ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

TJ wanted to be in Ames - as well as his wife. That counts for a lot. He is a proven recruiter in the upper Midwest. That counts for a lot. The big question is player development + coaching. Time will tell on the coaching, but he seems to be doing a good job so far with getting players.

We’ll see if he can keep his drinking under control this time.

• Haha
Reactions: TrianglePlace
TJ wanted to be in Ames - as well as his wife. That counts for a lot. He is a proven recruiter in the upper Midwest. That counts for a lot. The big question is player development + coaching. Time will tell on the coaching, but he seems to be doing a good job so far with getting players.
I think he will probably do well at ISU. I have no clue if he can coach a lick but he can recruit. And wanting to be someplace is huge. I always considered ISU football a “stepping stone” type job (MC may prove me wrong) but ISU basketball a more permanent type job. Where if you do well you aren’t looking to leave (unless for the NBA in Floyd and Fred’s cases).

I think he will probably do well at ISU. I have no clue if he can coach a lick but he can recruit. And wanting to be someplace is huge. I always considered ISU football a “stepping stone” type job (MC may prove me wrong) but ISU basketball a more permanent type job. Where if you do well you aren’t looking to leave (unless for the NBA in Floyd and Fred’s cases).

It's pretty hard to get fired as ISU basketball coach. Orr only won about 40% of his Big 8 games there and they built a statue for him.

Every fan base has their fair share of morons, racist or otherwise. When someone labels ISU as "most racist" it is an unfair characterization. ISU, Iowa, and hundreds of other schools all have a subset of "fans" who are racist. Sadly, this is the world we live in.

I still maintain Akrum Wadley was quickly dismissed because he dare spoke out against Iowa FB, and some (not all) of Iowa fans quickly labeled CJ a traitor for (heaven forbid) seek a different place to play.

You think the sole reason Akrum was dismissed was because he spoke out against the football program and nothing else?

You think the sole reason Akrum was dismissed was because he spoke out against the football program and nothing else?
In the world of clown fans anything that doesn’t fit the delusions of their fan base are dismissed out of hand and ignored. I have yet to see a single clown fan with a response to the facts that Wadley defrauded Iowa fans in November/December 2019 or that Wadley was seeking and gained KF’s assistance in obtaining a tryout with a spring team in March/April of 2020.

Are we suppose to ignore all of this just so clown fans can keep their delusion alive that Wadley thinks KF is a “racist”? Stender will have an explanation for this I’m sure.

Hey Stender while you are explaining things for us maybe you can tell us why isu fans get so upset by being called a “clown” but are A OK with calling Iowa Coaches “racists”? Do as you say and not as you do?

Last edited:
It's pretty hard to get fired as ISU basketball coach. Orr only won about 40% of his Big 8 games there and they built a statue for him.
Johnny played a run and gun style of ball people loved, won enough big games at home, and made it to the NCAAs more than all other coaches after the second trip. He was a larger than life character who made it fun, and isn’t that really what matters? His 218-200 record was tilted by the first three tough years.

Last edited:
Johnny played a run and gun style of ball people loved, won enough big games at home, and made it to the NCAAs more than all other coaches after the second trip. And he was a character. He made it fun. The 218-200 record was titled by the first three tough years.

218-200 and clown fans think it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Why would anyone laugh at that?

Johnny played a run and gun style of ball people loved, won enough big games at home, and made it to the NCAAs more than all other coaches after the second trip. And he was a character. He made it fun. His 218-200 record was titled by the first three tough years.

Nothing I said was wrong. He won 40% of his conference games and has a statue in his honor. 18 games over .500 in 14 seasons for a major conference coach isn't a point to brag about.

He finished under .500 in almost half of the season he coached at ISU.

Reactions: HerkyFan
Nothing I said was wrong. He won 40% of his conference games and has a statue in his honor. 18 games over .500 in 14 seasons for a major conference coach isn't a point to brag about.

I didn’t say you were wrong. No one brags about his record. It is surprising to most Cyclones how pedestrian it is despite knowing how bad his Big 8 road record was. Still, we love the guy.

I didn’t say you were wrong. No one brags about his record. It is surprising to most Cyclones how pedestrian it is despite knowing how bad his Big 8 road record was. Still, we love the guy.

All because he hated Iowa and is credited with creating some make believe magic.

All because he hated Iowa and is credited with creating some make believe magic.
He loved to poke fun at Nebraska’s “dead dog” fans too. Every comedian needs a dupe. Iowa was an obvious choice, especially with his background at Michigan. And Hilton Magic’s not real?

He loved to poke fun at Nebraska’s “dead dog” fans too. Every comedian needs a dupe. Iowa was an obvious choice, especially with his background at Michigan. And Hilton Magic’s not real?

No, I hate to break it to you but Hilton Magic is not real. Isn't it weird how the "magic" seems to come and go as the talent on ISU changes?

Good team, mOaR mAgIc!

Bad team, WhAr MaGiC?

Calling Iowa FB coaches racist is based upon the 50+ former FB players who shared their experiences at Iowa. It was very clear Iowa FB coaches treated African-American players differently (if not worse) than their teammates.

If you were not bothered by what you heard, you a part of the problem.

Calling ISU alumni + fans "clowns" is simply juvenile.

Reactions: CyRail
Calling Iowa FB coaches racist is based upon the 50+ former FB players who shared their experiences at Iowa. It was very clear Iowa FB coaches treated African-American players differently (if not worse) than their teammates.

If you were not bothered by what you heard, you a part of the problem.

Calling ISU alumni + fans "clowns" is simply juvenile.
Thin skin clown fan is back.

None of the 50+’players clown fans talk about actually said KF or other coaches were “racists”. Link that says otherwise?

Or is this yet another example where we must interpret things only the way clown fans insist?

Reactions: ThisHawks4u
It really didn't matter what I wrote there - HerkyFan (aka CyTwins) would've responded the same way. I guess if I had said, "Yes, HerkyFan you are right about this (and everything else)" he may not have said anything.

Now there is an idea!

It really didn't matter what I wrote there - HerkyFan (aka CyTwins) would've responded the same way. I guess if I had said, "Yes, HerkyFan you are right about this (and everything else)" he may not have said anything.

Now there is an idea!
So no link? We must accept what clown fans say because they say so.

Now there is an idea!
Stander - Herky is not Twins cause while Herky knows a lot about Iowa he can’t spit out in 24 seconds a third string player’s FT percentage or a back-up punter’s high school stats. That is Twins. I guarantee if you went to CF at any time of the day or night and posted something Hawk related Twins would have an anti-Hawk stat posted within 3 minutes. Hell he posts at midnight, 3 am, and then really gets started at 6 am for the day. The guy is a machine. Herky is good not that good.

Stander - Herky is not Twins cause while Herky knows a lot about Iowa he can’t spit out in 24 seconds a third string player’s FT percentage or a back-up punter’s high school stats. That is Twins. I guarantee if you went to CF at any time of the day or night and posted something Hawk related Twins would have an anti-Hawk stat posted within 3 minutes. Hell he posts at midnight, 3 am, and then really gets started at 6 am for the day. The guy is a machine. Herky is good not that good.
Nope Stender won’t buy the obvious.

LOL

This thread might have the most win per post of any thread in the history of this board save the Mulva thread.

Johnny played a run and gun style of ball people loved, won enough big games at home, and made it to the NCAAs more than all other coaches after the second trip. He was a larger than life character who made it fun, and isn’t that really what matters? His 218-200 record was tilted by the first three tough years.

"character"... I love euphemisms

Johnny Orr is my favorite non Iowa coach. He wasn’t the winningest coach but for me most respected & funniest, which was always the best part.
I need to qualify that; Johnny was outspoken but often able to channel his angst through his sense of humor.

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy

Johnny didn't hate Iowa at all. Heck he was in ads with Iowa coaches. Johnny was somebody who loved having a good time and did his best to make everything fun. The record isn't great but at this point who cares. This stuff is why ISU fans loved Johnny.

Johnny Orr is my favorite non Iowa coach. He wasn’t the winningest coach but for me most respected & funniest, which was always the best part.
I need to qualify that; Johnny was outspoken but often able to channel his angst through his sense of humor.
On the Johnny Orr Show one week, Pete Taylor asked about the way a close loss was called. Johnny said, “I’m not allowed to comment on the refs, but my wife thought it was the worst job of officiating she’d ever seen!“

On the Johnny Orr Show one week, Pete Taylor asked about the way a close loss was called. Johnny said, “I’m not allowed to comment on the refs, but my wife thought it was the worst job of officiating she’d ever seen!“
Holy crap spit my coffee out again. Reminds me of an ex-GF oh never mind. Orr was a great character. I will say when it came to language he made Booby Knight sound like a nun.

Can we get back to making fun of all the ISU fans who were so hyped about their team this past year? Thanks.

You may want to check with the poster that said ISU had a better roster 2-12 than Iowa. They were conspicuous by there absence as the season moved on.

Another offseason, same shit from ISU basketball fans.

They think Otz has built a much better roster than what they had last season.

Two conference seasons over .500 in 14 years. 3 NCAA tournament wins in 14 years. I admit I did like the guy.

How many people here remember the night Orr brought in his Michigan team to the Fieldhouse and set up a mock picnic setting in front of their bench symbolizing how easy it was for Michigan to come to Iowa City and win? Even I got a chuckle out of that one. Not sure Lute did, however.

• Haha
Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
Another offseason, same shit from ISU basketball fans.

They think Otz has built a much better roster than what they had last season.
Teams that are as bad as ISU always have fans that feel they are only a player or two from being competitive.

It's hard for that program to be worse than they were last season. In that respect, Oodleberger is in a good spot. 6-8 wins next year will be considered an improvement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT