ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

Lol you're the only person desperately trying to make this talking point stick. Most hawkeye fans understand the TJ hire love or hate ISU. ISU isn't in a position to get a top name coach so they have to go with someone that understands the culture.

There are plenty of example of a coach being hired for reasons reaching deeper than the pervious year's success and Ws/Ls. Chizik was 5-19 at Iowa State and won a natty at Auburn a couple years later.
I am not trying to make any talking point stick I am just posting the facts.

Pollard spent $10m to get a coach with ZERO NCAA TOURNAMENT WINS and clown fans hail him as the second coming and gods gift to us for AD’s.

Do you want some links? I have lots and lots of links if that helps to support my argument. Just ask and I will happily reply.

Reactions: ThisHawks4u
Stender - you and I have gone back and forth but I think generally we agree with good banter. I have surely crossed the line in the past. Many times. Stupidity on my part. And I apologize for it. I admit it and was wrong (not per se with you but some people on CF). It isn’t worth it. Anybody can spread lies and name call and it goes nowhere. Hell I think some Brandon guy called me “dumb as fok” just last week. Fine. We don’t even know each other. And maybe I am. And even though I don’t drink generally have had a couple slips I was called a “drunk, washed up lawyer.” Fine I am disagreeing with that overall but am human. But these boards should be to argue from your team’s perspective. Not personal. Ok off my soap box.
Hkfan23. We are good.

I am 100% fine with friendly banter. I am a big boy and can handle someone not agreeing with my opinion. It is the childish name-calling that kills me (mostly from, but not limited to, HerkyFan).

One thing I think we all can agree upon is that every fan base has its fair share of d-bags. I come here to kill time and share my opinion. Hopefully I provide a different perspective from time to time. It seems that others are simply looking to win a pissing contest. Fine, do as you please. I just wish people could be more civil to each other, both here and beyond. Life is too short.
Sounds good buddy. And I will be the first to admit I overacted to certain posts/people on CF. Especially when it came to Arland Bruce since watched the lie and continued lies firsthand with the the Bruce, Brecht and Johnson families and also the Ankeny coaches (one who played for ISU) who confirmed Twins lied. and has continued to lie. But that is my bad for being drawn into message board lies. And don’t like me personally or my family drawn in. But that was my fault for responding without knowing people would go that personal. Trolls kinda suck but opinions are great. Even if I disagree. And I for one appreciate you, LC and Mesa for banter. It is the proverbial rabbit hole with trolls and name calling that sucks. Not worth it. Continue on and I will banter pal.

Sounds good buddy. And I will be the first to admit I overacted to certain posts/people on CF. Especially when it came to Arland Bruce since watched the lie and continued lies firsthand with the the Bruce, Brecht and Johnson families and also the Ankeny coaches (one who played for ISU) who confirmed Twins lied. and has continued to lie. But that is my bad for being drawn into message board lies. And don’t like me personally or my family drawn in. But that was my fault for responding without knowing people would go that personal. Trolls kinda suck but opinions are great. Even if I disagree. And I for one appreciate you, LC and Mesa for banter. It is the proverbial rabbit hole with trolls and name calling that sucks. Not worth it. Continue on and I will banter pal.

"But these boards should be to argue from your team’s perspective. Not personal. Ok off my soap box."

This aged well. I thought there was hope. :(

It would be much easier if so many of you guys weren't such assholes.:)
Nice to see isu class has returned. Have you those t-shirts that anoint the clowns winners of 2 and 1/2 quarters of the Big 12 Title game?
Let me know as I definitely want one.

Pollard spent $10m to get a coach with ZERO NCAA TOURNAMENT WINS and clown fans hail him as the second coming and gods gift to us for AD’s.

Do you want some links? I have lots and lots of links if that helps to support my argument. Just ask and I will happily reply.

Whatever you have to tell yourself to feel better than this person with a losing record last year and no NCAA tourney wins is already out recruiting mad Fran.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
"But these boards should be to argue from your team’s perspective. Not personal. Ok off my soap box."

This aged well. I thought there was hope. :(
Um was. I didn’t attack nor will I anyone especially with a name. I am calloused up and don’t care what Clone fans call me. Not sure your issue with me is CID but do not care. Have a good night.

CID -I will say out of all the posts and all the sentences you pick one of mine and try to turn it. Just stop. I have.

Whatever you have to tell yourself to feel better than this person with a losing record last year and no NCAA tourney wins is already out recruiting mad Fran.
Because clown fan says so. I better be careful though clown fans are very sensitive about the term “clowns”. Don’t want them to get an injury with such thin skin.

Last edited:
It would be much easier if so many of you guys weren't such assholes.:)
The problem is that he can’t let go off what cf and those a**holes did to him. I wouldn’t give people like that the time of day but he has to regurgitate it like it’s part of his therapy.

Hkfan23. We are good.

I am 100% fine with friendly banter. I am a big boy and can handle someone not agreeing with my opinion. It is the childish name-calling that kills me (mostly from, but not limited to, HerkyFan).

One thing I think we all can agree upon is that every fan base has its fair share of d-bags. I come here to kill time and share my opinion. Hopefully I provide a different perspective from time to time. It seems that others are simply looking to win a pissing contest. Fine, do as you please. I just wish people could be more civil to each other, both here and beyond. Life is too short.
I want to make sure I have this right. Isu fans lose it when they are called clown fans but are just A OK calling Iowa Coaches “Racists”?

Now if I do have this wrong and that isn’t OK for isu fans then I expect you will be calling out each and every post on cryclown fanatic. You seem to be fine with telling me what terminology I can and can’t use when describing isu fans so it begs the question if you will do the same with your fan base. Do you want me to link these post for you or can you find them on your own? They are right there in plain sight.

Good luck

Last edited:
ISU fans be like...

8d2f1479bc033531139467585cdb1fbf.17.jpg

Now run back to cryclown fanatic and tell your hero CyTwins how you stuck it to big bro.
Don't ever accuse me of being a clown fan. Cmac shouldn't be playing ever. That doesn't mean I'm a clown fan. I don't know Cytwins but have read enough to know he's a worthless loser.

Ok, since you are in retread mode posting the same thing every single day, sometimes two, three, four times: I'll help you out here--

What would you have done different if you were Jamie?

Simple question for someone who is so critical.

Ok, since you are in retread mode posting the same thing every single day, sometimes two, three, four times: I'll help you out here--

I am not here to tell Pollard what to do. I do enjoy mocking clown fans who make the claim Fran sucks when isu’s newest savior has NEVER WON A NCAA TOURNAMENT game .

Laughing at how clown fans behave never gets old. I am surprised though just how willing you all are to keep coming back for more.

I am not here to tell Pollard what to do. I do enjoy mocking clown fans who make the claim Fran sucks when isu’s newest savior has NEVER WON A NCAA TOURNAMENT game .

Laughing at how clown fans behave never gets old. I am surprised though just how willing you all are to keep coming back for more.
So, you have no answer...

In other words, you're making a statement that you will not and can not defend.

Interesting.

Reactions: David1979

How about having an actual coaching search instead of just hiring his buddy?

Reactions: HerkyFan
So, you have no answer...

In other words, you're making a statement that you will not and can not defend.

Interesting.
He is just a freaking troll.
I think Pollard made the right move. You couldn't keep Prohm another year and I from reading what Otzelberger has to say about his plan I think it sounds good. Now he just has to execute it.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk and CyRail

Hire Archie Miller, or Pitino, or Moser, or Alexander, or Pope, or .......

Hire Archie Miller, or Pitino, or Moser, or Alexander, or Pope, or .......

The funny thing is CF had a hot board of coaching candidates and had a bunch of unrealistic options like they had a legit chance of landing them. 2 days later and Otz is hired without any search at all.

The funny thing is CF had a hot board of coaching candidates and had a bunch of unrealistic options like they had a legit chance of landing them. 2 days later and Otz is hired without any search at all.

Obviously Jamie likes TJ. He tried to hire him back when he hired Prohm, but Leath vetoed the idea.

Time will tell. It's easy to throw out a bunch of names and think that they are fits. They may not be interested. There may be baggage (Pitino). Price may be too high. References weren't strong. Or a multitude of reasons.

To say there wasn't a search is ludicrous. Jamie's known since probably the end of January that a change was going to be made (unless things drastically turned around). And, seemingly, TJ was his first choice.

I personally like the hire (I was a bit skeptical at first, but I like what I've seen), but there's not anyone on here that knows if it's going to work or not...just like nobody knew if Kirk or Fran was going to work out.

Jamie's done a good job at ISU from where he started. I'm fine trusting him with this decision.

Obviously Jamie likes TJ. He tried to hire him back when he hired Prohm, but Leath vetoed the idea.

Time will tell. It's easy to throw out a bunch of names and think that they are fits. They may not be interested. There may be baggage (Pitino). Price may be too high. References weren't strong. Or a multitude of reasons.

To say there wasn't a search is ludicrous. Jamie's known since probably the end of January that a change was going to be made (unless things drastically turned around). And, seemingly, TJ was his first choice.

I personally like the hire (I was a bit skeptical at first, but I like what I've seen), but there's not anyone on here that knows if it's going to work or not...just like nobody knew if Kirk or Fran was going to work out.

Jamie's done a good job at ISU from where he started. I'm fine trusting him with this decision.

How can you be thrilled with a coach that is under .500 in the MWC that was hired within a week after Prohm was fired?

Flops:

Rhoads
Chizik
Jackson
McDermott
Prohm

Home Runs:

Campbell
Hoiberg

TBD:

Dresser

I am thrilled he got to hire another ISU coach.

Reactions: HerkyFan
How can you be thrilled with a coach that is under .500 in the MWC that was hired within a week after Prohm was fired?

Flops:

Rhoads
Chizik
Jackson
McDermott
Prohm

Home Runs:

Campbell
Hoiberg

TBD:

Dresser

I am thrilled he got to hire another ISU coach.
A) Not sure how you got "thrilled" out of my reply, but whatever.
B) He was second in MWC his first year. His second year (this past year) had a completely retooled roster and was shut down early on for a lengthy period by COVID.
C) Post season play each of his three seasons at South Dakota State, including two first place finishes.

Again, I'll ask--who would you have hired if you were in Jamie's spot? TJ loves ISU, as does his wife. Not so bad having a coach who wants to be there.

B) He was second in MWC his first year. His second year (this past year) had a completely retooled roster and was shut down early on for a lengthy period by COVID.
C) Post season play each of his three seasons at South Dakota State, including two first place finishes.

Again, I'll ask--who would you have hired if you were in Jamie's spot? TJ loves ISU, as does his wife. Not so bad having a coach who wants to be there.

Who did Jamie talk to or inquire about prior to hiring Otz?

So would you say ISU had to "forfeit" their hiring process in order to bring in a guy with less success?

So would you say ISU had to "forfeit" their hiring process in order to bring in a guy with less success?

Not at all.

"Less success"...than what?

TJ was a stud recruiter at ISU...I probably would put him up against any coach in the company in that regard.

How would I be privy to that information? And if I was, do you think I'd share it here?

Stuff like that leaks all the time during coaching searches.

It's not out there because Otz was his guy from the start. He didnt go through the search process and hired his buddy.

Stuff like that leaks all the time during coaching searches.

It's not out there because Otz was his guy from the start. He didnt go through the search process and hired his buddy.

Well since "stuff likes this leaks all the time", show the proof that he didn't go through the search process.

In reality, you have no clue what process Jamie went through, but I'm listening.

Well since "stuff likes this leaks all the time", show the proof that he didn't go through the search process.

In reality, you have no clue what process Jamie went through, but I'm listening.

There were no leaks. Just a video from Pollard saying they would go through the process and then another video 2, maybe 3, days later with him wearing the same shirt announcing the hiring of Otz.

There were no leaks. Just a video from Pollard saying they would go through the process and then another video 2, maybe 3, days later with him wearing the same shirt announcing the hiring of Otz.

I'll give you the timing of the video. That was a bit strange.

But I do feel confident that Jamie had done his homework throughout the second half of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT