ADVERTISEMENT

*******Iowa vs Seton Hall Game Thread*******

That really was a gutty, impressive last 15-16 minutes by the Hawks after getting down early the first 4-5 and SH clearly the aggressor at that point.

IA will be a much better team playing these guys - no doubt. Great test and Hawks responding so far.

Need to get somebody going beside Murray offensively in the second half. PMAC, Payton, Saucy most logical. Maybe Saucy comes out pissed yet focused in the second half after a cheap technical.

Putting that half together with Sandfort benched due to fouls and PMac largely a nonfactor is really impressive. Don’t let Payton get hot in 2H or it’s over

Reactions: HawkBall23
I like Frans substitions so far. Pmac needs to stop the out of control drives to the basket. Same with the young guys.
Seton Halls man D has completely taken our 3 game away. Let's hope that opens up.
Kris looks as good or better than Keegan was last year. NBA scouts are drooling.

Refs are calling a really good game so far imo. It started out like the WWE. They tightened it up.
Hats off too the refs.

Defense = A
Intensity = A
Toughness = A
Free Throws = B
Layups = D

Nice half - make the layups and keep hitting FTs
I think it was more a factor of poor choice on fast break lay ups where they should have pulled the ball out instead of forcing it.

Reactions: BBHawk
That really was a gutty, impressive last 15-16 minutes by the Hawks after getting down early the first 4-5 and SH clearly the aggressor at that point.

IA will be a much better team playing these guys - no doubt. Great test and Hawks responding so far.

Need to get somebody going beside Murray offensively in the second half. PMAC, Payton, Saucy most logical. Maybe Saucy comes out pissed yet focused in the second half after a cheap technical.

Nice to be playing a few legit P5 teams before B1G. Get used to teams you will see in NCAA that are not B1G style..for whatever reason, winning in B1G conference hasn't translated to extended runs in NcAA tourney for much of the B1G... like Iowa, Illini, Purdue,

Reactions: skydog0784
I'm sure Seton Hall will be clamping down on Kris in the second half. Need others to step up in order to win this one on the road. Really impressed with the way they got down early and came back strong.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
I’m not sure what to make of this game. SH isn’t playing well (maybe this is the best they’ve got) but I’ve got to say:

Kris is basically turning into his brother
Defensive effort looks improved

As for SH they’re horrible on offense and seem to be trying to draw fouls with wild flailing shot attempts. We’re lucky they have missed most of their attempts from inside, or maybe we’re causing them to miss?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT