ADVERTISEMENT

ISU vs Akron

Why is a Big 12 team playing on the road at a MAC school? Have you seen the crowd? ISU couldn't have possibly been paid more than they would have made on a home game. Bizarre. Good job Pollard.

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
Why is a Big 12 team playing on the road at a MAC school? Have you seen the crowd? ISU couldn't have possibly been paid more than they would have made on a home game. Bizarre. Good job Pollard.

I certainly had this exact thought all week... did they get a 2 for one like we did with Miami Ohio?

They can't get a home and home with a Power 5 team besides Iowa. All other teams besides Iowa know exactly the truth. No win situation. And ISU is so pathetic they can't even demand a 2 for 1 on MAC teams or a neutral site "away" game. So they play in front of 20k fans at Akron and ISU fans chrip on how much red in the stands. No crap. Get a whopping 5K fans to Akron and you have 25 percent of the crowd. Wow.

Lazard...

drop-ball.gif

Well, when the Clowns are capable of winning 6 games, Campbell be gone for greener pastures.
I don't know, maybe. Not sure he's got the overall resume to get a high level job, unless ISU does something extrodinary, like 8 or 9 wins and a good bowl win. I'd still like to know, who Chezik knew to walk out on a horrible ISU team, and parachute into the Auburn job with the talent on hand to win the national title? Talk about right place, right time. :confused:

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I don't know, maybe. Not sure he's got the overall resume to get a high level job, unless ISU does something extrodinary, like 8 or 9 wins and a good bowl win. I'd still like to know, who Chezik knew to walk out on a horrible ISU team, and parachute into the Auburn job with the talent on hand to win the national title? Talk about right place, right time. :confused:

This, if he gets them to 7-5 every other year...he will stay forever but never get a look by one of the big boys

Sad what football is turning into with these targeting calls. How is hitting a receiver with your shoulder and forearm considered an ejection? I know his face mask brushed him but nothing that should be considered targeting.

That was a terrible targeting call.

Iowa State looked to have a bit of a hangover from last weekend but have eventually proved to be too talented for Akron. I would expect something similar tonight.

ISU coach Campbell recruits Ohio hard- plus most of their staff is from Ohio.

Good grief, there is no way a play like that should get a player kicked out of the game. He let up and hit him with his shoulder. The only way you don't get targeting on a play like that is if you don't even try to touch the receiver.

I'm all for safety, but it is getting asinine what constitutes targeting.
And there's so much ridiculous verbiage within the rules that allows officials to defend the call, too.

That was a bogus penalty and Akron immediately paid for it.

That was a terrible targeting call.

Iowa State looked to have a bit of a hangover from last weekend but have eventually proved to be too talented for Akron. I would expect something similar tonight.
No. I want an even worse beatdown than what we saw in 2015. Because just do it. Don't ask questions. You're welcome.

Why? To help us win the B1G and make the playoff? Or to make our staff have to work harder for in state recruits?

Exactly. Those rooting for ISU are some of the most baffling individuals around.

So ISU wins 6 games this year and that is somehow going to give them some relevance and stop people from making fun of Iowa's schedule.

They can't get a home and home with a Power 5 team besides Iowa. All other teams besides Iowa know exactly the truth. No win situation. And ISU is so pathetic they can't even demand a 2 for 1 on MAC teams or a neutral site "away" game. So they play in front of 20k fans at Akron and ISU fans chrip on how much red in the stands. No crap. Get a whopping 5K fans to Akron and you have 25 percent of the crowd. Wow.
I see your team is playing top notch and taking mighty North Texas to the woodshed in the first half. You have some major anger issues that you should maybe schedule an appointment at the children's hospital and get addressed. I am not addressing anyone else but you.
Try to have a nice day!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT