ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

His offensive rating is higher than any player Iowa has returning other than JBo. He wasn't inefficient. Not a good shooter, sure, but he's just fine on an efficiency level.

When TJ was hired I said he needed to basically replace the entire roster. He's basically done it. Is it a perfect roster? Absolutely not, but they'll be competitive next year.
Can you quantify competitive in your eyes? We know it will be better.

His offensive rating is higher than any player Iowa has returning other than JBo. He wasn't inefficient. Not a good shooter, sure, but he's just fine on an efficiency level.

When TJ was hired I said he needed to basically replace the entire roster. He's basically done it. Is it a perfect roster? Absolutely not, but they'll be competitive next year.

What do you mean by competitive? They have one of the worst 2-3 rosters in the conference and the worst coach in the Big 12. I will go on record saying ISU will not win more than 4 conference games next season.

Back on topic.....

ISU got better today with Brockington transfer. TJ is doing exactly what he needs to do - acquire talent. Like I have said before, time will tell on the coaching + player development aspect - but getting players is the main thing. He is using the transfer portal to his advantage. Over time, I don't think they will rely on it as much, but this year it made a lot of sense to go this route.

I'm sure some (one in particular) will have a not-so-original comment about ISU -and that's fine. Fire away. Its obvious that TJ will get ISU bball competitive again sooner rather than later.

How much talent is actually on the roster though? I am not sure how rare this is but I can't imagine it is a good sign:

ISU has zero players on their roster that have received any type of all conference recognition (all conference, all freshmen team, all conference defensive team).

All you have to do is go back to the threads after your Final 4, I mean second round, loss to Oregon.

There's where you'll have some entertainment from so called "fans".

And, that was the moment the quips about Oregon ceased.

Hilarious that school ended your fantasial title hopes.
Hilarious that Hampton and UAB ended isu’s delusions of grandeur’s. Love seeing that come up each year in the tournament.

I don't think any ISU fan truly believes the Cyclone FB team is in the same league as Alabama, Clemson, OSU, etc. It is beyond amazing to "in the conversation", but none of my Cyclone friends + colleagues think its realistic. It's possible, but VERY unlikely.

Playing in Big 12 title game and winning it this year is more likely + more attainable.

As for the basketball team, "competitive" is subjective + its hard to quantify how well they will do next year. For now (May 6th), I think its fair to be optimistic and look forward to the bball season. The naysayers on this board (one in particular) will make snide comments about last year's team + how 3 wins is an improvement. That's fine. TJ has ISU moving in the right direction. Not every school is moving in that direction.

Time will tell...

Sure but isu is in a pool all by itself.

Hey Cy got railed, when the clown football team fails to reach the CFP this year like clown fans say they will will you come back and laugh at them or run away and hide?
Actually, myself, I think there's some overhype right now, so I'm not getting all hyped up about things. It's a long season, and we have a history of slow starts. I'll need to be shown that we can get out of the gate vs. UNI and you guys, and then on the road at UNLV before I set any expectations.

Challenge to you: Cut the crap with the word Clown. You demean the Hawkeye fan base, many who are very good people.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
Actually, myself, I think there's some overhype right now, so I'm not getting all hyped up about things. It's a long season, and we have a history of slow starts. I'll need to be shown that we can get out of the gate vs. UNI and you guys, and then on the road at UNLV before I set any expectations.

Challenge to you: Cut the crap with the word Clown. You demean the Hawkeye fan base, many who are very good people.

I tell you what I will quit calling isu fans clowns once they quit calling Iowa coaches “racists”. You have a large task ahead of yourself cy got railed.

Start with cryclown fanatic.

Good luck.

I don't think any ISU fan truly believes the Cyclone FB team is in the same league as Alabama, Clemson, OSU, etc. It is beyond amazing to "in the conversation", but none of my Cyclone friends + colleagues think its realistic. It's possible, but VERY unlikely.

Playing in Big 12 title game and winning it this year is more likely + more attainable.

As for the basketball team, "competitive" is subjective + its hard to quantify how well they will do next year. For now (May 6th), I think its fair to be optimistic and look forward to the bball season. The naysayers on this board (one in particular) will make snide comments about last year's team + how 3 wins is an improvement. That's fine. TJ has ISU moving in the right direction. Not every school is moving in that direction.

Time will tell...

TJ is no different than any of the past saviors. They all were moving isu in the right direction. Even Prohm was last year at this point.

I tell you what I will quit calling isu fans clowns once they quit calling Iowa coaches “racists”. You have a large task ahead of yourself cy got railed.

Start with cryclown fanatic.

Good luck.
Or, you could just take the high road...and actually try to have civil discussions as others will do on here.

Or, you could just take the high road...and actually try to have civil discussions as others will do on here.
Clown fans don’t want to come here and have civil discussions. They come here and want Iowa fans to deny reality and buy into their delusions 100%. When we don’t and mock the delusions they completely lose it.

Now this is funny clown fan wants me to take the high road and ignore when clown fans call Iowa coaches “racists” but then loses his mind when his thin skin can’t handle being called a “clown”.

Cant even make this up. But do keep coming here and telling Iowa fans how to act and behave when refusing to even acknowledge the wide ranging behavior of the isu fan base.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: weeterkane
Believe me, losing my mind over this board is the furthest thing I'll ever lose my mind on.

I'm here for entertainment purposes only.

Don't think people like you do anything but give me a laugh.
I am here for entertainment purposes as well. The reality and delusions of grandeur that clown fans demand we discuss on their terms and their terms alone is high entertainment indeed.

Please, pretty please keep posting and validating the stereotype that isu fans are nothing but clowns.

This is rich coming from you after the meltdown you had yesterday all because I said Orr was barely over .500 as ISU coach and won just over 40% of his Big 8 games.

Reactions: HerkyFan
This is rich coming from you after the meltdown you had yesterday all because I said Orr was barely over .500 as ISU coach and won just over 40% of his Big 8 games.
This is the denial of reality and delusions of grandeur that afflict the isu fan base. Orr is a god because they say so. Any data that shows otherwise doesn’t count and must be ignored.

Just how clown fans roll. They don’t want to have discussions they want Iowa fans to accept their delusions at face value and ignore anything that says otherwise.

I am not sure where Iowa would put all the statues if they were to honor all the coaches that had the results of Johnny Orr.

What do you mean by competitive? They have one of the worst 2-3 rosters in the conference and the worst coach in the Big 12. I will go on record saying ISU will not win more than 4 conference games next season.

ISU was regularly getting beaten by 20-30 points and were out of many games within the first five minutes last season. I don't think that will happen very often this year if at all. That's all I mean by competitive, I still think they win between 10-15 games.

How much talent is actually on the roster though? I am not sure how rare this is but I can't imagine it is a good sign:

ISU has zero players on their roster that have received any type of all conference recognition (all conference, all freshmen team, all conference defensive team).

Historically when ISU makes the tournament they need two all-conference players and a good supporting cast around them. I don't see that this season. There are a lot of solid players now but I'm not seeing a few stars which ISU needs. I'm hoping that Foster and Hunter develop this season and can become those types of players in the future.

I hate to hijack this little lovefest, but I have to admit, I think Brockington was a nice pick up for them. Pretty decent player who's numbers improved every year. Still, 2-22 is a pretty deep ditch to dig out of.

Brockington will probably be their best player next season.

They have to replace 4 of their top 5 scorers from last season and are doing it with a bunch of guys that have played a ton of basketball (Grill, Kalscheur, Hinson, Brockington) and never earned any accolades.

Or they are counting on unproven guys that were ranked high by recruiting sites (Foster, Hunter, Enarmaumamu).

Or they are depending on their guys who have sucked to develop finally (Jackson, Johnson, Conditt, Walker).

• Haha
Reactions: weeterkane
@weeterkane try and jump in on the discussion instead of just using the laugh button. If you had an argument to refute anything I am saying you would have posted it by now.

Otz is just replacing bad players with players that seem to be as bad if not worse.

God I hope the two of you aren't married.

Damn, I'd feel sorry for your wives and kids.

"Or, you could just take the high road...and actually try to have civil discussions as others will do on here."

2nd post after being condescending goes personal.......... do as I say, not as I do in full effect here.
Solid effort, for you.

I've just finally decided for the most part this site is the definition of TavernHawk'ville.

Living out of state, I've heard about it...now I can say over the past couple of months stopping in from time to time, I've actually experienced it.

There's a reason practically every Big 10 fan base says Hawk fans are the worst.
...and yet again no response from clown fan about how clown fans are on cryclown fanatic.

Do as clown fans say not as clown fans do. I suggest to all schools in the Texas Ten to leave your marching band at home and far away from Ames unless you want them to be assaulted. It is all part of the isu 5 star culture.

I've just finally decided for the most part this site is the definition of TavernHawk'ville.

Living out of state, I've heard about it...now I can say over the past couple of months stopping in from time to time, I've actually experienced it.

There's a reason practically every Big 10 fan base says Hawk fans are the worst.

Don’t condemn the site based on Herkyfan and his small following. Imagine how sad their lives must be. Don’t hate them - pity them and anybody that are part of their Iowa State hating obsessed lives. Put them on ignore and interact with the reasonable posters.

Don’t condemn the site based on Herkyfan and his small following. Imagine how sad their lives must be. Don’t hate them - pity them and anybody that are part of their Iowa State hating obsessed lives. Put them on ignore and interact with the reasonable posters.
Are clown fans on cryclown fanatic “reasonable” or just the 5 star isu, Iowa Hating culture we keep hearing about?

Maybe this clown fan can answer what appears to be a massively difficult question for clown fans.

Start with this thread.

isu 5 Star culture

Last edited:

Thank you, good idea...and done.

Life just got nicer.

Thank you, good idea...and done.

Life just got nicer.
Wait your life got nicer because you want to ignore posts on an Iowa site? YIKES.

For some odd reason clown fans sure do want us to ignore cyclone fanatic. Wonder why that is? You would think they would puff out their chest with pride over how they post on the “Country Club for isu fans”.

Last edited:
ISU was regularly getting beaten by 20-30 points and were out of many games within the first five minutes last season. I don't think that will happen very often this year if at all. That's all I mean by competitive, I still think they win between 10-15 games.

Historically when ISU makes the tournament they need two all-conference players and a good supporting cast around them. I don't see that this season. There are a lot of solid players now but I'm not seeing a few stars which ISU needs. I'm hoping that Foster and Hunter develop this season and can become those types of players in the future.
Hold on a second. ISU was competitive in most of its games last season. Blown out a few times, to be sure, but both Baylor games, all three Oklahoma games and a few others were still within striking range in the final few minutes.

I'm not trying to put lipstick on a pig. It was a pig of a season. But I've seen worse teams, although not teams with worse records.

Reactions: Psyclone
Brockington will probably be their best player next season.

They have to replace 4 of their top 5 scorers from last season and are doing it with a bunch of guys that have played a ton of basketball (Grill, Kalscheur, Hinson, Brockington) and never earned any accolades.

Or they are counting on unproven guys that were ranked high by recruiting sites (Foster, Hunter, Enarmaumamu).

Or they are depending on their guys who have sucked to develop finally (Jackson, Johnson, Conditt, Walker).

What I don't get is the "never earned any accolades" thing. The only thing I care about is if a guy is all conference. I really don't care if they are all defensive or all freshman. Iowa has one guy who has been all conference, and that's JBo who was 3rd team once. ISU has zero. To me that's sort of inconsequential.

What I don't get is the "never earned any accolades" thing. The only thing I care about is if a guy is all conference. I really don't care if they are all defensive or all freshman. Iowa has one guy who has been all conference, and that's JBo who was 3rd team once. ISU has zero. To me that's sort of inconsequential.
Wow. Just wow.

Hold on a second. ISU was competitive in most of its games last season. Blown out a few times, to be sure, but both Baylor games, all three Oklahoma games and a few others were still within striking range in the final few minutes.

I'm not trying to put lipstick on a pig. It was a pig of a season. But I've seen worse teams, although not teams with worse records.

ISU played 21 games against high major teams last year games last year.

They lost all of them.

12 of them were losses by 10 or more points.

6 of those losses were by 20 or more points.

This was not a competitive team. There isn't a team in my memory that was worse but you're definitely older than me.

There is one guy on the Iowa roster with one 3rd team All Conference award. Doesn't exactly blow my hair back. Guys making the All freshman team don't necessarily propel teams to the tournament.
Aren't you forgetting someone? Or are you talking about returning players? If that's the case, odds are pretty effing good that Keegan will be on some preseason teams. He's already on draft lists.

There is one guy on the Iowa roster with one 3rd team All Conference award. Doesn't exactly blow my hair back. Guys making the All freshman team don't necessarily propel teams to the tournament.
Guys who score 7 points against the Hawks don’t propel teams to a .500 record.

YIKES

Bohannon has been 3rd team and honorable mention twice. There isn't a guy on the ISU roster that has earned honorable mention recognition anywhere and that includes the transfers Otz has taken from mid or low majors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT