ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

There is one guy on the Iowa roster with one 3rd team All Conference award. Doesn't exactly blow my hair back. Guys making the All freshman team don't necessarily propel teams to the tournament.
I was proud of you for fighting off the ISU douchiness that is just embedded in every fan, but you finally fell victim. It's too bad, you were doing good. How any fan of a 2 win team could go to someone else's board and feel the need to talk sh**, is just legendary douche status. I don't get it, I'd be anywhere else in the world if Iowa just had your season.

What I don't get is the "never earned any accolades" thing. The only thing I care about is if a guy is all conference. I really don't care if they are all defensive or all freshman. Iowa has one guy who has been all conference, and that's JBo who was 3rd team once. ISU has zero. To me that's sort of inconsequential.
And I don't expect any ISU players to rise to All Conference next year, or heck even second team All Conference. Maybe a third teamer.

For us to be successful, we'll need some players to exceed expectations...which isn't unheard of.

And, we'll need team play, which I do expect under TJ.

Our coaching flat out sucked the past couple of years, at least IMO. Terrible inbound plays in crucial situations. Terrible plays at end of half/games. Terrible timeouts when we had momentum. One on one efforts far too often. Shot clock running out and heaving a shot. Outrebounded.

I have to believe each of those areas will improve next season under TJ. Those alone should be good for 6-8 W's. Throw in what I believe is an improved roster, and we'll see 10-12 W improvement.

Time will tell.

And I don't expect any ISU players to rise to All Conference next year, or heck even second team All Conference. Maybe a third teamer.

For us to be successful, we'll need some players to exceed expectations...which isn't unheard of.

Our coaching flat out sucked the past couple of years, at least IMO. Terrible inbound plays in crucial situations. Terrible plays at end of half/games. Terrible timeouts when we had momentum. One on one efforts far too often. Shot clock running out and heaving a shot. Outrebounded.

I have to believe each of those areas will improve next season under TJ. Those alone should be good for 6-8 W's. Throw in what I believe is an improved roster, and we'll see 10-12 W improvement.

Time will tell.
Why? Because he has been so successful as a head coach at other schools?

No 23m+ and Iowa will take a huge step back this coming season.
Join the club. Put Herkyfan on ignore and turn him into the proverbial tree in the woods. That’s going to get to him more than any response you compose.

No 23m+ and Iowa will take a huge step back this coming season.
Iowa paid $23m to get Fran? Got a link for that? isu is paying $10m just to get TJ and will still suck. How many NCAA Tournament games has the newest savior won? ZERO you say, YIKES.

• Haha
Reactions: weeterkane
Join the club. Put Herkyfan on ignore and turn him into the proverbial tree in the woods. That’s going to get to him more than any response you compose.
There it is again. Another clown fan that can’t handle the truth and refuses to explain how cryclown fanatic shows the isu fan base and the culture they are so proud of.

As was suggested earlier today, and has made this site enjoyable: Ignore function done.
This is funny. Clown fans come here demanding that Iowa fans accept their delusional reality and when they are questioned and can’t handle it they ignore.

If it wasn’t so damn funny it would be sad. But this this the life of a clown fan desperately seeking validation from Iowa fans on an Iowa message board .

LOL! I ask a reasonable question and you dodge it.
Didn’t you get the memo? When dealing with clown fans on an Iowa board, anything that doesn’t fit in their delusional reality isn’t “reasonable” and they will dodge and ignore.

Just how they roll.

Time will tell.

If you're expecting better coaching, don't look at KenPom rankings for TJ's teams at SDSU and UNLV. Yikes on the AdjD especially.

Reactions: BBHawk and HerkyFan
Who is coming back?

To name a few ... :)

iCl5UG-6-orii8i9wffBYdalGruIO8S0S8WR6VR_6bP4iqBqeGzGuu4NGDmfeuviGRGd6H35TKbO4iy7xXZ8uKoaSQNlz9psWqXPVjQwORzyWbqZDanQ6bYcWiDwHzd1zLL7A9_20rdTN8JS4VvzsEcPayuIL46VqFjinCPYXqOyQeeuQfLS2-yXi7Uh25yDmmmIi1lX25zhPsb_uV-Gq-_glFS4THp9mQ

usa_today_13785675.0.jpg

8df68e93-4246-40cf-9930-1faa20273c33-191111-DePaul_Iowa_mbb-005.JPG

202100307_IOWAMBBVSWISCONSIN018-scaled.jpg

n-illinois-iowa-basketball-iowa-city-united-states-shutterstock-editorial-11540972ac.jpg

10158082.jpg

Reactions: BBHawk
Aren't you forgetting someone? Or are you talking about returning players? If that's the case, odds are pretty effing good that Keegan will be on some preseason teams. He's already on draft lists.
Yes, I'm only talking about returning players.

I was proud of you for fighting off the ISU douchiness that is just embedded in every fan, but you finally fell victim. It's too bad, you were doing good. How any fan of a 2 win team could go to someone else's board and feel the need to talk sh**, is just legendary douche status. I don't get it, I'd be anywhere else in the world if Iowa just had your season.

If you think that's what I'm doing I'm sorry. My point was simply that if we're just looking at all-conference awards as some sort of harbinger of expectations Iowa has one player with one 3rd team appearance in 5 years. If I wanted to actually talk crap I could be but I don't find that interesting.

It does seem weird to me that on this board it seems perfectly reasonable to people that players like Toussaint and Perkins can jump up their production but the idea that anybody on the ISU side would is absurd to be straight homerism.

If you think that's what I'm doing I'm sorry. My point was simply that if we're just looking at all-conference awards as some sort of harbinger of expectations Iowa has one player with one 3rd team appearance in 5 years. If I wanted to actually talk crap I could be but I don't find that interesting.

It does seem weird to me that on this board it seems perfectly reasonable to people that players like Toussaint and Perkins can jump up their production but the idea that anybody on the ISU side would is absurd to be straight homerism.
First off, Keegan and Pat looked better than anyone on ISU's roster. When Toussaint and Perkins played last year, they looked really good. Not a single ISU guy returning looked better than any of those guys to start. Jovan maybe the best, but man, you're guys looked awful last year. Jackson blah, Conditt blah, Walker blah. I hear Hinson is really good from Hayes over and over, but that guy is a moron who thinks every single guy that commits to ISU is an incredible.
And I'm sorry, but you are bringing in a bunch of questionable transfers, and frankly, who many outside of Ames would say, poor transfers. Gabe has sucked for two years. Denver transfer from a 2 win team that was ok, is now gonna be good in the Big12? Some foreign guy from a crappy WSU team, that wasn't even good there. Grill, who every ISU fan was happy when he left, LOL, coming back? Now he's great of course. A guy from Kansas that scored 2 PPG. Brockington is ok, but picture a worse Bolton, and frankly wasn't ever really impressed when we played him.
You won two games last year and lost four of your top five scorers and replace them with the above. Let it sink in.
Positive: You kept Hunter.

Reactions: TrianglePlace
First off, Keegan and Pat looked better than anyone on ISU's roster. When Toussaint and Perkins played last year, they looked really good. Not a single ISU guy returning looked better than any of those guys to start. Jovan maybe the best, but man, you're guys looked awful last year. Jackson blah, Conditt blah, Walker blah. I hear Hinson is really good from Hayes over and over, but that guy is a moron who thinks every single guy that commits to ISU is an incredible.
And I'm sorry, but you are bringing in a bunch of questionable transfers, and frankly, who many outside of Ames would say, poor transfers. Gabe has sucked for two years. Denver transfer from a 2 win team that was ok, is now gonna be good in the Big12? Some foreign guy from a crappy WSU team, that wasn't even good there. Grill, who every ISU fan was happy when he left, LOL, coming back? Now he's great of course. A guy from Kansas that scored 2 PPG. Brockington is ok, but picture a worse Bolton, and frankly wasn't ever really impressed when we played him.
You won two games last year and lost four of your top five scorers and replace them with the above. Let it sink in.
Positive: You kept Hunter.
They may be better than ISU. But I think Iowa will still take a huge step back. Neither fan base should be very excited tbh.

Difficult to imagine how any team with so many new faces can mesh. The mere fact that ISU is primarily a "transfer portal " squad means they came to Ames to get more playing time. There won't be enough basketballs to keep them all happy.

So other than Murray ISU is better 2-12?
No. Both teams look pretty pedestrian right now. Neither team has a "guy" and have rosters full of roll players. It won't take much for ISU to get better than last season but how much is the question? Iowa will take a huge step back, and where does the scoring come from for them is a huge question as well.

No. Both teams look pretty pedestrian right now. Neither team has a "guy" and have rosters full of roll players. It won't take much for ISU to get better than last season but how much is the question? Iowa will take a huge step back, and where does the scoring come from for them is a huge question as well.
Iowa is still better than isu.

This is a stretch.
I’m not saying ISU will be a tourney team or even better than IA but I don’t understand the dismissal of the transfers. We added three guys ( including getting Hinson getting healthy) that averaged around 10 and 5 in P6 conferences. Just as important, they add toughness. In addition to those three check out Kunc’s stats the last 8 games (after recovering from an ankle injury) against PAC 12 competition - 9 and 8. Nobody talks about Tyrese Hunter. Yes he’ll have freshman struggles but there’s a reason he’s rated the 4th best PG in the 2021 class. Huge upgrade over Bolton playing out of position. Now add in Foster who says he was never healthy last year, even before shutting it down. It would be easy to argue IA has just as many question marks as ISU.

Last edited:

Bohannon has been 3rd team once and honorable mention twice.

Rebraca was 2nd team all conference this past season and earned honorable mention honors his sophomore season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT