ADVERTISEMENT

If SL gets his knees repaired now

Think what he could do with 2 partially healed ones.
Could wear a brace or am I showing my stupidity? Maybe you shouldn't answer that.
ACLs do not heal at all. When they are torn they are gone. They don't heal or grow back. They need to be replaced with a new one either from a cadaver, from your own tendons like the quad tendon, patellar tendon or hamstring. Yes they replace a ligament with a tendon. I

Reactions: Lsanders20
The rehab changes dramatically if there is meniscus damage. If there is no meniscus damage the time line Ozzy mentioned is realistic. If there is meniscus damage then the rehab process is slowed down.

ACLs do not heal at all. When they are torn they are gone. They don't heal or grow back. They need to be replaced with a new one either from a cadaver, from your own tendons like the quad tendon, patellar tendon or hamstring. Yes they replace a ligament with a tendon. I

Were you the “swab the popliteal fossa” guy? Can’t remember.

The rehab changes dramatically if there is meniscus damage. If there is no meniscus damage the time line Ozzy mentioned is realistic. If there is meniscus damage then the rehab process is slowed down.
MY nephew actually tore his meniscus along with the ACL and required partial meniscotomy. He was told he would be back to competitive state at 9 months if he continued rehab the way he did.

Curious, has Ayala ever wrestled Teske? Would would win if they wrestled today?

I'm sure they have unofficially wrestled a lot, I'd guess Teske would be able to big brother him at this point given his size and college experience. Ybarra lost a close Freestyle match Teske last year.

I mean Lee IS damn near super human but he said himself he can barely wrestle, can't shoot or sprawl. Hard to see a way for him to compete with the best at the Senior level when you can't effectively shoot or sprawl. And I really don't like the thought of him wrestling another match in his current state. Huge target on his back (or knees) now. You know he wouldn't make any excuses but it would be awfully hard for the rest of us not to make excuses on his behalf if he lost. Time to take care of numero uno, Spencer, and get healthy for your 4th and for the future!
IMO there is no "target" on his knees just because he revealed an injury. You only have so many body parts, and most if not all of them are subjected to potential torque in some form or fashion in a wrestling match. It's a tough gig on your entire body.

If you're going to score takedowns on your opponent, your knee/leg is the primary "target" the majority of the time. His aren't in good shape so he was going to suffer some regardless.

I think his run is certainly jeapordized because the competition is so good, but he's not the first athlete that could miss out on his/her Olympic dream thru a cycle because of injury and he won't be the last.

For me personally I mostly care what he does in Black and Gold, so it's a no-brainer for me what I want him to do. I'm cheering for him no matter what he ultimately decides.

Reactions: DirtyJohns
MY nephew actually tore his meniscus along with the ACL and required partial meniscotomy. He was told he would be back to competitive state at 9 months if he continued rehab the way he did.
I am only referring to the weight bearing, range of motion limitations in the first month or so of rehab. The total timeline probably has a lot to do with the age and health of the individual. It would take me longer than your nephew, but since I did not have meniscus damage I was able to start range of motion right away. Would have been delayed a bit if they cut on the meniscus.

Gilman would not hesitate to give his knees as much extra as he could get away with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT