ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the most veteran team Kirk has had?

jonesy5960

HR Legend
Sep 6, 2012
With the exception of punting, there is experience everywhere. There are upperclassmen starting at every position on both sides of the ball with the exception of wide receiver and corner back and even there we are talking about a minimum of 3 years experience.

Given this fact and the potentially more difficult scheduling in future years, will Iowa ever have a better opportunity to make some noise than this coming season?

I have always said, Iowa football and basketball need experienced players to win. They normally don't have more talent that the other guys, so experience and coaching is important.

With talent, depth AND experience on defense, they should be really, really good.

On offense, the good news is most everyone is back. The bad news is most everyone is back. ;)

If we can count on a healthy McNamara for pretty much the whole season, we should be very competitive in every game. Without him, Marco should be given the next chance to be adequate enough at that position. Deacon must backup Marco, as he’s already been given his fair chances for QB2.

The fact that a few books have Iowa +40000 to win the National Championship is INSANE. That number is reserved for teams who are struggling for bowl eligibility.

• Haha
Reactions: Turdeatinghawkeye
The fact that a few books have Iowa +40000 to win the National Championship is INSANE. That number is reserved for teams who are struggling for bowl eligibility.
It is still probably too outlandish of possibility to waste twenty dollars on lol. Even if that's 8,000 dollars.

If this offense can go from what it is this year to Iowa winning a national title... yeah no I think its more likely we find an under water city in the pacific.

It is still probably too outlandish of possibility to waste twenty dollars on lol. Even if that's 8,000 dollars.

If this offense can go from what it is this year to Iowa winning a national title... yeah no I think its more likely we find an under water city in the pacific.
It’s not that I think Iowa can win it. It’s that if they make the playoff, you can profit nicely from cashing out or betting on the opponent.

• Haha
Reactions: Turdeatinghawkeye
It’s not that I think Iowa can win it. It’s that if they make the playoff, you can profit nicely from cashing out or betting on the opponent.
Yeah I forget some apps allow cash out on futures. I was never given that option on draft kings when I tried some.

With the exception of punting, there is experience everywhere. There are upperclassmen starting at every position on both sides of the ball with the exception of wide receiver and corner back and even there we are talking about a minimum of 3 years experience.

Given this fact and the potentially more difficult scheduling in future years, will Iowa ever have a better opportunity to make some noise than this coming season?
Much like this time last year, I think a lot depends on Cade’s recovery.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT