ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a new era in Hawkeye Land!!! - FSU fan thread to discuss Hawkeye football

I think it's weird you think every season from here on out is destined to be reflective of this season.

As a developmental program, Iowa always has had peaks and valleys. Offensively in particular, it's in an abyss right now.

I expect that to change.
“I expect that to change”

How? This past three years have been horrendous with no change to the scheme or playcalling. We got all these new players on offense to only become worse on that side of the ball. Kirk needs to clean house with the coaching staff on that side of the ball minus Betts and Hodge. The way to be and stay successful is to go out of your comfort zone. That is bizarro world Kirk if that happens

“I expect that to change”

How?
My podcast partner is pretty dialed in in the coaching world.

He has stated publicly - several times - that he has heard Brian will be voluntarily exiting the Iowa football program at the conclusion of this season.

At this point, you'd have to be a little crazy to not view that as the best option for everyone. Running it back would not make ANYONE happy, IMO.

Granted, Iowa can't attract good qbs because recruits recognize that it's a bad place to play qb - but to keep complaining about qb play year to year is missing the point. You have bad qb play because they have bad coaching. A good coach could get mediocre qb play out of a qb group.
Shit, the military academies are getting better results and most of those teams don't throw very often.

I think it's weird you think every season from here on out is destined to be reflective of this season.

As a developmental program, Iowa always has had peaks and valleys. Offensively in particular, it's in an abyss right now.

I expect that to change.
I think its weird you think Iowa would have just as good seasons had they competed in the east.

im willing to revisit this thread at the end of next season when they cant rely on grinding wins out against the shit west division every year

He has stated publicly - several times - that he has heard Brian will be voluntarily exiting the Iowa football program at the conclusion of this season.

At this point, you'd have to be a little crazy to not view that as the best option for everyone. Running it back would not make ANYONE happy, IMO.
I hope your partner is right but ... a lot of folks said the same thing after last season as well. I mean I thought (along with several others) that it would be crazy to run it back again for this year.

They ran it back last year and NO ONE was happy haha. It got to the point where Barta had so much pressure to do something that he came up with the 25 ppg deal and made us the laughing stock of college football. I guess we will wait and see but I hope your guy is right on this.

Reactions: srams21
They ran it back last year and NO ONE was happy haha. It got to the point where Barta had so much pressure to do something that he came up with the 25 ppg deal and made us the laughing stock of college football. I guess we will wait and see but I hope your guy is right on this.
At this point 20 ppg is too high.

Sorry if Pepsi… Noles special teams coach discusses the DeJean return.

"The arms to the side, to me, are not a signal for a fair catch," Papuchis said. "I've seen people do it to try to dig people into slowing down and then run a return. I've never seen that called as a signal for a fair catch."

Football being played on a baseball field is just as dumb, if not dumber than watching soccer being played on a baseball field

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
If you listen to that, you won't have any idea of what's actually going on in the game. Its a string of name dropping, plugs, and outright commercials.

I’ve listened most weeks but not today because listening to FSU radio. Iowa radio broadcast is solid. They do a good job.

I honestly still can't believe...

a) Kirk didn't play for OT.
b) They actually completed a pass to a WR to get into FG range.
c) The FG was actually good.

It's Northwestern. They usually are that one maddening goddam B10 team that rips our hearts out, not the other way around.

Despite the lack of offense, that game had my heart racing at the end and it was a thriller!
was the opposite for me. More time spent scrolling thru phone than watching that boring shit.

Watched Newcastle vs Arsenal match before and Just finished watching the Red Wings beat boston. Bith endings were more heart racing than the hawkeye game

Apparently firing Brian, but letting him finish out the season, failed to light a fire under anyone's ass.

Kirk's offense is spectacular. So high-powered. One might even call it a juggernaut. Definitely has strong shoulders & back, if nothing else. Holding up the rest of the CFB world from the very bottom rung on the ladder.

He only gameplan's scoring a minimal amount of points to let the opposition feel like they have a shot at winning. (and sometimes they actually do, see the MIN game a couple weeks back). He's a true gentleman like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT