ADVERTISEMENT

**Iowa vs OSU BTT Game Thread**

Kinda funny, OSU gets the last laugh after mostly riding the bottom of the Big Ten.

Hey Beth!

200.gif

Just not enough front court help for Freeman. Patrick lives on the 3 point line and Krikke has no elevation to get rebounds and plays defense like its going to give him the plague, well the whole team kind of plays that way. Perkins isn't a point guard and that takes away from his shooting and it's one and done again this year.
There was no way Iowa was going to win more then 1 game any way so its no harm Iowa losing and going home to see if they receive an invitation to the NIT. I just hope that Patrick doesn't come back and I'm alright if Perkins bids goodbye. Losing Krikke is going to be a plus going into next year.
It was a great year and for the 4 freshmen. can't wait to see how they improve going into next year.
something we can agree on here... lol

Reactions: amahawk
Two straight games with everything on the line (IE, a bubble bid to the Dance).

Two straight no-shows except for the underclassmen, and a rare moment from the Beach Boys.

Why not.... They'd be doing us a favor by helping Fran run this thing completely into the ground, so we can finally make a change.

Oh, but we won 10 Big Ten games again. Hang the banner!
Nothing would surprise me in this NIL world. Owen and Tony would both be coveted by a ton of teams.

Just not enough front court help for Freeman. Patrick lives on the 3 point line and Krikke has no elevation to get rebounds and plays defense like its going to give him the plague, well the whole team kind of plays that way. Perkins isn't a point guard and that takes away from his shooting and it's one and done again this year.
There was no way Iowa was going to win more then 1 game any way so its no harm Iowa losing and going home to see if they receive an invitation to the NIT. I just hope that Patrick doesn't come back and I'm alright if Perkins bids goodbye. Losing Krikke is going to be a plus going into next year.
It was a great year and for the 4 freshmen. can't wait to see how they improve going into next year.

Need to have Jan Jensen work with Ladje and Freeman if you want to see big man improvement. Frans staff certainly cant coach them up.

Kinda funny, OSU gets the last laugh after mostly riding the bottom of the Big Ten.
They beat Purdue 2 or 3 weeks ago and have probably played the best BB in the conference since then. Would not be shocked to see them win the B1G Tournament

"Iowa feeling as low as low can be...." WTH? Thanks, Robbie! But it's not true. I was expecting this after that last game. We may win a game or two in the NIT, and what hawkeye isnt going to watch the Caitlin show in the NCAA?

The Patrick passed up oppo for a three only to meekly drive to the basket and get his shot stuffed out of the gym is the perfect capstone to a shit career at Iowa. Maybe a microcosm of Fran's stubborn paternal nepotism too. Seems like a great young man---and he's certainly had his share of struggles I wouldn't wish on any good person--but good riddance basketball wise

I would take a couple years of "struggles" to get a better coach & outlook than what we have now.

And worse yet, its so very predictable. Season by season with what we have now.

I like the young guys, but I seriously doubt there are any Luka Garza's or Keegan Murray's joining the roster next season. Owen Freeman definitely has potential, but really needs a 3pt shot to help his offensive game out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT