ADVERTISEMENT

ISU AD doing ISU things again...

So Porky u joined today as a Husker to get involved in an Iowa-ISU discusssion? Pretty sad. If I were Husker I would also argue about our history in football since recently they are not very good. I am guessing you are here because you were banned from Nebbie boards for failing to pray at the pulpit of Frost and read the Bible, I mean anything written by Osborne.

Yep skirt fans are doing their best to become isu fans. Always running to big bro’s board to try and convince us they are as good if not better than Iowa.

Herky - I agree but at least Nebbie has some history in football. ISU has zero history well at least positive history. I mean does Kirk have more top 10 finishes during his tenure than ISU has top 25 finishes in 100 plus years? But if I were Nebbie I would shut up until I stopped getting curb-stomped by Iowa. Lose by 40 points and resort to the Lawrence Phillips era (a fine gentlemen and I'm sure Osborne knew nothing about what he was doing off the field) is really not a sound argument.

Don't look now but ISU is also one of the few times Iowa sells out for football.

ISU sells out a lot of basketball games. Iowa is just one of many. When was the last Iowa basketball sellout that didn't include ISU? A few years ago ISU sold out almost every home game.

Again, literally nobody outside of people on this board care about wrestling attendance.

Iowa still averages 6-7K last season more than jack trice holds. This arguement is so weak about Iowa not selling out. It’s like Iowa fans making fun of Michigan or psu for not selling out even though their stadium holds more. Wow congrats last year you finally played a game not vs Iowa or uni where you had over 60k fans. Isu fans are the best and most loyal in the nation....storms a brewing....

Don't look now but ISU is also one of the few times Iowa sells out for football.

ISU sells out a lot of basketball games. Iowa is just one of many. When was the last Iowa basketball sellout that didn't include ISU? A few years ago ISU sold out almost every home game.

Again, literally nobody outside of people on this board care about wrestling attendance.
Nobody outside if this board cares about wrestling attendance? Iowa’s attendance says other wise. Maybe ISU fans don’t, but that’s what happens when you play second fiddle, which ISU isn’t even that in the state anymore.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Iowa still averages 6-7K last season more than jack trice holds. This arguement is so weak about Iowa not selling out. It’s like Iowa fans making fun of Michigan or psu for not selling out even though their stadium holds more. Wow congrats last year you finally played a game not vs Iowa or uni where you had over 60k fans. Isu fans are the best and most loyal in the nation....storms a brewing....

Remember it is % capacity that matters and nothing else. isu fans aren’t shy about telling you this, just ask them.

Did you all shut up when you were getting owned on the field by Nebraska? That’s not how things work. Nebraska will win 75% of the series moving forward, book it.

Hey everyone it isn’t 2018 it is really 2001 because skirt fan says so. They are hopelessly trapped in the VHS era and can’t escape it.

Don’t tell skirt fan the world isn’t flat or they will really have their skewed view of reality shattered.

Yep, at isu it isn’t cash that pays bills it is the number of tickets sold. They simply don’t want to talk about anything else.

Scratch that, they do love their enrollment smack now as well.

A conundrum I have noted is there is a subset of Hawk fans that want cheaper ticket prices but yet we ridicule ISU for doing that. We want nice things at Iowa but someone else needs to pay for them kind of deal.

A conundrum I have noted is there is a subset of Hawk fans that want cheaper ticket prices but yet we ridicule ISU for doing that. We want nice things at Iowa but someone else needs to pay for them kind of deal.

I see both sides. I don’t think Iowa needs to continue raising ticket prices and in doing so we will see a drop or a more marked drop in attendance. I also like how Iowa doesn’t charge varying prices for tickets just to bump up attendance. The cost of a season ticket is the same regardless of location. Thus if priced correctly everyone is pulling a little of the weight the things the fans or program is wanting going forward.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Not true. We just think the conference tv contract and donors can/should pick up the majority of the tab. No need to stick it to loyal fans who are willing to drive, park, buy tickets-food-drink-souvenirs, and drive home. Capece?

The sellout argument is stupid when it comes from ISU fans. All our venues are considerably larger. While ISU gets good attendance for Iowa and KU basketball games, it only gets good attendance for football and wrestling when it is Iowa. Unless that is if their AD salesman is giving away ticket packages which always includes Iowa. Half their basketball games (they are a basketball school you know) this year looked like Carver and did anyone see that Texas football night game ISU had on ESPN? Jesus more people at the Valley-Dowling game. And wrestling you could shoot a cannon and not hit unless Iowa was there. But what is really sad is their AD responding to an anonymous tweet on wrestling and saying "well at least they recognize us now as relevant." ISU, accept your place and go away.

[QUOTE="hawkfeever, post: 5327692, member: 75440"]A conundrum I have noted is there is a subset of Hawk fans that want cheaper ticket prices but yet we ridicule ISU for doing that. We want nice things at Iowa but someone else needs to pay for them kind of deal.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. They ridicule ISU for bragging about their attendance when it's achieved through aggressive discounts and giveaways.

Reactions: HerkyFan
Not true. We just think the conference tv contract and donors can/should pick up the majority of the tab. No need to stick it to loyal fans who are willing to drive, park, buy tickets-food-drink-souvenirs, and drive home. Capece?

No some people like to have other people pay for their stuff. I get it.

That's because both fan bases (Iowa and Iowa State) buy tickets to the Iowa/ISU game. Iowa City/Kinnick is still a way better venue for college football than Ames/Jack Trice. When I lived in Iowa, I attended games at both regularly, so I know.

Hilton is a great venue for college basketball. Carver once was, but the 80s and 90s continue to be more and more of a fleeting memory.

I don't even know the discussion anymore with the Nebbie input. I think the point was the laughable ISU AD trolling on wrestling but because an Iowa fan said "second fiddle" the ISU AD was proud since Iowa now recognizes ISU. And of course CF went all in on their AD trolling Iowa. Really pathetic from their AD to troll big brother (although smart cause tugging on Superman's cape gets the fan base all excited) but sad. JP and CF understand where you are situated. Damn lucky for now your are still in a P5 conference and Iowa bails you out. And for Nebbie fans who like history, Iowa is the only program with a top 25 historic program in football, basketball and wrestling. Nebbie good in football historically but basketball and wrestling not so much. ISU bottom couple in football and middle of the pack in basketball and wrestling. Hell Iowa is above ISU in all sports except maybe cross country.

Ex - another new person. I think technically you are correct. There were posts before, Iowa was 23 in football, 26 in basketball and 2 in wrestling. ISU was in the 80's or 90's for football, mid- 40's for basketball and maybe top 10 for wrestling. So just stop. Accept your position and go to CF. thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Another one with VOS. What game? You join today as a Husker to talk Hawks. That is like 3. How many Hawks joined the Husker board today? Buddy stick to Nebbie boards. Seriously. I don't mind banter but this is dumb by the Huskers. You lost by 30 and 40 plus the last 2 years. I mean dude seriously?! Worry about your team.

Reactions: Blackleaf40
Another one with VOS. What game? You join today as a Husker to talk Hawks. That is like 3. How many Hawks joined the Husker board today? Buddy stick to Nebbie boards. Seriously. I don't mind banter but this is dumb by the Huskers. You lost by 30 and 40 plus the last 2 years. I mean dude seriously?! Worry about your team.

Hawks living rent free in the minds of skirt and clown fans far and wide.

Keep posting.

The day this board has a 10,000 post thread about isu or any other school you will have a point.

Go over to cryclown fanatic where a 10,000 post thread about Iowa is just a Tuesday.

Oh I understand your disdain for isu, the way Iowa fan feels about isu is the way Nebraska fans feel about Iowa.
Records, history etc..... apples to apples comparison.

Not really, once the skirts joined a real conference their true abilities came through. So what will skirt fan do if Frost is like your last 4 saviors? Better at least covert your VHS tapes of when the once mighties were awesome, we don’t want you to have nothing to view those long-ago glories with. We’re those long-ago glories in color or still black and white?

You own all that and come to an Iowa board just to be OWNED.

Damn that is some funny ****
This is literally the only message board that concentrates so many threads and posts about other teams, a huge percentage of Iowa fans have an inferiority complex and it should embarrass you.

So...seriously dude..we gotta know. Is it crystal meth, mental illness, alcohol+amphetamines, a serious inferiority complex and need for attention, or are you just a major douche?

Most likely some combination of the above...

Is this really happening? A Husker joins today and starts in after losing by a combined what 70 points the last 2 years? At least the Clowns know they suck. Wow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT