ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois is better. But the big ten refs come on

A

anon_ts5cfra6drv7r

Some point you gotta call a T.

Last edited by a moderator:
Illinois has a team that can beat Gonzaga.

They could win the whole thing. They are deep and athletic.

They could, but Baylor put them away pretty easily. Illini have improved, but they only have one Kofi. Any game. the refs can put Kofi on bench they are beatable.

I don't think it is guaranteed B1G gets 1 or 2 teams to Final4. If Livers is out, then Michigan is beatable.

They are physical, athletic, play defense and have great guard play + Coburn. High quality recipe.

I thought Illinois got away with a fair amount today, not saying it changed outcome of game, but they do hustle, I will give them that.

Agreed. I was afraid it was unlikely we win. Quick guards and huge inside with Cockburn.

If they refs call it even, we are right there, but Illinois probably wins 4 out of 5 times. :mad:

No. They'll never get away with what they did today.

You guys seriously think you just routinely get screwed by refs letting the other team be “thugs” or “play rugby”?? Might need to adjust your own defensive intensity. You can choose to believe Illinois is “in trouble,” for the NCAA Tournament, but you’ll be in the small minority for a reason.

Good game, and good luck.

You guys seriously think you just routinely get screwed by refs letting the other team be “thugs” or “play rugby”?? Might need to adjust your own defensive intensity. You can choose to believe Illinois is “in trouble,” for the NCAA Tournament, but you’ll be in the small minority for a reason.

**** you

Did you watch the game? I imagine you did. Get glasses

What makes people think officiating will be that much different in the tournament? I see a lot of the same stuff in all the leagues. Garza could be in foul trouble just as easy. He got Cockburn with a pretty good elbow. I was surprised the play wasn't reviewed.

Haha... Right. It's a known fact that the B1G is beyond physical. Wonder why the best conference in the country hasn't won a title in 20 years.

Maybe the conference needs to adjust to get in line with the actual rules of basketball not hacketball

I will say that Iowa isn't the only team to get screwed by the B1G officials.

Would be nice to see some kind of effort to improve things in the B1G.

It's not a good thing to be known as a physical conference.... Because it CLEARLY doesn't result in championships.

"Best conference in the country".

No title in 20 years.

IL was the better team today. Very mentally tough group.

Coburn is a matchup problem for sure ..... even though he does get away with MURDER. Thug

And the guy with the high hair has a punchable face.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1 and IAGuy
Coburn is a matchup problem for sure ..... even though he does get away with MURDER. Thug

And the guy with the high hair has a punchable face.

Everybody has their own perspective but from and Illinois fan I think the amount of hooks Garza gets away with (it's a lot) is fairly annoying.

But as biased fans we are all looking at what the other team gets away with (including me) and not what our team gets away with.

Another hot take that won't gain any likes is that Damonte Williams plays too edgy and loses his cool too often but the contact that was made was not above the shoulders on that flagrant.

That's how 99.9% of Illinois fans will see it and 99.9% of Iowa fans will say it was clear cut.

Everybody has their own perspective but from and Illinois fan I think the amount of hooks Garza gets away with (it's a lot) is fairly annoying.

But as biased fans we are all looking at what the other team gets away with (including me) and not what our team gets away with.

Another hot take that won't gain any likes is that Damonte Williams plays too edgy and loses his cool too often but the contact that was made was not above the shoulders on that flagrant.

That's how 99.9% of Illinois fans will see it and 99.9% of Iowa fans will say it was clear cut.
Yeah it was so clear cut that refs looked at it and called a flagrant 1. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Hawk fan in Minn

I see it as clear cut bias 11 free throws to 3 in first half. No way a grabby team only sends an opponent with a high level offense to the line 3 times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT