ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a new era in Hawkeye Land!!! - FSU fan thread to discuss Hawkeye football

It was Iowa's most complete game played yet this year. 402 total yards (fairly even both rushing/passing), shutout for the defense (which had a LOT to do with the offense's output...Rutgers' defense was fried by the time the 4th quarter arrived).

Wasn't a perfect performance by any means (missed FG, the pick, some odd Hill handoffs blowing up running plays, Hill's fumbled snap)...but the best they've played this year. And play just a trifle bit cleaner ball, they could have gotten into the 30's.

Very nice to not have a Rolaids Reunion Finish for once.

It will be interesting next week going up against Illinois. Something tells me they will pick on the secondary at anybody not named Cooper DeJean over and over again - and it will be interesting to see if Iowa can "handle success" better than after the Wisconsin win.

If we win next week, we’ll be the least impressive 10 win team of all time. But as my buddy put it, better than the most impressive 10 loss team of all time.
Are my hopes high for the BTCCG? No. But I would rather get the trophy and get slaughtered, than watch Nebraska, Illinois, MInnesota, or Wisconsin get the trophy and get slaughtered.

Are my hopes high for the BTCCG? No. But I would rather get the trophy and get slaughtered, than watch Nebraska, Illinois, MInnesota, or Wisconsin get the trophy and get slaughtered.
It actually makes it a relaxing two weeks of football, although I'm sure Brian and the offense will still infuriate the hell out of me.

The Dejean injury took out the last hope I had for the BiG championship game, I was thinking a couple punt returns for TD's might give Iowa a shot if Michigan/tOSU played flat and had a bunch of TO's, but it's just kind of inconceivable that that game is gonna be anything but a blowout, probably the same story as the last couple years against elite teams, the D will hold out for a half and then collapse because they get nothing fro the O.

If we win next week, we’ll be the least impressive 10 win team of all time. But as my buddy put it, better than the most impressive 10 loss team of all time.
86j2xl.jpg

Iowa football is infuriating. Offense sucks? No problem, we'll just do DEF and ST. DEF sucks? No problem, our ST and OFF will cover you. Kicker can't make a FG or XP? No problem, the OFF and DEF has your back.

I swear to God I've lost more hair this season than any other. For once I just like to sit back and enjoy a true and old fashioned ass kicking.

Iowa football is infuriating. Offense sucks? No problem, we'll just do DEF and ST. DEF sucks? No problem, our ST and OFF will cover you. Kicker can't make a FG or XP? No problem, the OFF and DEF has your back.

I swear to God I've lost more hair this season than any other. For once I just like to sit back and enjoy a true and old fashioned ass kicking.

You know they'll beat Nebraska 5-3 on Friday, right? Get destroyed in the BT title game then inexplicably win their bowl game 38-6

Last edited:

But by god, I love this team.

Prolly still on peacock to watch. Dont know what to tell you if you think that game at wrigley dump was more exciting than the match i referenced, especially if you didnt watch it.
I defiantly did not watch the kickball game and Iowa's game winning FG was more exciting than any soccer game I've never watched...ever. Disrespectfully agree to disagree...

I defiantly did not watch the kickball game and Iowa's game winning FG was more exciting than any soccer game I've never watched...ever. Disrespectfully agree to disagree...
Judging by your avatar, you are a baseball fan. I dont think you are a good judge of what is exciting re:sporting events.

That game at wrigley was boring as fvck
Go to peacock and watch the last 10 minutes of that match.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT