ADVERTISEMENT

I love Iowa, but I can't do winters anymore

CelticHawk

HR MVP
Gold Member
Feb 24, 2011
It's just a giant pain in the ass. Especially living in the country.

Arizona here I come.

giphy.gif

Always good to thin the herd of the incapable and mentally weak.

Cars are worthless in this crap. The truck takes a beating. Spent 2 hours today moving the shit.

I could be going for walks with my wife, swimming, outdoors drinking beer, etc...

giphy.gif

Always good to thin the herd of the incapable and mentally weak.
That's why my line coach in High School didn't let us wear long sleeves until Lewis told him to buzz off.

Good times. Also, this is the same line coach that got upset at us after Linn-Mar blew us out. When Saturday conditioning rolled around he told us to crab walk from goal line to goal line and got pissed off at as for not doing it right, until our starting center (and captain) asked him if he meant "bear crawl". Thus ended linemen conditioning for the day.

Reactions: iCRUNCH and torbee
I’ve spent a grand total of one day in Iowa. Was there several years ago in mid-December for a funeral. It was brutally cold and covered in snow. Not even sure where I went. Just remembered staying at a hotel in La Crosse. That was enough to dissuade me from living in that kind of climate.

Reactions: goldmom
I’ve spent a grand total of one day in Iowa. Was there several years ago in mid-December for a funeral. It was brutally cold and covered in snow. Not even sure where I went. Just remembered staying at a hotel in La Crosse. That was enough to dissuade me from living in that kind of climate.
Wisconsin is a different state, my dude.

I’ve found it helps to constantly wear black face, OP. The rays of sunlight feel warmer even in Iowa winters.

Reactions: The_Joker13
While the winters in Iowa can be pretty ugly, at least the summers aren’t horribly hit and humid, oh wait...

While the winters in Iowa can be pretty ugly, at least the summers aren’t horribly hit and humid, oh wait...
Yeah, summer is worse down here than back home, but it’s not like Iowa is free from the sticky hot humid days. All in all, I love it in Florida.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT