ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

Its funny that an adult (I'm assuming) who only refers to ISU fans as "clowns" says "when ISU fans stop acting like clowns".

I have a 15 year old + 13 year old at home who are beyond this sort of mentality + name-calling.

Its funny, yet it is sad.

Its funny that an adult (I'm assuming) who only refers to ISU fans as "clowns" says "when ISU fans stop acting like clowns".

I have a 15 year old + 13 year old at home who are beyond this sort of mentality + name-calling.

Either he’s just not very bright or his hatred for everything ISU clouds his judgement. I’m guessing the former. His arguments never make any sense. Thus he has to resort to childish name-calling. Does he post anything on this site other than to take shots at ISU? It’s a shame adults can’t have a good natured discussion about sports. SPORTS.

When an isu fan goes on and on about how isu won 2 and 1/2 quarters of the Big 12 Championship game you have to laugh. Just like when many isu fans post their delusions on here. You have to laugh. The more you all post here the conclusion to reach is that all you want to do when you come here is to clown. But boy call you what you come here to do and isu fans lose it. You don’t want to come here and actually debate and discuss all you want to come here any try and convince us to ignore reality and accept your delusions.

Now tell me how throughout this thread what I described isn’t exactly what we have seen from isu fans .

Either he’s just not very bright or his hatred for everything ISU clouds his judgement. I’m guessing the former. His arguments never make any sense. Thus he has to resort to childish name-calling. Does he post anything on this site other than to take shots at ISU? It’s a shame adults can’t have a good natured discussion about sports. SPORTS.
No isu fan that post here wants to talk sports they want to tell us how awesome isu is if only we ignore reality. Then when we mock your delusions of grandeur you get pissy.

Why is ithat

"Clowns" is the nickname that most Iowans have for IA State fans. It is from the similar colors to McDonald's Restaurants. Their mascot is Ronald McDonald, a clown, who often dresses as if he is going to an IA State athletic event. It also explains why a lot of ex-IA State fans end up working there.

Anyone else hungry for some fries and a Big Mac?

;)

"Clowns" is the nickname that most Iowans have for IA State fans. It is from the similar colors to McDonald's Restaurants. Their mascot is Ronald McDonald, a clown, who often dresses as if he is going to an IA State athletic event. It also explains why a lot of ex-IA State fans end up working there.

;)
And there it is. Yup, just not very bright. I apologize, Herkyfan, if you are not an adult. It’s understandable if you are a child. You’ll mature and grow out of this. If you’re an adult..... just so sad.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
O no Iowa just got a transfer that scored more points per game than isu’s last several combined.

Now we have to wait for CyTwins to come with with the official talking points before we here from isu fans .

And there it is. Yup, just not very bright. I apologize, Herkyfan, if you are not an adult. It’s understandable if you are a child. You’ll mature and grow out of this. If you’re an adult..... just so sad.
So when will isu fans come here and post anything other than delusions of grandeur! When will isu fan post here where we don’t have to deny reality?

Are isu fans just all Trumpers and believe in “alternative facts”? If. not then quit like it.

So when will isu fans come here and post anything other than delusions of grandeur! When will isu fan post here where we don’t have to deny reality?

Are isu fans just all Trumpers and believe in “alternative facts”? If. not then quit like it.
Show me where I posted any “delusions of grandeur”? Tried to have a civil discussion with fellow adults and was instantly called names. Good luck Herkyfan. I hope you can find some peace but unfortunately I don’t see it happening.

Show me where I posted any “delusions of grandeur”? Tried to have a civil discussion with fellow adults and was instantly called names. Good luck Herkyfan. I hope you can find some peace but unfortunately I don’t see it happening.
So what do you want to talk about? Lonneyclown tried to tell us how isu won 2 and 1/2 quarters of the Big 12 title game. Is It Stender and others have tired to convince us TJ is awesome because he brought two transfers than couldn’t even combine for double figures in scoring .

Damn you...was just going to say that. Crickets all of a sudden from the pack of inbreds.
Another quality person. Had to resort to name-calling. Good pick-up by the Hawks. Results will show who the better transfer is. Maybe it is your guy but that’s a big leap to take at this point. I like the direction TJ is taking. Long ways to go though.

Another quality person. Had to resort to name-calling. Good pick-up by the Hawks. Results will show who the better transfer is. Maybe it is your guy but that’s a big leap to take at this point. I like the direction TJ is taking. Long ways to go though.
If you have a problem with “quality people” by all means run right over to cryclown fanatic and call out the “quality people” as shown by CyTwins and merry band of d-bags.

What is your handle over there? I want to be sure you get the prior credit. Or are you one of those isu fans that your admonishments are only for Hawk fans?

;)
Outside of this message board, I have never heard anyone refer to ISU alumni or fans as "Clowns".

Don't get out much, do you? Try mingling with Hawkeye fans, you might learn something.
🙂
I guess the Hawk fans I do associate with are decent enough to NOT resort to name-calling. Some good natured ribbing is fine, but the rude + malicious comments like "Clowns" and "TavernHoks" are simply a sign of immaturity. People like HerkyFan + CyTwins (who maybe the same person) give both fan bases a bad name.

I guess the Hawk fans I do associate with are decent enough to NOT resort to name-calling. Some good natured ribbing is fine, but the rude + malicious comments like "Clowns" and "TavernHoks" are simply a sign of immaturity. People like HerkyFan + CyTwins (who maybe the same person) give both fan bases a bad name.
If “clowns” really bothers you this much you need to be very, very careful with such thin skin.

Reactions: BBHawk
The thing about "Tavern Hawks" that always struck me as strange is that it's actually a good thing. It refers to fans who root for Iowa and wear all the gear but who couldn't find Iowa City with a GPS and a native guide. Having fans with no other tie to the school would seem to be a positive thing.

Reactions: Hkfan23
The thing about "Tavern Hawks" that always struck me as strange is that it's actually a good thing. It refers to fans who root for Iowa and wear all the gear but who couldn't find Iowa City with a GPS and a native guide. Having fans with no other tie to the school would seem to be a positive thing.
LC - great point. JFC how many Irish football fans went to ND or how many Blue Devil BB fans went to Duke?

You forfeited: https://www.weareiowa.com/article/s...ents/524-36495474-277e-4a1e-b2a9-bc7ca70a67bc

I know that's hard to comprehend.

It was hilarious when the Big 10 realized their mistake and came back to pay five or so games in empty stadiums. Way to man up.

But, I know it's hard to get 173 teams to come to a decision.

When do you think you'll play Ohio State? 2067?
Reading comprehension is so important at your age. I recommend you get help.
And BTW, the Buckeyes are ducking us.

Reactions: HerkyFan
There is an ignore function that works well.

Reactions: CyRail
Or.....fans that went to far better schools than these in state institutions but grew up an Iowa fan.

Stender - you and I have gone back and forth but I think generally we agree with good banter. I have surely crossed the line in the past. Many times. Stupidity on my part. And I apologize for it. I admit it and was wrong (not per se with you but some people on CF). It isn’t worth it. Anybody can spread lies and name call and it goes nowhere. Hell I think some Brandon guy called me “dumb as fok” just last week. Fine. We don’t even know each other. And maybe I am. And even though I don’t drink generally have had a couple slips I was called a “drunk, washed up lawyer.” Fine I am disagreeing with that overall but am human. But these boards should be to argue from your team’s perspective. Not personal. Ok off my soap box.

Hkfan23. We are good.

I am 100% fine with friendly banter. I am a big boy and can handle someone not agreeing with my opinion. It is the childish name-calling that kills me (mostly from, but not limited to, HerkyFan).

One thing I think we all can agree upon is that every fan base has its fair share of d-bags. I come here to kill time and share my opinion. Hopefully I provide a different perspective from time to time. It seems that others are simply looking to win a pissing contest. Fine, do as you please. I just wish people could be more civil to each other, both here and beyond. Life is too short.

It is funny that Pollard paid $10m for a coach with a losing record at a WAC school and clown fans think he is awesome. It must be all those NCAA tournament wins TJ had. Oh wait.

No Hawk fans are jealous of your new savior adding a whopping 9 points per game.

Lol you're the only person desperately trying to make this talking point stick. Most hawkeye fans understand the TJ hire love or hate ISU. ISU isn't in a position to get a top name coach so they have to go with someone that understands the culture.

There are plenty of example of a coach being hired for reasons reaching deeper than the pervious year's success and Ws/Ls. Chizik was 5-19 at Iowa State and won a natty at Auburn a couple years later.

If Pollard said 2+2 was 4 clown fans would hail it as the most brilliant statement in the history of AD’s. They then would go on and on for hundreds of posts about how great it is he is at isu.

No.
Clown fan can’t back up a clown fan delusion.

Enjoy paying $10m for a coach that has NEVER WON A TOURNAMENT GAME.

Yet is already beating Fran out for recruits ;)

Enjoy your day Jeffy.

Reactions: weeterkane
No.

Yet is already beating Fran out for recruits ;)

Enjoy your day Jeffy.
Pollard says 2+2 is 4 and clown fans hail it as the most amazing thing from an AD in the history of the NCAA ten post thousands of times on cryclown fanatic how lucky isu is to have him.

Hey Is It can you think for yourself or do you just follow the lead of CyTwins?

Enjoy your clown fan delusions today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT