ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

Bizarre how they believe that every single one of these transfers would make them an NCAA tourney team. Do they not realize that the returning players aren't that good to begin with?
I don't think every fan things that. There are fanatics and true believers in every fan base that this year is their year. Not any different than some Iowa fans.

It's kinda funny on Fanatic their transfer thread has turned into premium members stumping for the paid membership, like they all came out within the last 24 hours commenting how it's worth it, the latest kid to go somewhere else is a good thing, and implying they know something the non payers don't.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
They're still whining about losing Rashad Vaughn to UNLV five years ago. And their take on the relative merits of their 2019 FB season as opposed to ours would be the height of hilarity if it weren't so sad.

I don't think every fan things that. There are fanatics and true believers in every fan base that this year is their year. Not any different than some Iowa fans.
Visited the transfer thread over there, literally every transfer they are in on, would make them a tourney team. You should check it out, for some mid day comedy. It's vastly different from this board, that sides more pessimistic at every turn.

Jalen Coleman Lands didnt even earn any Big East recognition last season and is a 6th year guy that has battled injuries. Them thinking him plus Tyler Harris getting a waiver to play right away will make them competitive is hilarious.

Jalen Coleman Lands didnt even earn any Big East recognition last season and is a 6th year guy that has battled injuries. Them thinking him plus Tyler Harris getting a waiver to play right away will make them competitive is hilarious.
Not competitive, bubble/tourney team. Again, they forget what their current returning players bring, which isn't a lot.

Not competitive, bubble/tourney team. Again, they forget what their current returning players bring, which isn't a lot.

I agree completely.

They are pinning their hopes on the sit out transfer who averaged 8 and 4 in the Sun Belt conference and at least 2 of their incoming freshmen to be above average Big 12 players which will not happen.

They werent a tourney team with Haliburton last season.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
If Lands goes there it'll be hilarious watching he and Bolton as their starting backcourt. Neither are point guards and both are me-first high usage players who don't make winning basketball plays.

Reactions: TrianglePlace
I agree completely.

They are pinning their hopes on the sit out transfer who averaged 8 and 4 in the Sun Belt conference and at least 2 of their incoming freshmen to be above average Big 12 players which will not happen.

They werent a tourney team with Haliburton last season.
Seeing all of their posters say Coleman-Lands as an obvious improvement over Lewis is hilarious. He had a 10.5 efficiency rating compared to Lewis 17.8. Lewis had better FG%, 3 pt %, Rb, Blk, same asst/to. The only thing better was Turnovers per game.
Maishe Dailey had an efficiency rating higher as a freshman, than Coleman-Lands had last year. All of this tells me..... sports needs to start again. I just did way too much research into a bunch of crappy players.

Like the last time his team played Iowa?

I hope Iowa takes umbrage to that game and shuts him out the next.

Exactly. Dude hasn't been a superstar but when he's played Iowa outside of one game he tends to shoot way better than normal. If he takes his talents to Ames you better believe he will shoot lights out in Iowa City.

Exactly. Dude hasn't been a superstar but when he's played Iowa outside of one game he tends to shoot way better than normal. If he takes his talents to Ames you better believe he will shoot lights out in Iowa City.
I believe that if CJ or Joe T take it on themselves to limit his production, things will be different. That game was an aberration.

I believe that if CJ or Joe T take it on themselves to limit his production, things will be different. That game was an aberration.

Oh I think if we wanted to he can easily be shut down he's not really that good. But he's a 9 ppg scorer who has almost doubled that three times vs us, he obviously saves his best for Iowa.

After picking up 6'7 230 pound Ole Miss transfer Blake Hinson this week I think ISU is done doing any kind of reloading this off season. Harris, Colman-Lands, and Hinson to add to the incoming Freshman, and what is coming back make ISU's roster better 2-13 than it was last season. I really like the way the roster looks this season especially if Harris, and Hinson get waivers. I still think Iowa is the better in state team as of right now but at least ISU looks to be competitive in the Big 12 again.

Reactions: TouchdownMyPants
After picking up 6'7 230 pound Ole Miss transfer Blake Hinson this week I think ISU is done doing any kind of reloading this off season. Harris, Colman-Lands, and Hinson to add to the incoming Freshman, and what is coming back make ISU's roster better 2-13 than it was last season. I really like the way the roster looks this season especially if Harris, and Hinson get waivers. I still think Iowa is the better in state team as of right now but at least ISU looks to be competitive in the Big 12 again.
Hinson is a forward who shoots 39%. Yikes. Pemsl, a guy you make fun of daily on CF shot 49%. Heard when they signed White, Hinson was told his minutes were gonna be hard to come by, and Kermit wasn't a huge fan.
Hinson had a PER of 10.3. Harris 10.9. Coleman-Lands 10.5.
Terrence Lewis, who left, was 17.8. Zion Griffin, who all ISU fans bagged, was 10.6.
I know you've got some Cardinal and Gold glasses on, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Hinson is a forward who shoots 39%. Yikes. Pemsl, a guy you make fun of daily on CF shot 49%. Heard when they signed White, Hinson was told his minutes were gonna be hard to come by, and Kermit wasn't a huge fan.
Hinson had a PER of 10.3. Harris 10.9. Coleman-Lands 10.5.
Terrence Lewis, who left, was 17.8. Zion Griffin, who all ISU fans bagged, was 10.6.
I know you've got some Cardinal and Gold glasses on, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
The loss of Haliburton will be tough to replace. But potentially adding 3 players who averaged 8, 11, and 10 ppg in the American, Big East, and SEC imo is an upgrade to Lewis, Griffin, and Grill. Time will tell but I'm not as worried about the season as I was before if all the parts come together. PG is still a question tho.

The loss of Haliburton will be tough to replace. But potentially adding 3 players who averaged 8, 11, and 10 ppg in the American, Big East, and SEC imo is an upgrade to Lewis, Griffin, and Grill. Time will tell but I'm not as worried about the season as I was before if all the parts come together. PG is still a question tho.
As worried, as in pertaining to the point in time where you had 4 empty spots, or as worried pertaining to the end of last season? It's probably going to be a rough season, I'm not sure I'd take a single starter on your team over someone on Iowa's, and that's saying something. Maybe Young over Connor, but I'm not 100 on that one. Then again, I'm not so sure we even are going to play.

You think Iowa is the better in state team?

As worried, as in pertaining to the point in time where you had 4 empty spots, or as worried pertaining to the end of last season? It's probably going to be a rough season, I'm not sure I'd take a single starter on your team over someone on Iowa's, and that's saying something. Maybe Young over Connor, but I'm not 100 on that one. Then again, I'm not so sure we even are going to play.
When the season ended and we knew before he even announced Tyrese was gone. I like what we have coming back and the freshman we have coming in. I knew Prohm would fill most of the open spots I just didn't know who would fill them. I'm gonna be honest I was getting a little worried when we missed out on the 1st few groups of transfers we were after. But Prohm came through and got 2 guys I absolutely loved when we got them in Harris and Coleman-Lands. Getting Hinson was a surprise because I thought there was no way we would get anymore transfers this cycle.

The length of this thread regarding ISU reloading is comical. And that State fans still hold this position. Optimism is about all one can hang their hat on at times, which I suppose, is being the consumate fan.

I'll be laughing at this reply for at least the next 3 years.
I mean you can if you want. On paper Iowa States class is better. So it's not crazy for me to think it is as well. Time will tell what group will eventually be better. But right now Iowa States looks better.

Prohm's problem is that he is a C+ mid major coach who's already past his shelf-life in Ames. (As is that idiot marketing major "Athletic Director", Pollard). Even the myth that he "puts point guards in The League" is pure baloney. He's gone two years w/o even recruiting a viable one from h.s., or even a transfer. (As Memphis fans about Tyler Harris.)
Prohm's ceiling -- although he won't be around long enough to reach it anyway -- is to be the 7th or 8th best coach in a vastly over-rated conference, and make the NCAA's maybe once every three years. Notice I said ceiling, not probability.

We got some scorers! Just, not sure we have anyone to pass them the ball! :)

242cc3c8e4a083f9d515d51a2161dd5a.gif

Prohm's problem is that he is a C+ mid major coach who's already past his shelf-life in Ames. (As is that idiot marketing major "Athletic Director", Pollard). Even the myth that he "puts point guards in The League" is pure baloney. He's gone two years w/o even recruiting a viable one from h.s., or even a transfer. (As Memphis fans about Tyler Harris.)
Prohm's ceiling -- although he won't be around long enough to reach it anyway -- is to be the 7th or 8th best coach in a vastly over-rated conference, and make the NCAA's maybe once every three years. Notice I said ceiling, not probability.

The PG thing really isn't a myth when he has had 4 PGs drafted as a head coach. But I agree that he isn't a great coach. He doesn't raise his teams above their talent level.

I mean you can if you want. On paper Iowa States class is better. So it's not crazy for me to think it is as well. Time will tell what group will eventually be better. But right now Iowa States looks better.

Thoughts on ISU's 2021 football recruiting class?

When the season ended and we knew before he even announced Tyrese was gone. I like what we have coming back and the freshman we have coming in. I knew Prohm would fill most of the open spots I just didn't know who would fill them. I'm gonna be honest I was getting a little worried when we missed out on the 1st few groups of transfers we were after. But Prohm came through and got 2 guys I absolutely loved when we got them in Harris and Coleman-Lands. Getting Hinson was a surprise because I thought there was no way we would get anymore transfers this cycle.

Your starting back court if Harris gets a wavier will have more career turnovers than assists.

ISU will be 8th at best in the Big 12 next year if Harris and Hinson get waivers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT