As long as they don't put down opponents or try to harm them, (like davison), then I dont see the issue.

Y
I'll take what he did tonight.....minus the heat check bull sh** shots.

Imagine how much better his shooting % alone would be if he didn't just randomly heave up some garbage a** shot early in the clock for no reason other than to see if the f***ing shot will go in.

It's one thing if he does that against North Carolina A&T..............but he does it EVERY F***ING GAME.

And you can not do that against good teams, let alone the multiple times he does it to try and shoot himself out of slumps he gets in.

It's wasted and empty possessions. Essentially a turnover on the stat sheet.

If he could figure it out, or humble himself enough, or whatever the f*** he needs to do to NEVER.......take a shot like that again........the team would thank him. His coaches would thank him. The whole world would f***ing thank him, but I included those other two first because maybe he'd listen to reason if he knew it would benefit and BETTER his team if he didn't waste possessions just throwing up a shot from anywhere to see if it will go in after he made one f***ing 3 earlier.

It's not that big of an ask.
You probably don't like Caitlin Clark much then either.

I don't think even a fan favorite at this point. Lets face it, as a walk on who come in firing in games we were way ahead in, he was kind of a fun novelty. Now on scholly, that schtick has worn thin. Thankfully we aren't short on players like we were when Fran in previous years would put him in with the game still in the balance. Absolutely nothing against the kid, but he's not a D1 player at should not be on scholarship. There's a big difference with KF rewarding a kid who's been on the team for several years and earned his stripes on special teams, because that one ride amongst the 85 is easier to swallow. When you only have 13 rides, and with injuries and covid, every one of those rides has value.
Fran tried to fill the scholly with player who would play meaningful minutes. He wasn't able to. After that, he gave the scholarship as a reward to a player who has been a good teammate and scout team player for several years. It's a one year thing. Anyone who thinks Fran gave Ash the scholarship over another player in the portal is just not wanting to hear the facts. It's hardly a big deal. Pretty sure the team is OK with giving him the ride over someone else who would have just been a bench player.

Fran tried to fill the scholly with player who would play meaningful minutes. He wasn't able to. After that, he gave the scholarship as a reward to a player who has been a good teammate and scout team player for several years. It's a one year thing. Anyone who thinks Fran gave Ash the scholarship over another player in the portal is just not wanting to hear the facts. It's hardly a big deal. Pretty sure the team is OK with giving him the ride over someone else who would have just been a bench player.
Hey look. For once we agree on something. Even a blind squirrel....

Reactions: ChiPackHawk
Vince scored 22 (10-17) 2-2 FT 4 reb / 1 asst
team 31-51 (19-of-20 free throws)
4 guys played 30+ minutes Brookins & Ronnie 39, Boyle 34 & Lenny 32.
Lester had 9 assist - zero turnovers in 39 minutes.
Great stat line but you cannot argue it was better than JBO's last night. Not even close, eh?

Reactions: perryhawk
I'm starting to think a whole lot of people are sitting on a stack of Joe T signed 8x10's and seeing their little plan for profit going up in smoke? Just mind blowing. I don't remember there being an uproar last year when JBo sat almost the entire 2nd half against Gonzaga and Joe T went off? Where was JBo! The team lost so nobody cared who didn't get minutes.
It’s because Joe T actually plays defense and is a good, humble person.

What I would DO has nothing to do with it. Cmac is a member of the team. Do you not remember the blowback from the Zach McCabe mess? Please instruct us what possible good will come from Cmac poking shit at the fans who purchase tickets, buy gear and support the team. This is an absolute NO win for him and his Dad, and you'd think Fran would be smart enough to get a handle on this, but evidently not, and I'm not an anti Fran guy. I have no idea why you'd try to correlate posters on here poking at each other as anything at all similar to a current player getting into it with fans on social media. Frankly thats just stupid, and not well thought out, because players can't win picking fights with fans. What can he possibly accomplish?
As for Keegan, and "Kris", and how they act compared to Clark, that makes no sense. The Murrays are who they are, and need to be such. Clark is who she is, and always has been and she needs to play and act in a way that allows her to be most comfortable. There's no right or wrong way. Now I might prefer Keegans low key approach, but that deosn't make Clark wrong. Look at Joe W. who was very reserved, and rarely ever even smiled after a big play. then compare him to Luka. He'd flex, scream, make crazy faces, stomp around, whatever. I love them both. They were just being what they needed to be to be their best version of themselves. As long as they don't put down opponents or try to harm them, (like davison), then I dont see the issue.
This 100%.

First of all, firing back to anyone on twitter when you are a public figure is a no win situation. That being said, he is not poking at "the fans who purchase tickets." He is poking at a group that has made it a mission to attack the coach and certain players. Quite frankly, there is probably a large segment of the fan base that agrees with him. But in the end, I think it would have been best just to stay above the fray.

Yeah - Nothing like insulting your own fan base.......This type of stuff is why people aren't big on Fran or Connor for that matter......It's really off putting.......

Would love to see JBo go off against Purdue or IL or OSU.....you know, NOT one of the bottom 3 teams in the league.....
Yeah, its not a healthy situation when the son of the coach is openly feuding with fans.

I've suspected for awhile Fran hears the noise and does the opposite on purpose.

It's not normal or a good idea for a coach to stay this long without accomplishing anything of note.

If you don't get over the hump in 12 years things get toxic and I feel like that's where this program is at.

• Haha
Reactions: PIEPI and littlez
Y

You probably don't like Caitlin Clark much then either.
Totally fair and statistically logical comparison................................................................................................................................................................................not being sarcastic about that in any way at all, either............................................................................................................nope........................................definitely am not being sarcastic............................................................................................................................................................................or maybe I am.

Reactions: littlez
First of all, firing back to anyone on twitter when you are a public figure is a no win situation. That being said, he is not poking at "the fans who purchase tickets." He is poking at a group that has made it a mission to attack the coach and certain players. Quite frankly, there is probably a large segment of the fan base that agrees with him. But in the end, I think it would have been best just to stay above the fray.
So your saying that none of the people here or others who have been ragging on Jbo are "buying tickets or gear"? Really? Factually I never even said that I even disagree with what he said, (to a point), my comment was, and still is that it was a stupid thing to do, and won't bring about a positive outcome for him or Fran. My biggest issue is this is not the first time either Cmac or Pat have done this, and the fact that Fran has done nothing to put a stop to it, would lead me to believe that he's totally fine with it. THAT I have a real problem with. He's not a 20 something young person, and he should know that this creates poor optics for him and his program. The coach CANNOT go to war with the fans, (even the vocal minority) and come out on top. Overall I like the job that Fran has done, with some exceptions, BUT this is not a good look. Frankly this probably comes across as no big deal at all, if say he could ever get the Hawks to a BIG title or a sweet sixteen. Without some REAL meaningful gains, some banners to hang, Fran is just giving more ammunition to those who would like to see him shone the door, and frankly its silly. All he needs to do is get some control here. As I said my concern is that he likes these comments, (this crap, and Cmac berating officials publicily), without having to do the dirty work.

Last edited:
Well they ARE playing Nebraska and I don't own a farm, so define "on". Based on this season so far, it's more likely that he scores less than 15 on less than 50% shooting. The odds say that Jbo won't have another game like last night this year, but then again they don't need that. What they need is consistently good, efficient play. That's what's been lacking this year.
Well they ARE playing Nebraska and I don't own a farm, so define "on". Based on this season so far, it's more likely that he scores less than 15 on less than 50% shooting. The odds say that Jbo won't have another game like last night this year, but then again they don't need that. What they need is consistently good, efficient play. That's what's been lacking th

jobos last 5 games 31 points

2-11 6pt
3-8 11pt
2-6 6pt
0-7 2pt
2-7 6pt

Not consistent
not efficient
not good enough to win

So your saying that none of the people here or others who have been ragging on Jbo are "buying tickets or gear"? Really? Factually I never even said that I even disagree with what he said, (to a point), my comment was, and still is that it was a stupid thing to do, and won't bring about a positive outcome for him or Fran. My biggest issue is this is not the first time either Cmac or Pat have done this, and the fact that Fran has done nothing to put a stop to it, would lead me to believe that he's totally fine with it. THAT I have a real problem with. He's not a 20 something young person, and he should know that this creates poor optics for him and his program. The coach CANNOT go to war with the fans, (even the vocal minority) and come out on top. Overall I like the job that Fran has done, with some exceptions, BUT this is not a good look. Frankly this probably comes across as no big deal at all, if say he could ever get the Hawks to a BIG title or a sweet sixteen. Without some REAL meaningful gains, some banners to hang, Fran is just giving more ammunition to those who would like to see him shone the door, and frankly its silly. All he needs to do is get some control here. As I aid my concern is that he likes these comments, (this crap, and Cmac berating officials publicily), without having to do the dirty work.
No what I'm saying and I thought pretty clearly is there is a pretty good segment of the fan population that thinks the people constantly riding the coach and players for some absurd reason or another are ass hats.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
So your saying that none of the people here or others who have been ragging on Jbo are "buying tickets or gear"? Really? Factually I never even said that I even disagree with what he said, (to a point), my comment was, and still is that it was a stupid thing to do, and won't bring about a positive outcome for him or Fran. My biggest issue is this is not the first time either Cmac or Pat have done this, and the fact that Fran has done nothing to put a stop to it, would lead me to believe that he's totally fine with it. THAT I have a real problem with. He's not a 20 something young person, and he should know that this creates poor optics for him and his program. The coach CANNOT go to war with the fans, (even the vocal minority) and come out on top. Overall I like the job that Fran has done, with some exceptions, BUT this is not a good look. Frankly this probably comes across as no big deal at all, if say he could ever get the Hawks to a BIG title or a sweet sixteen. Without some REAL meaningful gains, some banners to hang, Fran is just giving more ammunition to those who would like to see him shone the door, and frankly its silly. All he needs to do is get some control here. As I aid my concern is that he likes these comments, (this crap, and Cmac berating officials publicily), without having to do the dirty work.
Agree 1000%. The social media feud is beyond silly. And it's a pretty small minority of fans. Bohannon has been around 6 years, he's kind of the face of the Hawks because he's been around so long. He's done some funny things if you're an Iowa fan, like leaving his shoes in Ames, but he's also opened his mouth a lot and I'm sure opposing fans can't stand him. I don't care about any of that. If you're going to do that however, and talk shit on social media, then of course the trolls are going to be out there. It's a muddy game. You can't pick and choose on that. Fran and the entire family come across as very thin skinned. Is what it is. But they're just adding fuel to the fire. It's childish.

Reactions: kceasthawk
No what I'm saying and I thought pretty clearly is there is a pretty good segment of the fan population that thinks the people constantly riding the coach and players for some absurd reason or another are ass hats.
Personally I don't feel I'm riding the coach or his son at all. I'm simply pointing out some "actions" that I think are not in the best interest of the player in question, the coach or the Universities basketball program......

Conor is an adult and what he says on twitter will not hurt ticket sales at all. Will you stop supporting the team if he keeps on defending the team members?. There will come a time where Catlin may regret it.
Luka could have dialed it back at times also.
Guess we need to agree to disagree.

Reactions: F5n5
Conor is an adult and what he says on twitter will not hurt ticket sales at all. Will you stop supporting the team if he keeps on defending the team members?. There will come a time where Catlin may regret it.
You keep bringing up Caitlin. Not sure why. She’s the best player in the game today. Are you comparing her to Connor? She’s fiery on the court. But not sure I’ve ever seen her cross any line. Same with Luka. And honestly I’m fine with Connor on the court. Get fired up. Get your teammates pumped. What is Caitlin going to regret? Be the adult and don’t be thin skinned on social media. Not that hard.

I would think I am safe in saying that the negative crown on this and other sites are more than likely not buying tickets or going to games.

Reactions: iahawks10
What is Clark going to regret? That she's kicking ASS and taking names? The only people who have anything bad to say about her are the players she's tearing up. She's a type AA personality with a ton of skills. She's a generational player. is she supposed to apologize for that. Have you watched "The BIG Story" special on the Brands brothers on the BTN they've run the last couple of weeks? I suggest you watch it. If they had "dialed it back" they would never have become national and world champions. People at that level have a different makeup then you and I do.

Well maybe, or just watch Clark do her thing every night for the womens team! Just poking fun! Great game by Jbo, oh and that other guy, Murray was it? ;)
Not necessarily a poke at you but, since you mentioned her name and she's taken some heat from some posters this year, Kaitlyn is shooting 31% from the 3 this year. Should she stop shooting, too?

For comparison sake, JoBo is now shooting 37.5%.

Reactions: perryhawk and F5n5
Not necessarily a poke at you but, since you mentioned her name and she's taken some heat from some posters this year, Kaitlyn is shooting 31% from the 3 this year. Should she stop shooting, too?

For comparison sake, JoBo is now shooting 37.5%.
You know you’re being ridiculous, right?

You keep bringing up Caitlin. Not sure why. She’s the best player in the game today. Are you comparing her to Connor? She’s fiery on the court. But not sure I’ve ever seen her cross any line. Same with Luka. And honestly I’m fine with Connor on the court. Get fired up. Get your teammates pumped. What is Caitlin going to regret? Be the adult and don’t be thin skinned on social media. Not that hard.
I personally think Catlin is the best I have ever seen play. But her actions (cockiness) is a bit overboard for me.
I like how Kegan and Chris play with an edge and show it in their play not by being over exuberant or cocky.
I'm ok with Connor on the court and protecting his team and coach on twitter to all the fans who attack the team.

Reactions: PIEPI
What is Clark going to regret? That she's kicking ASS and taking names? The only people who have anything bad to say about her are the players she's tearing up. She's a type AA personality with a ton of skills. She's a generational player. is she supposed to apologize for that. Have you watched "The BIG Story" special on the Brands brothers on the BTN they've run the last couple of weeks? I suggest you watch it. If they had "dialed it back" they would never have become national and world champions. People at that level have a different makeup then you and I do.
Just saying that sometime in her life it could come back to being a regret for her.
We all have been there sometime.

I personally think Catlin is the best I have ever seen play. But her actions (cockiness) is a bit overboard for me.
I like how Kegan and Chris play with an edge and show it in their play not by being over exuberant or cocky.
I'm ok with Connor on the court and protecting his team and coach on twitter to all the fans who attack the team.
All good brother. I love how the Murray brothers go about their business as well. Just no idea what you’re talking about with Caitlin. She’s a beast. And plays with a ton of swag. Love that as well. To each his own.

You think I am serious about telling either not to shoot?

Both are extremely talented 3-pt shooters. Both should have green lights. And neither deserves some of the bullshit criticism that they get on this board.
Nah, there's certain situations where both (Jbo moreso) need yellow lights at the very least when it comes to shot selection................

I've already explained my take for Jordan.

Clark's would be in late clock situations where getting a two at the basket and maybe even drawing a foul would be a better shot than scrambling around being chased by 3 defenders and chucking up a 3 early in the shot clock, even though you're in desperation mode to get back in the game........

There's plenty to be said about taking smarter shots in specific situations, regardless of whether you're scoring 30 pts a night.......or once in a blue moon/Olympic calendar cycle.

Just sayin....

Reactions: littlez
I really couldn't care less about Cmac or Pmac's social media, Jbo's podcasts, Fran's on court antics or Clark's braggodacio. I really don't know why people give a shit about any of this.

Just back it up with production, performance, and wins. As a fan of any team I don't know why you'd really care about any of this other stuff.

That was a great performance. He didn't hit 10 shots as I recall and the team certainly didn't score 110 points. Did he have 5+ assists? I admit I don't recall.
Vince shot 6 for 6 in the second half. Iowa down

Brookins was 6 for 6 in second half. Iowa was down 14, This game was to go to the final four. Jbo had a great game , but not compared to going to the Final four.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT