ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa recruiting thread.

Yep. Some of us got crucified when we said Ferrari's coming was BAD news.
But, but, but... when TnT set strict ground rules that the Ferrari Clan signed up for and complied with, then everything was supposed to workout just fine.

Yes, some were against entertaining it from the beginning, and they appear to be more right.

Reactions: el dub
Cut him a break. He's a veritable spinmeister when it comes to TNT, but even PR crisis teams require a few hours to formulate a plan to control the narrative.
I doubt there is coming back from this, except Iowa won't do anything to change

I see will Feldkamp signed with ISU.
Feldcamp appears a step below what they got with Marcus Coleman.

Regarding the Iowa/ISU dual next December, once we see the casualties of the gambling fallout, it could be a closer outcome than we're accustomed to seeing.

The dual is going to be close (I have it 5-5 but with us having more bonus). Do you think that having more fans there or winning is more important?
Give me your matchups results, please.

I'd like to see your projected wrestlers at all ten weights.

TIA

Give me your matchups results, please.

I'd like to see your projected wrestlers at all ten weights.

TIA
125 Ayala over Terukina 3-0
133 Teske over Redding 6-0
141 Woods over Frost 10-0 (Swiderski will RS)
149 Paniro over Voinovich 10-3
157 Chittum over Siebrecht 10-6
165 Carr over PK 10-9
174 Brands over Gaitan 13-9
184 Feldkamp over Assad 13-12
197 Yonger over Franklin 13-15
285 Cass over ??? 19-15

That’s before we know exactly what is happening with the gambling stuff for both of us

165 Carr over PK 10-9
285 Cass over ??? 19-15

That’s before we know exactly what is happening with the gambling stuff for both of us
Yonger is going HWT.

Reactions: GableDaGoat
165 Carr over PK 10-9
285 Cass over ??? 19-15

Before the Cuban news, that seems objective.
But after that crap Assad exhibited with Wisconsin, I have zero confidence in Iowa at 184. Could easily get pinned.

Reactions: LIV4GOD
Honestly voinivich should jump a level with the training partners he now has in the room. Could see him beating johnson

Reactions: sabula
Honestly voinivich should jump a level with the training partners he now has in the room. Could see him beating johnson
I get a kick outta people assume just cause a kid comes to Iowa he’s magically going to jump immense levels; like Brands is so much better at teaching technique than someone like John Smith and many of the other great coaches in college wrestling. Coaches like smiths, colat, etc were light years ahead of the brands in technique. Hell most of our guys that have been here their whole career don’t show much improvement from their freshman year. Coming to Iowa isn’t some magical pill to automatically jump levels lol

Feldcamp appears a step below what they got with Marcus Coleman.

Regarding the Iowa/ISU dual next December, once we see the casualties of the gambling fallout, it could be a closer outcome than we're accustomed to seeing.
Coleman is gone and he is a likely upgrade over what they have now.

165 Carr over PK 10-9
285 Cass over ??? 19-15

It's been stated Ayala was injured again and might not be available right away. Teske toss up at best vs Redding or the Russian.

I get a kick outta people assume just cause a kid comes to Iowa he’s magically going to jump immense levels; like Brands is so much better at teaching technique than someone like John Smith and many of the other great coaches in college wrestling. Coaches like smiths, colat, etc were light years ahead of the brands in technique. Hell most of our guys that have been here their whole career don’t show much improvement from their freshman year. Coming to Iowa isn’t some magical pill to automatically jump levels lol
Hand fighting is about the only technique I see them improving.

never heard of real woods or pat lugo? think them guys won't be scrapping with victor. it's all right everyone knows a few of you want brands gone

Isn’t that what he said?

It's been stated Ayala was injured again and might not be available right away. Teske toss up at best vs Redding or the Russian.

It has been? Where? I don’t read every thread. Especially not these days.

never heard of real woods or pat lugo? think them guys won't be scrapping with victor. it's all right everyone knows a few of you want brands gone

These are certainly two guys who thrived in the Iowa room. Others have not.

I do find it interesting that we entered the off-season with a treasure trove of NIL money, landed a solid transfer, struck out on the big ones, and actually managed to get worse. It’s almost impressive.

Joey Cruz just committed to Iowa. #33 on FLO's 2022 Big Board/#52 by Matscouts, was a true freshman redshirting at Oklahoma this past season. Projects 125. He was 2-2 at the MSU Open as his only competition last season. I'm guessing injury?

This is good and welcome news. He was as high as #13 P4P by some.

Whatever happened with the OU recruit from NJ. Santaniello?

Reactions: LaxHawk174
Joey Cruz just committed to Iowa. #33 on FLO's 2022 Big Board/#52 by Matscouts, was a true freshman redshirting at Oklahoma this past season. Projects 125. He was 2-2 at the MSU Open as his only competition last season. I'm guessing injury?
What weight?

That is pretty much exactly what I assume.

I think if you are a regular reader of this board, you will find that is far from the consensus view, i.e. guys jumping levels at Iowa.

This is good and welcome news. He was as high as #13 P4P by some.

Whatever happened with the OU recruit from NJ. Santaniello?
Yeah, if you look at FLO's 2022 big board, in OCT' 2021 he was ranked #10 p4p. Final in May 2022 he was #33. All it takes at that level is a couple losses to slide from top 10 to 25+ in the rankings. The talent is certainly there.

I said this because he is going to have better partners to train with then at okst. Iron sharpens iron.
I doubt cael is that much of a better coach then the brands, but recruits love to go their to train in a room with elite talent right?
You can't be this dense?

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
I said this because he is going to have better partners to train with then at okst. Iron sharpens iron.
I doubt cael is that much of a better coach then the brands, but recruits love to go their to train in a room with elite talent right?
You can't be this dense?
I think Carl is a much better coach than the Brands; the titles alone speak for themselves. Here’s a few examples off the top of my head of head to head comparisons.
RBY/Desanto- Desanto beats him the first year they wrestle then RBY blows by him due to his one arm behind the back game plan. RBY’s teammates weren’t coming up with that game plan for him. Somehow brands and Desanto were never able to figure out how to capitalize on that. All the while Desanto had a much better training partner in Lee and Eirman.

Kerk/Cass- Cass beats him fairly easy the first couple times they wrestle and then Kerk slowly catches him and had now completely left Cass in his dust all the while Cass hasn’t evolved whatsoever from when he got here.

Evans/Brown/Kokesh/Storly/Perry- Early in their careers the matches were all coin flips. Out of high school Evans could ride the piss outta anyone; by the end of his career he couldn’t stay on the horse ya ride at the mall. He slowly but surely fell to the bottom of that pack of guys.

You can blame it on training partners all you want but at the end of the day whose fault is it that there’s a lack of good training partners? It falls on the coach to get good training partners in the room; so yes Cael is that much better of a coach and no someone going from John smiths wrestling room to ours isn’t gaining some huge advantage.

What I'm saying is Coleman was better than this guy. Granted they don't have anything at 184 before this guy, but it's still only a team with 2AAs.

Agree. Many have improved, but not everyone.

Teske certainly hasn't.

My guess is either Ayala or Teske won't be starting next fall.

And this might also be connected to the gambling investigation.

Now they need to find a 184.

Last edited:
My guess is either Ayala or Teske won't be starting next fall.

And this might also be connected to the gambling investigation.

Now they need to find a 184.

I don’t know about that. We had nothing behind Ayala until now and our successor for him also bailed on us (Jesuroga). But like I said, I don’t know.

Teske is a bit up in the air right now from what someone told me a few weeks back. Last year took a toll.

197 is a bigger need than 184.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT