ADVERTISEMENT

******Iowa vs Purdue Game Thread******

Overall, I think that it is safe to say that we haven't seen any of these elements(hot routes, etc.) of offense all year so I doubt Brian dreamed this up in a non bye week. Maybe someone had an offensive tutor over the week or someone else has taken a bigger role in the gameplanning

so close but didn't punch it in...still so much better than what we came in expecting

Close, but no boner.
d3a4d7f9-8fcd-4c67-a8d7-8b3bb4cfe861_text.gif

Reactions: drew_hawk
I actually don't think that failed RZ possession is on BF.

First run play went negative, then Keagan Johnson pretty clearly screwed up the 2nd play, going negative again. Replay showed lots of green in front of Bruce, we had twice ran that play to KJ setting up going to Bruce.

Reactions: ShonnDeereGreene
Petras finds a way to screw up a handoff
Some of that is on Petras because of the snap, but that's also on the read/play recognition of KJ.

If it's designed to go to Bruce, then KJ either needs to go forward and not sell the handoff, or just wait for Bruce to go by since he'd probably be the second man option anyways.

Reactions: No Vaseline
That FG is on Petra’s for throwing the ball into the ground when he knew he had a free play. No pressure on him, why not take a little extra time to see who breaks open or try to run it in yourself? The worst thing that happens is it is still 1st down from the 2 with offsetting penalties.

Then follow that up with not running three straight qb sneaks from 1st and goal at the 1. That is on Brian trying to get too cute.

Reactions: drew_hawk
JFC, he's finally having a decent game and you are acting like he's been like this his entire Iowa career

But then again, you give Biden credit when gas prices fall 10 cents
You just killed this whole thread with a stupid political remark. Now it will go downhill.

Reactions: PNW_Hawk
True, but why is Brian dialing up that play that close to the goal line?
Yup, better to keep it simple, stupid. 🙂 Should have tried a QB sneak at least on 1st down.

That said, the way PU is crashing one side or the other, maybe the misdirection would have worked if KJ hadn't screwed it up.

I actually don't think that failed RZ possession is on BF.

First run play went negative, then Keagan Johnson pretty clearly screwed up the 2nd play, going negative again. Replay showed lots of green in front of Bruce, we had twice ran that play to KJ setting up going to Bruce.
Nah, that first play call is all Brian.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT