ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa/Rutgers Dual Thread

Lee Fulhart, wins national championship and then goes 1-9 against Tim Hartung, Minnesota.

I have to remind myself Warner is a freshman.. I think he gets better in years to come when he gets past a few mental hurdles... and great turn by Warner!

Reactions: FarvaHawk14
Positive sign for Warner to push through the whole match with a bit more strength and shape.
Absolutely agree. Not a way you usually see him win a match. Adapting to top wrestling against a fair opp. Stayed in the handfight, rode tough and got the turn. Low risk, and let's remember, his ankle is likely not 100% by any means, could be hampering his offense if even in a lack of confidence.

Oh Sam is OK. Hope he doesn't trip on the edge of the mat and blow his knee out.
giphy.gif

Warner would have benefited so much from Gable on the mental side. He'll get there but Gable was just so amazing on that aspect with kids like Warner.

Reactions: Sandor45
When I see Warner wrestle, I swear I can see him being a little bummed when he makes a move like that roll where he would get back points in free but nothing in folk.

Direct TV shows a replay 2:30am Saturday, 4 1/2 hours from now, just in case of confusion or to much Alcohol.

Warner would have benefited so much from Gable on the mental side. He'll get there but Gable was just so amazing on that aspect with kids like Warner.

In his recent interview, Brands said Warner is not getting much mat time. He also missed the beginning of the year - probably injury, possibly illness. I believe it has been said that he has a lumbar strain - and it seems like he is wrestling like that could be true. He is a very athletic big guy with good leg attacks. You certainly have not seen that all year. I’m going with physical limitation and lack of being in top shape - not mental. Hoping we see the guy we saw last summer at UWW juniors in the BTs and Nationals.

Lee Fulhart, wins national championship and then goes 1-9 against Tim Hartung, Minnesota.
I believe your statement can be considered "grasping at straws". Puff that little chest with a rare Gopher high point.

Oh Mitchel
We're in your head... and you know it. We sense the jealousy. We sense the "wish we could be Iowa' in the comments. Personal attacks and name calling towards the Iowa coaches. Resentment that so many of the best Minnesota high schoolers cross the border to wrestle in Iowa City. Iowa pillaging the high schools in your State for the best wrestlers.

And now you have a new threat as Bono will do the same. And the Gopher response... hire an asst to be the HC because the AD is too lazy to do a national search.

Drug scandals, academic fraud, sexual assaults... Gopher athletics has em all covered. You are lucky the B1G has schools like PSU/MSUMaryland that are equally corrupt.

BTW: Just so everyone here knows...MnRodent was called out on his very own forum for calling an Iowa wrestler a derogatory name. What a piece of filthy shit!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT