ADVERTISEMENT

ISU

Originally posted by FG86:

Originally posted by 5Fan5:

Originally posted by L. Wade Childress:
I would like to see iowa win championships in every sport, of course. I do not worry about the director's cup because it is a an arbitrary way to measure success. Just look at the formula and tell me what you think.
Arbitrary? Not really. Pretty fair actually.

Given that Iowa has two sports very few play - wrestling and field hockey - they already have an advantage.
Since field hockey cannot be applied where isu is considered, tell me/us exactly why it is that isu has done so relatively poorly in wrestling. Feel free to cite all the Directors' Cup information you care to here.

Because, a school like isu that sits right in the middle of one of the most productive and fertile high school wrestling should be doing much better. You know, from that "advantage'" you mention above.

Fewer sports to fund, support, administer. Storied history in the sport. Yet, isu somehow manages to be mediocre in wrestling year after year. Some might use the term 'pathetic' that is being thrown around here elsewhere in the thread.

Keep up the pretense. It is all you have ever done here on HR. Once a Pretender, always the Pretender and you are Pretender I. Liar, isu fan.

clown.r191677.gif
Relevancy of ISU's wrestling results? But for the record, ISU scores points in wrestling.
Really? Tell us how many points isu wrestling 'scored' in the 2013-14 Director's Cup. Now compare that to the points that Iowa scored. Do you see a difference? Which one was better? Now do the same for football, women's basketball, men's track and field, women's soccer, men's gymnastics. What does each of those results indicate for Iowa versus isu in Directors' Cup standings for the most recent completed year?

Lastly, go back to wrestling and tell me/us that you truly believe isu to be on par with Iowa. Because according to those making the rules for the Directors' Cup, there really is not that much of a difference. If you truly believe that to be the case in 2013-14, then I have some prime swamp land to sell to you because you just are not very astute in the realities of the world.

clown.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Keeker16:
I don't give a rip at all about the directors cup but a couple years ago I did find it humorous that iowa beat the mighty athletic dept of Isu in the cy hawk challenge and then finished dead last in the directors cup for the big ten...yet Iowa state put something out about how high they finished. I guess the big ten must have been really tough that year.

Think about this for a second. At iowa when our football team is 6-6 we want to fire the coach. At Iowa state a few years ago they had a team go 6-6 or 7-5 and their retard fans were discussing whether it was the best team ever. They also went to the NCAA a couple of years ago as an 8 or 9 seed and won a game and their fans talked about how great the team was. We fired Tom Davis for basically doing that 3 out of every 4 years.

In my 40 years of watching sports in the state iowa state fans have morphed into A very vocal minority. They have a great base of fans as far as going to events as long as team has a chance to win. They love to make a lot of noise when they win because they aren't used to it and want to make sure they get credit for it. Another thing about their fan base is they have a group that goes to events and then spends the next few months patting themselves on the back for how well they supported their team because they know they have a shit reputation. Should be called the Iowa state back patters. They might have a great basketball team the last couple of years...but they are still cyclones and that means they are still crap.
Keeker nails isu's "little brother syndrome". Will FG or any other clown fans be able to refute it? Not a chance. Inam betting they will just ignore Keeker.

Wrong again, Pretender....

Why shouldn't Iowa be finishing higher in the director's cup?
Statistics? Well for statrers, it looks as if the Big Ten is a much better and stronger conference than the big xii - at least according to results of the most recent full-year Director's Cup.

Following completion of the 2013-14 year, the Big Ten had a top five ranked team in Penn State; no top five team for the big xii. There were two Big Ten teams finishing in the top ten compared to just one for the big xii. Top twenty-five? The big xiii managed to place all of three institutions in that category whereas the Big Ten had six teams. Every Big Ten team other than Iowa finished ranked fifty or better. Half of the big xii failed to reach the fifty ranking mark. Looks like the Big Ten was a much tougher conference to compete within compared to the big xii.

More statistics for you, Pretender. Iowa (using Directors' Cup measures) was better than isu in football, wrestling and women's basketball for the 2013-14 year. Some could think through that and determine that Iowa is placing attention on the sports activities that have greatest impact on recognition, participation (football), fundraising and fan support. isu, being a full-fledged basketball school places the overwhelming majority of its emphasis on men's basketball.

Tell me/us, in the long-term is the better stategy/plan for an athletic department.

clown.r191677.gif
Too bad we weren't discussing this. I was looking for the statistics that shows that ISU is spending all this money in nonrevenue sports trying to beat Iowa, and how much money Pollard is pumping into XC.
Too bad, you posed the very question which I addressed in my response. (Note: I have quoted your question here just for you to reread, Pretender.)

Now, go back and read my reply that includes actual Directors' Cup rankings for each the Big Ten and big xii.... it help to know at least something of what you Pretend to be so knowledgeable about. Iowa competes against typically stronger teams in the Big Ten than isu does in the big xii. That is where the discussion (and answer to YOUR question) begins and ends.

Pretender is as Pretender does.

(Why am I reminded of so many threads on the rivals forum of HR? You know the one's where you rant on and on and on without really saying anything other than Iowa is evil and bad and isu is okay. How many posts per day are you averaging now, Pretender? Some things just will never change, no matter how many different screen ids you use! Your obsessive hatred toward the University of Iowa Athletic Department just will not allow you to escape.)

clown.r191677.gif
Yes, I did pose the question. No, you didn't answer it. You rambled on and on about the B!G and Big 12.

So why isn't Iowa finishing higher in the director's cup?

I would like to see iowa win championships in every sport, of course. I do not worry about the director's cup because it is a an arbitrary way to measure success. Just look at the formula and tell me what you think.

Given that Iowa has two sports very few play - wrestling and field hockey - they already have an advantage.
Since field hockey cannot be applied where isu is considered, tell me/us exactly why it is that isu has done so relatively poorly in wrestling. Feel free to cite all the Directors' Cup information you care to here.

Because, a school like isu that sits right in the middle of one of the most productive and fertile high school wrestling should be doing much better. You know, from that "advantage'" you mention above.

Fewer sports to fund, support, administer. Storied history in the sport. Yet, isu somehow manages to be mediocre in wrestling year after year. Some might use the term 'pathetic' that is being thrown around here elsewhere in the thread.

Keep up the pretense. It is all you have ever done here on HR. Once a Pretender, always the Pretender and you are Pretender I. Liar, isu fan.

clown.r191677.gif
Relevancy of ISU's wrestling results? But for the record, ISU scores points in wrestling.
Really? Tell us how many points isu wrestling 'scored' in the 2013-14 Director's Cup. Now compare that to the points that Iowa scored. Do you see a difference? Which one was better? Now do the same for football, women's basketball, men's track and field, women's soccer, men's gymnastics. What does each of those results indicate for Iowa versus isu in Directors' Cup standings for the most recent completed year?

Lastly, go back to wrestling and tell me/us that you truly believe isu to be on par with Iowa. Because according to those making the rules for the Directors' Cup, there really is not that much of a difference. If you truly believe that to be the case in 2013-14, then I have some prime swamp land to sell to you because you just are not very astute in the realities of the world.

clown.r191677.gif
First of all my post has nothing to do about comparing Iowa and ISU wrestling. But once again you go off on a tangent and start rambling. Iowa scored 80 points last year and ISU 64.5. What is your point?

And so back to my original point about those wailing that Iowa is at such a disadvantage in the director's cup....the number of schools who wrestle and play field hockey is small and Iowa has an advantage in that it can pick up easy points in those sports.

Statistics? Well for statrers, it looks as if the Big Ten is a much better and stronger conference than the big xii - at least according to results of the most recent full-year Director's Cup.

Following completion of the 2013-14 year, the Big Ten had a top five ranked team in Penn State; no top five team for the big xii. There were two Big Ten teams finishing in the top ten compared to just one for the big xii. Top twenty-five? The big xiii managed to place all of three institutions in that category whereas the Big Ten had six teams. Every Big Ten team other than Iowa finished ranked fifty or better. Half of the big xii failed to reach the fifty ranking mark. Looks like the Big Ten was a much tougher conference to compete within compared to the big xii.

More statistics for you, Pretender. Iowa (using Directors' Cup measures) was better than isu in football, wrestling and women's basketball for the 2013-14 year. Some could think through that and determine that Iowa is placing attention on the sports activities that have greatest impact on recognition, participation (football), fundraising and fan support. isu, being a full-fledged basketball school places the overwhelming majority of its emphasis on men's basketball.

Tell me/us, in the long-term is the better stategy/plan for an athletic department.

clown.r191677.gif
Too bad we weren't discussing this. I was looking for the statistics that shows that ISU is spending all this money in nonrevenue sports trying to beat Iowa, and how much money Pollard is pumping into XC.
Too bad, you posed the very question which I addressed in my response. (Note: I have quoted your question here just for you to reread, Pretender.)

Now, go back and read my reply that includes actual Directors' Cup rankings for each the Big Ten and big xii.... it help to know at least something of what you Pretend to be so knowledgeable about. Iowa competes against typically stronger teams in the Big Ten than isu does in the big xii. That is where the discussion (and answer to YOUR question) begins and ends.

(Why am I reminded of so many threads on the rivals forum of HR? You know the one's where you rant on and on and on without really saying anything other than Iowa is evil and bad and isu is okay. How many posts per day are you averaging now, Pretender? Some things just will never change, no matter how many different screen ids you use! Your obsessive hatred toward the University of Iowa Athletic Department just will not allow you to escape.)

clown.r191677.gif
Yes, I did pose the question. No, you didn't answer it. You rambled on and on about the B!G and Big 12.

Why? Because you are in absolute denial that the Big Ten is superior to the big xii concerning the Directors' Cup? Do you think it is more difficult to compete against better teams/programs or lesser ones? You can pretend all day long, but that will not change the fact of that matter. One only need look at the results and rankings. It is very evident that the Big Ten with every team not named Iowa ranked in the top fifty programs. Those are teams that Iowa competes against the majority of the time.

Conversely, isu competes in the big xii. Clearly, with five of its ten member teams falling 55th or lower, it is easier for isu to do better. This is not rocket science.

You and your ilk on here want to demean Iowa by comparing it to mighty isu. As has been aptly pointed out by many others, the success isu has is largely attributable to men's basketball, cross country, and a few women's sports. Iowa's Director Cup points come largely from football, wrestling, womens' basketball and a few other men's sports. By nearly any measure not the Director's Cup, Iowa is the better athletic program. Period.

(Did I/we miss your response to the number of posts from you? You like others to believe you are just the casual contributor her on HR... just like you tried to once do on the rivals forum. Three a day, I believe it was. Your obsessive habits have a way of catching up with you... all times of day and night, nearly every day again now for how long, Pretender?)

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif
First of all my post has nothing to do about comparing Iowa and ISU wrestling. But once again you go off on a tangent and start rambling. Iowa scored 80 points last year and ISU 64.5. What is your point?

And so back to my original point about those wailing that Iowa is at such a disadvantage in the director's cup....the number of schools who wrestle and play field hockey is small and Iowa has an advantage in that it can pick up easy points in those sports. Most everything YOU post on here has to do with Iowa versus isu... YOU recently have now admitted to participating on a cyclone forum whereas once it was that YOU could not care any less about isu. Which is the truth, Pretender?

The point is that isu wrestling does not compare well at all with Iowa, yet according to the one source YOU now favor (Directors' Cup), it is nearly one and the same. Let's see, isu wrestles(and has for quite some period of time) in a conference featuring all of four programs with wrestling. Instead of preparing and competing on an extensive basis, isu faces a total of three different big xii opponents. That, in a nutshell, comprises the 'meat' of the isu schedule.

To qualify for nationals out of the big xii, mostly all a wrestler need do is pass the mirror test (the one where if a mirror is places below the nostril and any sign of life is detected) to advance to the tourney. Much, much different than the Big Ten Tournament. Think about it.... an isu wrestler might compete a maximum of three times over the course of less than one day to qualify.

But, there is no arbitrary aspect to any of this... because, YOU, Pretender I. Liar say so. What a fool YOU are.

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

Why? Because you are in absolute denial that the Big Ten is superior to the big xii concerning the Directors' Cup? Do you think it is more difficult to compete against better teams/programs or lesser ones? You can pretend all day long, but that will not change the fact of that matter. One only need look at the results and rankings. It is very evident that the Big Ten with every team not named Iowa ranked in the top fifty programs. Those are teams that Iowa competes against the majority of the time.

Conversely, isu competes in the big xii. Clearly, with five of its ten member teams falling 55th or lower, it is easier for isu to do better. This is not rocket science.

You and your ilk on here want to demean Iowa by comparing it to mighty isu. As has been aptly pointed out by many others, the success isu has is largely attributable to men's basketball, cross country, and a few women's sports. Iowa's Director Cup points come largely from football, wrestling, womens' basketball and a few other men's sports. By nearly any measure not the Director's Cup, Iowa is the better athletic program. Period.

(Did I/we miss your response to the number of posts from you? You like others to believe you are just the casual contributor her on HR... just like you tried to once do on the rivals forum. Three a day, I believe it was. Your obsessive habits have a way of catching up with you... all times of day and night, nearly every day again now for how long, Pretender?)

clown.r191677.gif
When was I discussing the B1G vs. the Big 12 in the director's cup? Do you realize that the director's cup has nothing to do with how well you do in conference play?

You keep on ranting. And Iowa still has not been doing well in the director's cup and I am not even close to being the first Hawkeye fan to point this out, nor the last.

My number of posts is listed under my name.

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

And so back to my original point about those wailing that Iowa is at such a disadvantage in the director's cup....the number of schools who wrestle and play field hockey is small and Iowa has an advantage in that it can pick up easy points in those sports. Most everything YOU post on here has to do with Iowa versus isu... YOU recently have now admitted to participating on a cyclone forum whereas once it was that YOU could not care any less about isu. Which is the truth, Pretender?

The point is that isu wrestling does not compare well at all with Iowa, yet according to the one source YOU now favor (Directors' Cup), it is nearly one and the same. Let's see, isu wrestles(and has for quite some period of time) in a conference featuring all of four programs with wrestling. Instead of preparing and competing on an extensive basis, isu faces a total of three different big xii opponents. That, in a nutshell, comprises the 'meat' of the isu schedule.

To qualify for nationals out of the big xii, mostly all a wrestler need do is pass the mirror test (the one where if a mirror is places below the nostril and any sign of life is detected) to advance to the tourney. Much, much different than the Big Ten Tournament. Think about it.... an isu wrestler might compete a maximum of three times over the course of less than one day to qualify.

But, there is no arbitrary aspect to any of this... because, YOU, Pretender I. Liar say so. What a fool YOU are.

clown.r191677.gif
Participate in a cyclone forum? Not really. I have been on their rivals board on occasion. A rivals board is for the team's rival fans to post. Interesting concept, no? Been a long time since I have posted on it. I do read it on occasion.

But back to your rant about wrestling. Did you know the B1G gets many more slots for the NCAA tournaey than the Big 12? Hmmm, interesting, no?

The Director's cup measures the overall performance of an athletic dept. Iowa has not been doing well since Barta took over. Now run along to your Barta Lovefest.

I know I am adding to it but... this post has to end. I feel like I am lecturing my 2 year-old daughter when I read this thread. "It's my toy" "No, it's my toy"

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif
When was I discussing the B1G vs. the Big 12 in the director's cup? Do you realize that the director's cup has nothing to do with how well you do in conference play?

You keep on ranting. And Iowa still has not been doing well in the director's cup and I am not even close to being the first Hawkeye fan to point this out, nor the last.

The vast majority of your time here is devoted to defending isu... anyone that cares can see that. Only when your flimsy arguments take on water do YOU spin, divert, avoid, manipulate, dance to attempt to hide yourself from that truth.

How exactly do teams qualify to participate in bowls, tournaments, post-season competitions? Wait... by competing within conferences for the most part. To try to dismiss that fact as having "nothing to do with the Directors' Cup" is ludicrous and asinine. How a particular team performs within its league often helps in determining which bowl game it might be invited to participate in and/or a seeding in a tournament. Again, Pretender, YOU are showing YOUR utter ignorance of these matters every time YOU continue to post.

Make no mistake, YOU are not a Hawkeye fan. I am not the lone person to notice and point out this.

Yes, the number of posts are under YOUR "name" just as was the case for all of YOUR other "names" used here on HR. Looks like YOU are well beyond 400 posts now for this still relative new year of 2015. But, YOU want others to believe that YOU do not spend an inordinate amount of time here (and now we come to find out also on cyclone message boards). That is how we came to the 'three a day' fiasco that YOU found YOURSELF in here on HR not all that long ago.

The point of all that being that YOU have never changed. Once a Pretender, always a Pretender. Only the 'name' changes when the ban hammer hits YOU and that would be enough for most to understand how annoying they are. Just not YOU.

No surprises there!

clown.r191677.gif

Originally posted by WhiteSoxClone:
Originally posted by Herkster5:

Originally posted by relishingwinning18:

Originally posted by 100yearscounting:
Of course a clown fan is pulling for the clowns.
No, I'm most definitely a Hawk fan first and foremost. My wife is a UI grad, and we've attended several different sporting events in Iowa City. However, I don't share the same hate for Iowa State as many do on this board. Yes, they have their annoying, irrational fans, but so we do (see 100yearsadouce). The Clone fans that I know are usually tolerable, which is nice. I'm not sure why one would cheer against another Iowa school, unless they are playing each other head-to-head. You'd think that any publicity our state could get would be a positive thing.

Oh, and since you'll bring up their fan base, their administration, their players, etc. I get it, they've made mistakes, but so have we. Don't let that get in the way of your usual bs you spew.
I do not hate ISU, I like Hoiberg, Morris, Niang, and Long. I think they are a great team and have a chance to go a long way in this tournament. I have good friends that are ISU fans, and I'm happy for them. However, their fans on this board are second to none though in trolling. It's bizarre to me why they run over here after every win to puff their chest. It's even more bizarre, that they look for haters to only respond to as well. There could be a thread with 100 compliments about ISU, with 1 negative comment, and all of the ISU guys will respond to that ONE bad comment. It'll be Farmer, LC, Cyd, Cyphillis, Sigh, Makeweight, FG, and Stender among others. I just don't get it, why is it impossible to have a rationale discussion without being a d***head behind a screen.
Oh, I agree 100% - LoneClone is usually tolerable, and posts some good information - however, there are several Clone fans that troll the forums almost as hard as 100years trolls and thread that the Clones are mentioned in. Both teams, and schools, have their ups and downs, like any will when it is made up of 18-23 year olds. Rationale discussions would be nice to see at times, but we have too many State haters that will jump in to change the subject, which gets the thread off track.
When I read through threads like this, its clear why so many Iowa fans hate Iowa State and vice versa. The Internet gives the few idiots from rivalry schools a disproportionate voice. It makes it hard to cheer for another school when you've got a few their worst fans coming onto your boards to taunt you everytime they win. Or when one of their fans calls you a "subhuman" merely for liking a rival school. Its unfortunate too, because so many of these threads start with Iowa fans complementing Iowa State or vice versa, and then the trolls get ahold of the thread and it spirals out of control.
I agree WhiteSoxClone. I pull for all state schools. The internet does bring out the worst in many fans. It makes it difficult for a Hawk to pull for clones and vice versa with the crap on message boards.

Of course a clown fan is pulling for the clowns.
No, I'm most definitely a Hawk fan first and foremost. My wife is a UI grad, and we've attended several different sporting events in Iowa City. However, I don't share the same hate for Iowa State as many do on this board. Yes, they have their annoying, irrational fans, but so we do (see 100yearsadouce). The Clone fans that I know are usually tolerable, which is nice. I'm not sure why one would cheer against another Iowa school, unless they are playing each other head-to-head. You'd think that any publicity our state could get would be a positive thing.

Oh, and since you'll bring up their fan base, their administration, their players, etc. I get it, they've made mistakes, but so have we. Don't let that get in the way of your usual bs you spew.
I do not hate ISU, I like Hoiberg, Morris, Niang, and Long. I think they are a great team and have a chance to go a long way in this tournament. I have good friends that are ISU fans, and I'm happy for them. However, their fans on this board are second to none though in trolling. It's bizarre to me why they run over here after every win to puff their chest. It's even more bizarre, that they look for haters to only respond to as well. There could be a thread with 100 compliments about ISU, with 1 negative comment, and all of the ISU guys will respond to that ONE bad comment. It'll be Farmer, LC, Cyd, Cyphillis, Sigh, Makeweight, FG, and Stender among others. I just don't get it, why is it impossible to have a rationale discussion without being a d***head behind a screen.
I agree relishingwinning. I like ISU but their fan bases inferiority complex with Iowa is unreal. I went to SA last year to watch ISU in tourney and all some ISU fans were worried about was Iowa.

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif
Participate in a cyclone forum? Not really. I have been on their rivals board on occasion. A rivals board is for the team's rival fans to post. Interesting concept, no? Been a long time since I have posted on it. I do read it on occasion.

But back to your rant about wrestling. Did you know the B1G gets many more slots for the NCAA tournaey than the Big 12? Hmmm, interesting, no?

The Director's cup measures the overall performance of an athletic dept. Iowa has not been doing well since Barta took over. Now run along to your Barta Lovefest.
Yeah, really. Do YOU deny ever stating not to care at all about isu? Somehow those two concepts do not fit together, so which is it, Pretender? Which time were YOU lying this time?

Yes, I am aware of allocations. The Big Ten has ten more teams participating in wrestling compared to the big xii. That equates to roughly 100 more individuals competing in the sport... a very sizable difference. Did you know that the big xii is, yet once again, trying to realign itself with other teams/leagues so that it does not look like the forgotten stepchild of wrestling qualification? Why would there ever be a need to have this occur if everything is equitable and fair the way it now exists?

Reasons have been postulated about why Iowa has not been performing well in the Directors' Cup. Most, if not all of those reasons have validity in answering that question. YOU cannot mount any sort of intelligent response to refute those reasons and have morphed back into Pretender the denier. Congrats on not disappointing.

clown.r191677.gif

Originally posted by stender72865:
Only an Iowa fan would bring up a loss from 14 years ago - just another example of their jealousy of ISU basketball. Two great wins in conference tournament - meanwhile Iowa can't beat a 13 seed. Love it! Rising!
And only a douche bag ISU fan with no life would spend all his time on an Iowa message board. What a pathetic life you must lead.

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

The vast majority of your time here is devoted to defending isu... anyone that cares can see that. Only when your flimsy arguments take on water do YOU spin, divert, avoid, manipulate, dance to attempt to hide yourself from that truth.

How exactly do teams qualify to participate in bowls, tournaments, post-season competitions? Wait... by competing within conferences for the most part. To try to dismiss that fact as having "nothing to do with the Directors' Cup" is ludicrous and asinine. How a particular team performs within its league often helps in determining which bowl game it might be invited to participate in and/or a seeding in a tournament. Again, Pretender, YOU are showing YOUR utter ignorance of these matters every time YOU continue to post.

Make no mistake, YOU are not a Hawkeye fan. I am not the lone person to notice and point out this.

Yes, the number of posts are under YOUR "name" just as was the case for all of YOUR other "names" used here on HR. Looks like YOU are well beyond 400 posts now for this still relative new year of 2015. But, YOU want others to believe that YOU do not spend an inordinate amount of time here (and now we come to find out also on cyclone message boards). That is how we came to the 'three a day' fiasco that YOU found YOURSELF in here on HR not all that long ago.

The point of all that being that YOU have never changed. Once a Pretender, always a Pretender. Only the 'name' changes when the ban hammer hits YOU and that would be enough for most to understand how annoying they are. Just not YOU.

No surprises there!

clown.r191677.gif
Saying Iowa has been doing pathetic in the director's cup is NOT defending ISU. My, my what a inferior complex you have.

As for your more than flimsy arguments, the conference might determine which bowl game you end up in but just going to a bowl gets you points. So you don't have to win the conference championship or be runner up or even third, or fourth to still get points in FB. To qualify for post season bb, your conference finish will have some bearing on your seed but not the sole bearing. Some sports have qualifying tournaments. So please, spare me, this "The B1G is soooo tough that Iowa just can't generate enough points to finish higher in the B1G" That is sooooo lame. Another Barta Lovefest excuse.

You are greatly mistaken. I am a Hawkeye fan and the only reason other posters state such is because 100 and you go on and on about it. I don't bash any players like half or more of the board does. Does that mean they aren't Hawkeye fans? Because you say? Of course. You have been on a quest for sometime to try to prove I am not a Hawkeye fan and have yet to prove it.

This is the only name I have used 5. I have been on the board off and on for several years. But thanks for stalking me and counting up my posts for the year. And no I don't spend time on Cyclone boards. Do you have an understanding of occasional?

No ban hammers for me. Sorry to burst your little insecure bubble.

FG takes shots at Iowa and ignores everything that shows the culture of d-bags at isu.

Rinse and repeat as it is BAU for FG.

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

Yeah, really. Do YOU deny ever stating not to care at all about isu? Somehow those two concepts do not fit together, so which is it, Pretender? Which time were YOU lying this time?

Yes, I am aware of allocations. The Big Ten has ten more teams participating in wrestling compared to the big xii. That equates to roughly 100 more individuals competing in the sport... a very sizable difference. Did you know that the big xii is, yet once again, trying to realign itself with other teams/leagues so that it does not look like the forgotten stepchild of wrestling qualification? Why would there ever be a need to have this occur if everything is equitable and fair the way it now exists?

Reasons have been postulated about why Iowa has not been performing well in the Directors' Cup. Most, if not all of those reasons have validity in answering that question. YOU cannot mount any sort of intelligent response to refute those reasons and have morphed back into Pretender the denier. Congrats on not disappointing.

clown.r191677.gif
The concept of posting on a RIVALRY board doesn't fit with not caring about ISU? Really? Do you understand the concept of a RIVALRY board? Apparently not. What exactly do you think it is I am lying about? Your rants are hard to follow.

Hey thanks for the info on Big 12 trying to realign itself. Really don't care but I will file it away under news I may need to know some day.

So in other words, you can't tell me why Iowa is not performing well in the director's cup? I am stunned. Are you president of the Gary Barta Lovefest Fan Club?

Originally posted by TailgateTom:

Only an Iowa fan would bring up a loss from 14 years ago - just another example of their jealousy of ISU basketball. Two great wins in conference tournament - meanwhile Iowa can't beat a 13 seed. Love it! Rising!
And only a douche bag ISU fan with no life would spend all his time on an Iowa message board. What a pathetic life you must lead.
You could argue any person who spends an exorbitant amount of time on any message board has a pathetic life. That being said, there are a few Hawk posters who spend waaayyyyyyy more time than any ISU fan on here.

Originally posted by Isitfootballseason?:

You could argue any person who spends an exorbitant amount of time on any message board has a pathetic life. That being said, there are a few Hawk posters who spend waaayyyyyyy more time than any ISU fan on here.
It's weird 5 has 9000 posts then rants about me being on this board all the time with under 2000.

I don't give a rip at all about the directors cup but a couple years ago I did find it humorous that iowa beat the mighty athletic dept of Isu in the cy hawk challenge and then finished dead last in the directors cup for the big ten...yet Iowa state put something out about how high they finished. I guess the big ten must have been really tough that year.

Think about this for a second. At iowa when our football team is 6-6 we want to fire the coach. At Iowa state a few years ago they had a team go 6-6 or 7-5 and their retard fans were discussing whether it was the best team ever. They also went to the NCAA a couple of years ago as an 8 or 9 seed and won a game and their fans talked about how great the team was. We fired Tom Davis for basically doing that 3 out of every 4 years.

In my 40 years of watching sports in the state iowa state fans have morphed into A very vocal minority. They have a great base of fans as far as going to events as long as team has a chance to win. They love to make a lot of noise when they win because they aren't used to it and want to make sure they get credit for it. Another thing about their fan base is they have a group that goes to events and then spends the next few months patting themselves on the back for how well they supported their team because they know they have a shit reputation. Should be called the Iowa state back patters. They might have a great basketball team the last couple of years...but they are still cyclones and that means they are still crap.
Called it again. FG and band of d-bag clown fans have no answer for this post from Keeker. Shocking.

It's odd that FG claims to be an Iowa fan and then only takes shots at Iowa while ignoring each and every d-bag incident coming out of Lames. Same as all great clown fans.

Called it again. FG and band of d-bag clown fans have no answer for this post from Keeker. Shocking.
What was the question?

I will say some of you, like yourself 100, sure do have an inferiority complex when it comes to ISU. You spend a tremendous amount of time obsessing over them.

Iowa isn't doing much worse under Barta than before
Did you type that with a straight face?

In the years previous to Barta, Iowa averaged 39th in the standings and in the middle or top half of the B1G. One year ranked 26th and one year 27th. Worst year was Bowlsby's last at 53rd.

Since Barta, Iowa is averaging 55th in the standings, finishing last or almost last in the B1G. Best year was two 43rds. Last year we were 78th and year before 65th.

It's weird 5 has 9000 posts then rants about me being on this board all the time with under 2000.
Sure. And no one would ever stop to think that I have posted here on HR for well over a decade whereas the "FG" moniker appeared (or reappeared) within the last twelve months and has already accumulated those nearly 2,000 posts. Fact is, Pretender, under her newest disguise has posted in excess of 400 times since January 1, 2015.

YOU really are not very bright.

But YOU really are the same Pretender that you always have been.

clown.r191677.gif

To have an inferiority complex Iowa would need to be inferior to little brother isu. That isn't the case now and i don't expect it will be anytime soon. Let us know when isu has a better academic reputation, better overall athletic history/success and overall standing than Iowa. Not for a small or a select time frame but what is considered by most people across the country.

I will make this easy for you FG, when ESPN quits confusing any success isu has with Iowa and this occurs consistently the other way you may have a point.

Untill then then you are just a clown fans nondifferent than any other. They all have "little brother" syndrome.

"… but they are still cyclones and that means they are still crap."

My answer would be: Keeker since you are at least pushing 50 and you post something like that you have a lot of growing up to do.

Sure. And no one would ever stop to think that I have posted here on HR for well over a decade whereas the "FG" moniker appeared (or reappeared) within the last twelve months and has already accumulated those nearly 2,000 posts. Fact is, Pretender, under her newest disguise has posted in excess of 400 times since January 1, 2015.

clown.r191677.gif
Joined in 2006. And posted before 2015. Thanks for stalking.

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

No surprises there!

clown.r191677.gif
Saying Iowa has been doing pathetic in the director's cup is NOT defending ISU. My, my what a inferior complex you have.

As for your more than flimsy arguments, the conference might determine which bowl game you end up in but just going to a bowl gets you points. So you don't have to win the conference championship or be runner up or even third, or fourth to still get points in FB. To qualify for post season bb, your conference finish will have some bearing on your seed but not the sole bearing. Some sports have qualifying tournaments. So please, spare me, this "The B1G is soooo tough that Iowa just can't generate enough points to finish higher in the B1G" That is sooooo lame. Another Barta Lovefest excuse.

You are greatly mistaken. I am a Hawkeye fan and the only reason other posters state such is because 100 and you go on and on about it. I don't bash any players like half or more of the board does. Does that mean they aren't Hawkeye fans? Because you say? Of course. You have been on a quest for sometime to try to prove I am not a Hawkeye fan and have yet to prove it.

This is the only name I have used 5. I have been on the board off and on for several years. But thanks for stalking me and counting up my posts for the year. And no I don't spend time on Cyclone boards. Do you have an understanding of occasional?

Since you are so hooked on the director's cup, Virginia was a #1 seed, while Tenn and Stanford were #11 and #10 seeds, yet they all got the same amount of director cup points, because of which round of the NCAA tournament they were knocked out in (all in the sweet 16). You think that's accurate based on how their season's went? I don't, and that's why it's stupid.

To have an inferiority complex Iowa would need to be inferior to little brother isu. That isn't the case now and i don't expect it will be anytime soon. Let us know when isu has a better academic reputation, better overall athletic history/success and overall standing than Iowa. Not for a small or a select time frame but what is considered by most people across the country.

I will make this easy for you FG, when ESPN quits confusing any success isu has with Iowa and this occurs consistently the other way you may have a point.

Untill then then you are just a clown fans nondifferent than any other. They all have "little brother" syndrome.
You have an inferiority complex. Otherwise you wouldn't obsess over ISU.

Speaking of academics, your second to last sentence....please don't brag to anyone about graduating from UI.

Which gives Iowa more chances. It is very pathetic that ISU is finishing ahead of Iowa in the Director's Cup, especially given Iowa's financial resources.
Now, it might be understandable how someone Pretending to be something they are not could forget words they posted just days ago on this very thead....

But, no one will mistake the content and context of what YOU posted, Pretender. Why the need to insert isu into the conversation if YOU now want to shy away from discussion regarding the relative strengths of each the Big Ten and big xii?Does one fit neatly into YOUR obsession toward anything Iowa and the other fly right in YOUR face? Why of course it does.

Turn it around... tell me/us why the big xii does so poorly compared to most if not all of the other Power 5 conferences? The ACC is better top to bottom. The Pac 12 is definitely better than the big xii. So is the SEC. It has already been established that the Big Ten is better. What is holding back the mighty big xii from excelling inthe Director's Cup standings? The University of Texas has all the money one institution could want (especially considering that they only have nine other programs to compete against). Why aren't the Longhorns doing better than teams from the the top of the other Power 5 conferences?

(That should keep YOU busy for awhile.)

Keep on being the Pretender that we all know and laugh at.

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

No surprises there!

clown.r191677.gif

Since you are so hooked on the director's cup, Virginia was a #1 seed, while Tenn and Stanford were #11 and #10 seeds, yet they all got the same amount of director cup points, because of which round of the NCAA tournament they were knocked out in (all in the sweet 16). You think that's accurate based on how their season's went? I don't, and that's why it's stupid.
People didn't think it was stupid when Iowa was 26th. Bragged about it then. Why does UI use the director's cup to measure its success in evaluating coaches and the athletic program?

I think it is stupid to pay Kirk Ferentz $4M.

clown.r191677.gif
Joined in 2006. And posted before 2015. Thanks for stalking.
Should be easy enough for YOU to verify... or, did YOU think I/we would be convinced by another of YOUR lies?

No one needs to stalk. To paraphase YOU, YOUR post count is under YOUR 'name'. It becomes simple mathematics from that info. Thanks for confirming how dumb YOU can be when YOU get into full rant mode here.

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

No surprises there!

clown.r191677.gif

People didn't think it was stupid when Iowa was 26th. Bragged about it then. Why does UI use the director's cup to measure its success in evaluating coaches and the athletic program?

YOU do not pay the head coach at Iowa one penny. Never have and never will.

But, since YOU introduced it to the very derailed topic, how do YOU feel about the dollars paid to say.... Paul Rhoads? YOU must be aware that at the time of his most recent employment at isu, he was the highest paid newly hired person ever in the State of Iowa. Same for his predecesssor, Gene the runaway coaching machine. Both untested as head coaches, yet each was paid an amount exceeding any other new hire ever in Iowa.

(Seems like the isu strategy is to throw all the dollars they can at whatever needs attention and hope that no one notices if it works in favor or not. Coaching salaries, recruiting ... it all falls into spending more and returning less, except maybe for men's basketball. That is why isu is a men's basketball school only.)

YOUR turn Pretender.

Hey cyinPeoria,

Why don't you tell the 12 year olds on cry-clown fanatic to grow up? Naw that is an impossible task. isu fans have and always will have "little brother" syndrome.

This thread is living and breathing proof.

I think isu spends way too much per win in football and to have the worst ranked football recruiting class in the Texas Ten. But of course FG and all great clown fans will ignore these facts. Ignroing anything that shows how isu really is is part of the d-bag culture Pollad is building in lames.

FG should go back to argung that Dallas Clark's dad was quoted saying KF had no hand in his son being at Iowa. He can sing a lot of things but he just can't bring it and back up his crap.

BAU

Which gives Iowa more chances. It is very pathetic that ISU is finishing ahead of Iowa in the Director's Cup, especially given Iowa's financial resources.
Now, it might be understandable how someone Pretending to be something they are not could forget words they posted just days ago on this very thead....

But, no one will mistake the content and context of what YOU posted, Pretender. Why the need to insert isu into the conversation if YOU now want to shy away from discussion regarding the relative strengths of each the Big Ten and big xii?Does one fit neatly into YOUR obsession toward anything Iowa and the other fly right in YOUR face? Why of course it does.

Turn it around... tell me/us why the big xii does so poorly compared to most if not all of the other Power 5 conferences? The ACC is better top to bottom. The Pac 12 is definitely better than the big xii. So is the SEC. It has already been established that the Big Ten is better. What is holding back the mighty big xii from excelling inthe Director's Cup standings? The University of Texas has all the money one institution could want (especially considering that they only have nine other programs to compete against). Why aren't the Longhorns doing better than teams from the the top of the other Power 5 conferences?

(That should keep YOU busy for awhile.)

Keep on being the Pretender that we all know and laugh at.

clown.r191677.gif
So you don't find it pathetic that ISU has been finishing ahead of Iowa in the director's cup? Of course a Barta Lovefest Fan club member wouldn't find it pathetic.

Poor, poor Iowa, playing in the B1G. How can we ever compete? Maybe at one of your Gary Barta Fan Club meetings, you and Gary can discuss Iowa moving to a conference where they can compete.

Odd you would bring up Texas since they are often found in the top 10 of the director's cup.

So isu is a womens Volleyball and cross-country school. Isn't that what the directors cup is saying.

Leave it to clown fans to wet themselves over Women's Volleyball and Cross-Country.

Good job out of you FG.

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

clown.r191677.gif

No surprises there!

clown.r191677.gif

YOU do not pay the head coach at Iowa one penny. Never have and never will.

But, since YOU introduced it to the very derailed topic, how do YOU feel about the dollars paid to say.... Paul Rhoads? YOU must be aware that at the time of his most recent employment at isu, he was the highest paid newly hired person ever in the State of Iowa. Same for his predecesssor, Gene the runaway coaching machine. Both untested as head coaches, yet each was paid an amount exceeding any other new hire ever in Iowa.

(Seems like the isu strategy is to throw all the dollars they can at whatever needs attention and hope that no one notices if it works in favor or not. Coaching salaries, recruiting ... it all falls into spending more and returning less, except maybe for men's basketball. That is why isu is a men's basketball school only.)

YOUR turn Pretender.
Who cares if I pay the head coach two pennies? It is still stupid.

No, I am not aware he was the highest paid newly hired person ever in the State of Iowa. Nor do I care. Thanks for giving more useless information for me to file away.

It's weird that you and 100 have all these fun facts on ISU. You know since you both claim to be Hawkeye fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT